Bass Top 10 Move List

indieanimator

I've been jotting down top 10 move lists & 1 combo into CB to PB on a post-it for many of the characters I enjoy playing so I have some idea of what to use. My main has changed again, but I'd like to keep Bass as a sub since I favor "big guys" of the 2D FGs.

I'll start w/:1::P:. It can be followed by a 2nd, then :2:T on (I'm on PS3, so I don't get what F is), then... not sure?
I read in the 1P topic :624:T or TFFB can be used after. Is TFFB :2_::6::4:T?

So, 9 more moves? Thanks for any tips. Didn't play vanilla, and have been playing this 5 months.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
A lot of what you're looking for can be found in the first two posts of the General Discussion thread.

:F: was the predecessor and successor to :h: in previous DOAs.

DOA1 used :h:, :P:, :K: buttons, and guarding was used by pressing :4_: or :1_:.
DOA2 the :h: was changed to :F: which stood for "Free" button. You had to hold this button down in order to step into the background or foreground. Hence its term "Free Step". It was also turned into a guard button in later revisions.
DOAD the :h: returned to replace :F: but has the same functionality as :F: did in DOA4.

Throw is just a macro. It's always been GUARD + PUNCH as the game is a three button game. so doing :H+P: or :F+P: denotes "throw" on this forum.

indieanimator

A lot of what you're looking for can be found in the first two posts of the General Discussion thread.

:F: was the predecessor and successor to :h: in previous DOAs.

DOA1 used :h:, :P:, :K: buttons, and guarding was used by pressing :4_: or :1_:.
DOA2 the :h: was changed to :F: which stood for "Free" button. You had to hold this button down in order to step into the background or foreground. Hence its term "Free Step". It was also turned into a guard button in later revisions.
DOAD the :h: returned to replace :F: but has the same functionality as :F: did in DOA4.

Throw is just a macro. It's always been GUARD + PUNCH as the game is a three button game. so doing :H+P: or :F+P: denotes "throw" on this forum.

Yeah, I played DOA 1-4 (due to almost no X-Box, I played little of the one that was exclusive), but it has been a many years since the F button, so thanks for the refresher. I'll look into the topic you mentioned for tips. Thanks!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD