DOA5LR Ayane Combo Discussion

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yes, both 6P and 6K are 13 frames but do not have the same properties. Even if the stun from 6K isn't SE'd, you should want to keep your follow ups simple as possible so that you do not risk the chance of being held from such a little stun. You don't have to keep it simple, but it would be best if players did.

Trying to work the stun threshold from all or most attacks on stun is not always the best thing to opt for. And in Ayane's case, isn't that necessary to begin with. Also, players should always keep in mind that mixing in throws upclose after stuns is a definite option as well. Especially since Ayane can deal even more damage from 64F+P than before.

This girl is dangerous lol.

OSTCarmine

I have been playing DOA for quite a while now, I have played 1, 2, 4 and now 5. To be perfectly honest, im still pretty damn noob when it comes to the in-depth technical stuff. I am good at fighting games overall, but I still need a lot of improvement in DOA5. That is why im dedicating so much effort into Ayane and this thread. So thank you for this thread, and sorry if this sounds a bit mushy lmao.
Now back to bussiness!
Do you think we could add situational setups to the combo list as well, when you do add new combos. Maybe list preferred moves in given situations, or preferred situation in which to use certain moves.

as an example
4P+K
Does it crush? if so, which height?
best range to use it from? best situation? when not to use it?
Followups from NH, CH and HCH?

I have tested followups to this from NH, CH and HCH against Bayman
NH - BTPP4PP8K 56 dmg
CH&HCH - BTPP6KK4 7K

I would like to make this thread as helpful as I can, and am willing to help you any way I can

OSTCarmine

Trying to work the stun threshold from all or most attacks on stun is not always the best thing to opt for. And in Ayane's case, isn't that necessary to begin with. Also, players should always keep in mind that mixing in throws upclose after stuns is a definite option as well. Especially since Ayane can deal even more damage from 64F+P than before.

This girl is dangerous lol.

How vulnerable to 64F+P would you be if you SE'd a move like 6K? I would assume anyone SE'ing would opt to Block out of the SE, but does SE not give "auto" Fuzzy?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
How vulnerable to 64F+P would you be if you SE'd a move like 6K? I would assume anyone SE'ing would opt to Block out of the SE, but does SE not give "auto" Fuzzy?

Anyone can contribute to this thread, that is why I made it. It's a thread for "discussion". But we must contribute anything that is viable rather than just throwing together combos with flaws (not directing this at you, just speaking in general).

Combo setups outside of BnBs are definitely up for discussion, and can be added to our list within time. I won't be adding everything together all in one night, mind you. Things will be up over time, and you are more than welcome to help if you wish.

As for your question regarding 64F+P; this move (and any other throw) can be mixed in at any time "when your opponent holds high or mid or when you anticipate they will hold high or mid". As for 6K, how often will you ever see anyone slow escape this attack when they know that it has a low follow up? Unless they realize that you are not using 2K often, maybe they will, but if this is being slow escaped then that just means you can proceed with 6K2K as normal.

But honestly, if someone is hit with 6K or blocks, the first thing they are thinking of is that low follow up. If they are hit, they hold low in an attempt to hold 6K2K. If it's blocked, they will look for the low follow up to punish you. I never said that you can opt for 64F+P after 6K though, I was only saying that you can opt to mix in throws at anytime instead of mixing in attacks whenever opponents attempt to hold something.

OSTCarmine

But honestly, if someone is hit with 6K or blocks, the first thing they are thinking of is that low follow up. If they are hit, they hold low in an attempt to hold 6K2K. If it's blocked, they will look for the low follow up to punish you. I never said that you can opt for 64F+P after 6K though, I was only saying that you can opt to mix in throws at anytime instead of mixing in attacks whenever opponents attempt to hold something.
in this case my previous combo should be somewhat viable, at least assuming my opponent has not been SE'ing too much prior to the 6K hitting. If they have then 6KK is the go-to

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
That combo doesnt even work. I've been playing DOA5 for the past two hours now testing stuff out. CH 6P, BT 6K, 66KK4, BT7K doesn't hit at all. The 66KK ruins whatever stun the opponent was in for anything else to confirm.

I'm going to edit the OP in a few minutes with more stuff, just sorting things out in Word before doing so.

OSTCarmine

That combo doesnt even work. I've been playing DOA5 for the past two hours now testing stuff out. CH 6P, BT 6K, 66KK4, BT7K doesn't hit at all. The 66KK ruins whatever stun the opponent was in for anything else to confirm.

I'm going to edit the OP in a few minutes with more stuff, just sorting things out in Word before doing so.
it does not work on HCH, works on NH and CH
6K 6P BT6K 66KK4 7K. that is exactly how i do it and it works unless the opponent SE's the 6K. I have tested it on a standing Dummy, a lv6 Dummy and in-game. Unless it is SE'd it works. perhaps you and I are getting our combos mixed up, or maybe I made a mistake in the post where I 1st mention this. If so, sorry.

edit - ok i see where the mix up is. in the post where i 1st mention this i only list 6P 6K 66KK4 7K. this is because I meant it as a followup to 6K. that is why I quoted the section of your post where you list 6K as a starter. hope it is cleared up now :3

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
No, you're right, I made a mistake lol. My apologies. Well in anycase, it will be added to the list momentarily. Doing some editing.

OSTCarmine

as it turns out you can replace the finish of that combo, the 7K, with 4P.K even on heavy enemies in both NH and CH

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Updated the OP with 3 additional combos. Anyone want to help findi the damage output on them? I didn't have time for that, gotta get ready to go to a Yugioh tournament.

OSTCarmine

Updated the OP with 3 additional combos. Anyone want to help findi the damage output on them? I didn't have time for that, gotta get ready to go to a Yugioh tournament.
the more i learn the more i like this guy lol. what do you run? please dont say sams...
also i will test those combos and give feedback soon

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
the more i learn the more i like this guy lol. what do you run? please dont say sams...
also i will test those combos and give feedback soon

Guilty as charged, lol. It's one of my favorite archetypes. Another deck I'm looking into putting together though is Harpie-Rabbits. You play YGO?

OSTCarmine

Guilty as charged, lol. It's one of my favorite archetypes. Another deck I'm looking into putting together though is Harpie-Rabbits. You play YGO?
only online, there is no real ygo scene in my country (south africa). I run mostly anti-meta stuff, some frogs and shooting quasar. i mostly prefer synchro over xyz, but the metagame looks down on xyz dissenters like me lol. my quasar deck is killer if i get it off in 3 turns, after that im pretty much dead in the water.

XDest

If "recovery: on" is to be trusted:

Forced Tech:
CH 4P -> PP2PK
CH 6P -> 1PK
CH 4K -> 6P -> 1PK

Each of these puts you in range to do 3P, 8F+P, or 66KK4. 4P will probably be the most useful, since it's common to CH, and you don't lose much damage (65 vs 57).

That gravity change is something alright.

OSTCarmine

If "recovery: on" is to be trusted:

Forced Tech:
CH 4P -> PP2PK
CH 6P -> 1PK
CH 4K -> 6P -> 1PK

Each of these puts you in range to do 3P, 8F+P, or 66KK4. 4P will probably be the most useful, since it's common to CH, and you don't lose much damage (65 vs 57).

That gravity change is something alright.
good stuff. im definitely gonna use the 1st one listed. the forced tech i had been using needed precise input, so its nice to have one that runs on auto lol

on a somewhat less related note - if I mained Ayane who would be a good sub for bad matchups? who could pick up her slack? (not that i know of any lol)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
The entire duration I played DOA4, I never used a sub character to replace Ayane in certain match ups, ever. I don't believe Xdest ever did either. It's better if you can understand everything and can handle everything with your main character over choosing a sub to be better suited, imo anyway.

bingsoo

DOA doesn't seem like the type of game where secondaries are purposed necessarily for bad matchups. That's more for games with zoning and whatnot. That's just my opinion. I'll be playing Ayane only for as long as I'm playing this game.

XDest

In my opinion tools in DOA are so universal that you almost always have answers for things. So matchups aren't actually that lopsided.

If you want to see lopsided matchups, go watch a BB:CT Tager vs Nu match, or a P4A Kanji vs Elizabeth match. DOA5 has nothing close to that bad.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD