DOA5U Best Mila Strategies and Combos (Patch ver. 1.04)

rximmortal

Hi there again. What you are gonna read next will not be just a normal guide for combos and frames. I will go more deep and talk about how to adapt and what to observe in the fight which will help you not only in Doa5u but in any other fighting game. So lets begin :)

1st MAIN RULE - Always stick to your gameplan and never allow your oponent to take the lead. This follows to the following contest: Aggressive or Defensive way of play? DOA5U is just an offensive game , which automatically put the defensive play on less viable place than aggressive one. That dosnt mean , that you doesnt need to press the Block button of course.

How to keep an aggressive play and survive the same way.
Being aggresive is connecting with the knowledge of the FRAME DATA. Now when i describe combos and situations at end of each combo i will talk about frames , so you can easily understand the situation,

Combos & Loops:
To keep an aggresive way of play this means you need to COMBO LOOP your oponent until he Hold correctly or Die. From now on i shall talk only about the "viables combos" which Mila can do (with the lowest chance to be holded)/
Legend: CH = Counter hit (6P - the most famous one) or Critical HIT (normal hit , not counter , which stuns for long enough to start combo - 6P+K , 4P and others.

- CH , 3PP , P+K (Safe vs non pro player) , 3PP , PK , 2T (Loop)
- CH , 3PP , 3PH (Safe) , 3PP , 2P , 2T (Loop)

So i shall talk much about these two combo and why they are so good.
- 3PP is your best combo starter move after CH, because: 1. if it connects you can continue the combo safely after that: 2. when you make a Counter hit, this means that your oponent was trying to attack you and he will need time as a player to switch from ofensive to defensive play in which time you can executre 3PP.
-P+K is 18 frames hit , 3PP gives you 18 frames of stun which cant be holded, which means that P+K is unholdable move.(if your oponent spam the stick and hold button he will reduce that stun effect and he will be able to block it but he need to be really good to do this :) ) After P+K you oponent is in a bounce state where he cant do anything your combo to end.
-3PH is 15 frames and it is safe launcher. You press Hold button after 3p Because the combo continoues with another 3PP and if you dont press H you can miss the timing.
Now comes the most important part of the combo:
-PK - This move allows you to make a 2T (Loop). To be totaly safe after you finish your combo your oponent needs to be on ground for 14 or 15 frames. The difference in 15 frames and 16frames and more is that after you execture 2T to try a ground throw , if your oponent was in 15 or less frames on the ground and make a techroll you shall miss with the grab but you shall stay with advantage frames which shall allows you to continue your attack. If he is with 16 frames or more than your 2T attack will go deeper and miss again which will results in you disadvantage. So the loop is that you try to grab him on the ground and if he was spamming any buttons he will techroll but still be in disadvantage ( Which is the idea of aggresive play). If he do nothing u shall grab him and punch him 3 times in the face.
-2P - is the same finisher as PK but he is just used in other variation of combos.

The best moves to continue the loop if the oponent tech rolled are -> 4KT , 2P , PPK , 4PP

So now you can understand the main idea of the aggresive play. You are doing a LOOP combos. until your oponent reach a critical life state ( which in some times is his half hp , yes MILA does insane amount of damage) and finish him off with non-loop combo , but damage one.
The combos upper was to explain the loop. Now i shall share all combos which u must keep in mind during a game:

Loop Combos

- CH (Critical hit) , 3PP , P+K (Safe vs non pro player) , 3PP , PK , 2T (Loop)

- CH (Counter hit) , 3PP , P+K (Safe vs non pro player) ,6PH, 3PP , 2P , 2T (Loop)

- CH , 7K (fully charged) , Dash forward and 6P+K (safe if 7K was on critical hit) , 8K , P6PP , 3PP , 2P , 2T (Loop)

- CH , 7K (Normal) , KP , 3PP , PK , 2T (Loop)

Finishing Combos

- CH , 3PP , P+K (Safe vs non pro player) , 3PP , P6P6P

- CH , 3PP , P+K (Safe vs non pro player) , P6PP , P6P6P

- After Burst - 8K , P6PP , P+K , 2T , 3 Punches.

- After Burst - 8K , P6PP , P6P6P.

Something very important if you make finishing combo near wall and your oponent is smashed directly to the wall you start observing. The moment his head touch the floor you press 2T. If you didi it correctly you shall go in 2T (Loop) status. If your oponent techroll it you go with 6PP or PK and smash him in wall again ( in most of the sitautions) which follows to 2T (Loop) again.
If he is smashed in the wall in an angle , just do double dash and 2T (Loop) is available again.

What to do in which situation.

At the start of the round

Your best starting moves are:
6P , 2P, PPK , 1P+K

While you are on offense

Most important thing is to observe your oponents play style.
When u are on offense you must see if he try counter holds a lot or if he just keeping block.
-If he make more holds you counter them with 6T , 214T or just with Full charged 7K.
-If he just keeps blocking you go for PP1KP or 2P, 4KT

When your oponents attack ends and is your turn, your best moves are these:
-PPK than 214T
-6P
2P , than u go with 4KT or PPK or 6P.

Something important. Try to finish combos with a move which left you with +11 frame advantage. This way if you do 214T . The only way for your oponent to escape it is to be crouched or to start mashing buttons. If he mash too much you just change 214T with normal 6P or 2KT.
Moves that left your oponent on +11 frames are: K , PK , PPK , 6PK , 6K

While you are on defense.

Best thing is just to keep blocking and try to defend all of your oponents attack than go in offense.
You must again observe your oponents way of play and try to counter it.

If he hit u with a low hit you can start spamming 3H+K which is a 50/50 situation but even if u get hit your oponents offense is ended with this hit.

A very usefull trick in defensing is to not hold block but just holding 7 which will allow you to move freely backward and create distance between you and your oponent which is very crucial part of the game.

Other usefull trick, but it is a pretty situational one. While u are keeping block (better wait for the end of your oponent's combo because in most of the cases it is a non-tracking move) , You start spamming just UP "8". This way you shall side step in the first possible frame during your oponents hitting string. So now you can counter him with side step P. Other good trick is to spam 3H+K.

While Your oponent is on the ground.

This is a very important part of the game because actually here you can control the situation pretty much.
Most of the players just create distance so they can be safe of rising mid kick or low kick. This for me is not the best option because you just lose the lead which is pointless.Why to lose something when you have already achieve it?
So what i do in situation like this. There are exactly 2 ways that your oponent can get up: 1. by hitting and 2nd by doing nothing (blocking).
So you MUST do this. You start just moving forward to him and the moment he start getting up.
You do one of these things:
- Try to guess correctly with hold ( if you did this in the moment when he starts getting up) , your last frames of holding will success and if you guess wrong u will be stunned for 6 frames which is actually not so dangerous. If he do not hit you will be able to block his attack.
- If you think or you always ovserve that your oponent do not use wake up kicks than you just go double dash Takedown while he is getting up. If you again guess wrong and he actually attack with wakeup hit you will be stunned again for 6 frames which is safe.
The total idea is that this way you start to determine your oponents wake ups and they are not his choices anymore. This way you can start guessing more correctly and in many situations you can just win by putting your oponent 1 time down.

While you are on the ground

If your oponent has no ground graps , than you can wait before u stand up and see if he will go in distance or not. Always stand with move and hit or just move. This way you deley the hit and break any learn by hearth situations.

I think these are pretty much most of the viable things. Remmember to always observe your oponents reactions , playstyle and decisions and counter them.

Last edited:

Gurimmjaw

Great write up! Just uncertain on two things here.

1. "- CH , 3PP , P+K (Safe vs non pro player) , 3PP , PK , 2T (Loop)" Don't you you mean 6t here and not 2t?
2. "P+K (Safe vs non pro player)" If the player knows that it unsafe it will be unsafe whether vs pro player or non pro player.

Great write up nonetheless. Just started to get back to using her. What would you recommend to do against people who space a lot? What do you get in with? I guess that would be 9P.

Last edited:

rximmortal

Great write up! Just uncertain on two things here.

1. "- CH , 3PP , P+K (Safe vs non pro player) , 3PP , PK , 2T (Loop)" Don't you you mean 6t here and not 2t?
2. "P+K (Safe vs non pro player)" If the player knows that it unsafe it will be unsafe whether vs pro player or non pro player.

Great write up nonetheless. Just started to get back to using her. What would you recommend to do against people who space a lot? What do you get in with? I guess that would be 9P.

1. it is 2T. your oponent is in the air before u hit him with PK.
2. Let we just said that on 100 times using this combo i got blocked 1. Than u can just switch the combo to the one with 3PH. The difference between the two combos is 15 dmg , which is not so little actually.

If your oponent keep distance your safest way to deal with it is this:
- when he start attacking you go backward 4H+K or 6 P+K.
- if he is not atatcking just close the distance by moving forward and attack with dash 2P than you are on +1 frame advantage which means u can attack safely with PP1KP or 6P or 4KT

Last edited:

Gurimmjaw

Thanks! Will keep that in mind. I also been using 66k and 66p against people who keep distance or to use to get off me.

Any force techs?

rximmortal

Thanks! Will keep that in mind. I also been using 66k and 66p against people who keep distance or to use to get off me.

Any force techs?

She has no more good force techs. The only 100% force techs she has now deal too little damage.
The idea of the force tech is to put you in loop. But you have that loop with the first combos i describe upper. So it works the same way.

The pseudo (non 100%) force tech in which you have advantage are good too , but they do less dmg than the looping combo upper and have the same effect.

Jefffcore

Erm.

Lowest combo height: 3pp, 3h+k. If teched, you're neutral on mid, +1 on light. If not teched, you're at +20 somethin'.

As you get higher: p2pp, 3pp, 3h+k. If it's teched you get around +2 on mids, and +3 on lights.

For her super launch I've been doing 33p+k, 33p+k(full charge), then copy the above. (The timing on lights is awkward). Because of how it works I've only been able to get +1 from both light and mids, so it might be more beneficial to do the p+k. BUT, at any point you can just remove the last punch from p2pp. You won't need any timing, and you'll get more advantage from the 3h+k setup (you're sacrificing 9 damage for +2). This has to be done in heavies.

Obviously you can sub p+k for 3pp in most situations and get the ground slam for the guaranteed ground throw.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD