DOA5LR Ayane Combo Discussion

dawnbringer

After 64H+P throw 236K follow-up is guaranteed for 64 damage with close hit from back (160%). Works against everyone. (Not sure if this was mentioned before, bringing this up only because it does comparable damage to what's listed in the first post.)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
64H+P > 4P+K > BT4P > BTPP6P2K (BTPP2PK on light weights and 64H+P > 4P > BTPP6P2K on heavy weights) is guaranteed force tech. I'd never advise anyone to use 64H+P > 236K.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
What seems more advantageous? A juggle with good damage ending in force tech with solid followups? Or just decent damage?

64H+P > 236K isn't new to anyone, it just wasn't relevant enough to be mentioned as it offers nothing aside from decent damage and a wall slam (that other combos already do).

dawnbringer

What seems more advantageous? A juggle with good damage ending in force tech with solid followups? Or just decent damage?

It depends on damage and situation. There may be walls, breakable objects, a cliff, a danger zone. Opponent may have the last sliver of life.

The answer for your questions is clear. I asked if there any reason other than that.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
UPDATE: Added the 64H and 64H+P force tech juggles under "64H or 64H+P". Will fill in the damage calculations later.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yo Xdest. I get what you mean now. About the 3H+K. It also guarantees a launcher.

TheLoneMortal

I need to rebuilt my Ayane skills again. :6::4::F::+::P:, :4::P::+::K:, :P::P::6::K::K::K: these are just basic combos.
That combo is already known with the exception of that K at the end. It's overall better to do PP6KK4, 7K as you get more damage and it's universal. Landing the last K in the combo you posted requires a good launch height(can't land on heavy weights unless your using a slope probably) and does less damage.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
What TheLoneMortal said, plus there is a large variety of combos listed in the OP of this thread if you need other combos to pick up.

dawnbringer

A little note about following combos off 64H+P from the topic:

4P+K, 6P, 66KK4, BT7K - NH = 67/CH = 81/HCH = 97 (Your go to BnB on Light and Mid weights)
4P+K, BTPP6KK4, BT7K - NH = 62/CH = 74/HCH = 88 (Universal, but is your BnB on Heavy weights)
4P+K, BT4P, BTPP4PP7K - NH = 60/CH = 72/HCH = 86 *Optimal*

Since 64H+P > 4P+K is a unblockable reset, and not a combo in usual sense, CH and HCH are only possible if opponent attempts something during the reset.

lripthejackerl

Ok I need some help. I main Ayane. I have a pretty solid Ayane but from time to time I try to pick up other people's combos that I see online. There is one setup in particular that I am trying to learn and I can't pull it off to save my life LOL.

I have seen a lot of people end their combos with the 66KK>66HK or 66KK>7K. I'm assuming the last 66K(K) is supposed to go into her BT stance (back turned) but every time I do it her back isn't turning around and I'm just left standing there with my thumb up my butt.

Anyone know what I am missing?

lripthejackerl

Nevermind I found it. Watched the video on page 7. And to think this whole time all I was missing was 44>7K.
Now if I could figure out how to pull off the 66KK>66HK. :mad:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
The input that you're looking for is 66KK(4). Inputting 4 after 66KK is what puts Ayane back turned, and is the very reason why this string and BTPP6KK4 are very useful and safe on block.

66KK4 and BTPP6KK4 are +1 on block, and cannot be held or side stepped IF the first mid kick of 66KK4 is blocked on impact.

Example combos:

BT4K, BT6P, 66KK4, BT7K.

Oh heavy weights; BT4K, BTPP6KK4, BT7K.

I believe this is the answer you are seeking.

If you wish to know of anymore combos that use 66KK4, BT7K or BT6KK4, BT7K. They are listed within the OP of this Combo Discussion thread.

As for combos ending with 66H+K. You do the same thing with 66KK4, only except you do 66KK4 > 66H+K. Same applies for BTPP6KK4.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD