Best moves to use after pseudo-forced tech on open space

TRI Mike

One of the things that makes it difficult for me to keep an offensive with Helena is the fact that after a forced-tech, I have to dash in (which negates the frame advantage she's supposed to have). But in tournament play I see people ignoring this by using several moves. Since I have the problems and tournament-goers don't, it's clear I'm the one doing something wrong.

So, what are the best moves to use with Hele after she forces her opponent up¿ I usually go with 9P, 2H+K, 2KK, 8PP or a throw if they decide to block. What do you fellow Hele players recommend¿

BlackDiamond890

I really wish she had one more directional BKO input, like Christie has. Helena has :2: :P+K: and :1: :P+K:, :2: goes straight down in place, and :1: steps back a little bit. I really wish they added a :3: :P+K: step forward BKO transition, which would eliminate the need to dash in like that period.

BKO :2: K / SS :K: - has plenty of reach, and eliminates people trying to either sidestep or out poke (lol) her options.

BKO :6: :K: stuns people expecting the low, launches people trying to out speed her, and has a low stunning follow up if it is blocked, however be mindful of it being blocked afterwards.

Going into BKO right after pseudo-teching someone just further adds to the mindgames, and gives you more immediate access to BKO throw if they choose to counter or block.

BKO :P+K: occasionally works for me and has good range. Unlike the neutral version, BKO :4: (:P+K:) has the best range after she forces her opponent up when you don't want to dash in, but it's a bit risky though. In your case, I would just use :6::6::K::P: BT:4: :K: because it's fast, hits low and can interrupted up comming strikes.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD