DOA5LR Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

og23

Awesome, thanks man, another question, what exactly does the character have in terms of unholdable setups? I would assume most of them at the wall, alternatively, you could just "teach me how to fish" and point me to where I can learn about unholdables, I'm assuming they work like meaties in VF where you just hit them on the first frame of your tech roll, but I want to be sure

og23

Thanks again, I'm sure myself and the other members of the Ayane army would look forward to seeing some of the setups in that document, if only for reference, hope you feel like sharing if you ever dig it up

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Shit, looks like I'm missing a couple of documents back from when I started taking notes in DOA5U. My unholdables and space control documents aren't on this PC or external HDD. I thought saved everything from my older laptop but it looks like I slipped up. :(

Here are some unholdables I can jot down from the top of my head, since its what I use;

Each of these are after the assumption of getting the knockdown/tech roll from the first move in each set up;

Midscreen Ground Knockdowns

- 6K2K (+17) = 66K (66KK4), 4K and H+K as unholdable (Universal)

- 6P3[4] (+18) = 66 (BT Dash) BT6K as unholdable (Universal)

- 9K (+20) = 3H+K as unholdable (Universal)

- CH (or Critical stun) 5K6K (+13) = 2P as unholdable if they neutral techroll or techroll to the side (Universal)

- BT4P+KP knockdown in threshold (+21) = 3H+K as unholdable (sometimes inconsistent)

- 6P3[4] (+19) = BT2K as unholdable (slight delay before doing BT2K) (Universal)

- PK or BT H+K = BT3K or BT3P as unholdable (mid/low mixup) (Universal)

Full Wall Knockdowns

From PP6PK or BT PP4PPP wall combos;

Side step P+K > BT3K or BT3P are unholdable (light weight only)

236H+KH > 66K (66KK4) or 4K are unholdable (light and middle weight class only)

Omegan Eckhart

I'm trying pick Ayane up as a sub so any feedback from the Ayane forums? I'm definitely having issues with mix up. I've mained Helena since DOA2 on the Dreamcast so I'm a bit too hardwired into her play style. Cause of that my subs are always kind of shit.

Thanks in advance :)

rubylightning

Hi i am serious about getting good with Ayane, and am studying the frame data here as much as I can between other areas of study, but am a little confused with what the numbers typify here? if something says 8KK? What exactly does that mean? I am assuming K/P/G are abbreviations for Kick Punch and Grab. But not sure about the numbers, because 8 seems like a high quantity of kicks for a character that doesn't even have a kicking string that long. Please help me understand this because I want to utilize this Data!

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Hi i am serious about getting good with Ayane, and am studying the frame data here as much as I can between other areas of study, but am a little confused with what the numbers typify here? if something says 8KK? What exactly does that mean? I am assuming K/P/G are abbreviations for Kick Punch and Grab. But not sure about the numbers, because 8 seems like a high quantity of kicks for a character that doesn't even have a kicking string that long. Please help me understand this because I want to utilize this Data!
The numbers represent directions on the control pad / stick. 8, for example, refers to pressing Up. So for future reference,

7_8_9

4_5_6

1_2_3

NOTE: 5 is not represented as a direction, as it's the neutral position on the control pad/stick.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Uh, is anyone getting a weird glitch with Ayane where she can't escape any combo throws/counter? It only happens with her, or am I pressing X at the wrong time? It's when the green text pops up, right? Can you even escape counter combos?
oh wow it doesn't sound like I've been playing DOA for like 12 years at all...

Bacaww

- Ayane's BT PPPP is classified as unsafe at -8 but at tip range the frames can be manipulated to -7 making the move safe

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD