DOA5LR Ayane Combo Discussion

Mesharey

Great video, the last combo in the first video is good, maybe if you modify it to hit the wall you can get death combo.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Updated the OP of the combo thread. Added combos for the newly updated 4K (credit to JDE for giving me the damage output of the combos). Also added in Critical Burst setups and some more Critical Burst combos as well. Credit to Iripthejackel and 866AiN999 for some Critical Burst setups and Critical Burst Combos.

Omg I'm in love with this one: CB, 11, BT4K, 6P, 8KK, BT PP4PP7K. I was previously using BT 3P as the launcher, as it required no special timing, but It seems like ever since the patch I've been dropping it all over the place. For the above combo, is it still light-weights only?

Also, I've been looking for some solid followups for Ayane's sitdown stuns. I saw 4P+K after BT6K which I love. I've been using BT4K after her 3H+K for anyone who might not know it's guaranteed. Same goes for a blocked 236 H+K. Has anyone found a reliable way to chain her sitdown stuns? I've gotten BT6K to chain into 3H+K but no idea how to make that a CB combo.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Omg I'm in love with this one: CB, 11, BT4K, 6P, 8KK, BT PP4PP7K. I was previously using BT 3P as the launcher, as it required no special timing, but It seems like ever since the patch I've been dropping it all over the place. For the above combo, is it still light-weights only?

Yeah, it only works on light weights.

Also, I've been looking for some solid followups for Ayane's sitdown stuns. I saw 4P+K after BT6K which I love. I've been using BT4K after her 3H+K for anyone who might not know it's guaranteed. Same goes for a blocked 236 H+K. Has anyone found a reliable way to chain her sitdown stuns? I've gotten BT6K to chain into 3H+K but no idea how to make that a CB combo.

3H+K > BT4K is pretty common, actually. And really strong.

Sitdown Stun into Launch

Starter 3H+K

3H+K > 66 (no roll) > BT4K > BTPP4PP7K - NH = 66/CH = 82 *Optimal*
3H+K > 66 (no roll) > BT4K > BTPP6KK4 > BT7K - NH = 77/CH = 96 *Optimal*
3H+K > 66 (no roll) > BT4P > BTPP4PP7K - NH = 68/CH = 85
3H+K > 66 (no roll) > BT6P > PP6PK - NH = 64/CH = 81
3H+K > 66 (no roll) > BT6P > 66KK4 > BT7K - NH = /CH = *Optimal*
3H+K > 66 (no roll) > BT6P > PPPK - NH = 69/CH = 87 *Viable on Light/Mid weights*
3H+K > 66 (no roll) > BT4K > BT6P > 66KK4 > BT7K - NH=82/CH=103 *Viable on Light/Mid weights*

Just an FYI, the only true guaranteed launcher after 3H+K is BT6P. It truly beats both stagger escape and hold attempts;

3H+K > 66 (no roll) > BT6P > 66KK4 > BT7K - Viable on all weight classes.

You're better off chaining Ayane's sitdown stuns (3H+K into BT6K) when you near the wall or object rather than being midscreen. Because nothing worthwhile is guaranteed from BT6K if you aren't (236K is not worth it unless you are sure it will take the round or match).

iHajin to the rescue of course :) First off, I know this info is in your guide; thanks for excusing my laziness once again.
And I had no idea about 3H+K > 6P, it didn't even seem viable to me before, but of course I wasn't dashing with BT 66. (So much to learn :D) As for he sitdown stus, wall tech is always appreciated, especially as a Helena player. Alright, back to work. Thanks again :)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
No problem, if there's anything you want to ask or something you wish to know, don't hesitate to post. I'm here to help those that seek it.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
66P only stuns on counter and hi counter hit, and in critical stun (and is a bit slow). 6P is 13 frames and has better options on counter and hi counter.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
iHajinShinobi JDE Ael
What is the most damaging juggle on heavyweights for 3H+K, 66 (no roll), BT6P?
At max range, PP6PK and PPPK don't seem to connect unless I'm doing something wrong.
I usually do BT 6P or 66 BT 6P after 3H+K connects because it's 100% guaranteed. Don't like to take risks with damage potential.

Edit: Hajinshinobi said it above: 3H+K > 66 BT 6P > 66KK4 BT 7K or if I'm near the wall I do
3H+K > 66 BT 6P > 66KK4 BT 4PK.

3H+K 66 BT 6P > 66KK4 BT PP4PP7K I got to work against only objects (tables chairs benches etc). Still trying to tie it in on certain areas it works

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
^ It's nice to see the high damage potential (I've pretty much thoroughly explored practically every combo in this video personally). But most of it isn't that viable (stun extension after hit confirmed 4K is not that bright), which is why I never really listed much of these things before while finding them.

Bluefire501

You would be surprised on how much of the on these moves work and get pulled off in every match by snipe and myself. Just because its not guaranteed doesn't mean you cant trick the opponent to fall for it. That is the problem with DOA now less and less people are being creative and just doing what works 100% of the time.( Not saying your not creative, but generally all you see is the same thing by everyone that knows basic/ intermediate knowledge on the character...)

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
No, the point is you're taking unnecessary risk in a already winning opportunity with a character like Ayane who doesn't need to "guess" at all since she is design to screw you over any way she chooses. He is not telling you how to play, he is just giving his take on the video with facts. No need to get offended especially if you are a player who care to learn.

For example. Ayane 4K on hit guaranteeds either a Sitdown stun, or ground bounce with guaranteeds a juggle. Why would you do something like 3K that just put you into a guessing game which will lead to you being held instead of guaranteed damage considering Ayane's damage output?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You would be surprised on how much of the on these moves work and get pulled off in every match by snipe and myself. Just because its not guaranteed doesn't mean you cant trick the opponent to fall for it. That is the problem with DOA now less and less people are being creative and just doing what works 100% of the time.( Not saying your not creative, but generally all you see is the same thing by everyone that knows basic/ intermediate knowledge on the character...)

lol, I almost mistook your statement about "basic/intermediate knowledge on the character" as an insult. I'll overlook that assumption.

Anyway, I never said you cannot trick opponents to fall for something. Do not assume I know very little of this character. Being unpredictable to obtain high damage is "one" of the many strengths Ayane possesses. But forcing the extra guess factor on yourself is also questionable with a character that is very good at avoiding it.

"Everything" I saw in this video is not new to me at all. I don't think anyone realizes just how much time I've put into this character in DOA5, lol. Extending stun after a hit confirmed 4K is questionable.

What I have listed in this thread are the most optimal choices. I've never said you cannot mix up anything for damage, to anyone. I simply relay what this character can do and what are the best ways to gain damage consistently. Stagger escape defeats majority of this video's combo viability, just throwing that out there.

EDIT: Okay I've watched some of your matches and Snipes. Both of you are decent, but you both take too many risks just to get damage and you dive into the random factor too often. Ayane doesn't even have to do that. And 3H+K is superior to 4H+K as a range tool in every way. If 4H+K gets blocked, you are getting punished. There is no lose lose situation for 3H+K whether it hits or if it's blocked.

Play it smart instead of trying to play for flash.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD