Brad Cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do me a favor, go to the lab and do 236P on block it will be -8 of frame advantage. Then I want you to back away and do the running version of it. it will be -5. It is not punishable on block. Only the 236 version is punishable. You're just really adamant on trying to prove me wrong on FACTS.
actually if your opponent has a tracking low kick where they duck then there's not even a guessing game. so running P on block isnt bad at all calm down.

HiguraShiki

do me a favor, go to the lab and do 236P on block it will be -8 of frame advantage. Then I want you to back away and do the running version of it. it will be -5. It is not punishable on block. Only the 236 version is punishable. You're just really adamant on trying to prove me wrong on FACTS.
I already know this. And it makes sense that brad has it because it's less startup frames. Essentially every other string brad does leaves him at a disadvantage except for his transitions into stances. Taking away these advantages will make him a completely useless character.

TakedaZX

I already know this. And it makes sense that brad has it because it's less startup frames. Essentially every other string brad does leaves him at a disadvantage except for his transitions into stances. Taking away these advantages will make him a completely useless character.
Heh. You do know that everything Hayate does leaves him at disadvantage as well right, yet he gets no mid crushes or offensive holds... what makes brad so deserving of it. His damage is the same if not better than Hayate's... am I missing something?

HiguraShiki

Heh. You do know that everything Hayate does leaves him at disadvantage as well right, yet he gets no mid crushes or offensive holds... what makes brad so deserving of it. His damage is the same if not better than Hayate's... am I missing something?
SEE! This is what I'm trying to say! You are getting upset at me for the wrong reasons. The only reason you are even saying brad is cheap is because he has tools that your character does not have. You are only focused on a few great advantages that he has and completely forgetting the fact that without those advantages he is weak. Hayate is bad, OK I think everyone understands that point. That doesn't mean that all these other characters have to be affected just because of ONE character.

if hayate is soooooooo weak(which im not to sure about but whatever) then im sure brad isnt the only character giving him problems...so why complain about just brad?im pretty sure you are just salty...

TakedaZX

if hayate is soooooooo weak(which im not to sure about but whatever) then im sure brad isnt the only character giving him problems...so why complain about just brad?im pretty sure you are just salty...
Never said he was the only but I mean is this topic not about Brad. You might want to step off if you're "not sure" about what you're talking about.

TakedaZX

You started talking about Hayate.
Look man, lbsh. I'm right, you're wrong. I know what your next thought is, "no I'm right you're lying". NanhouDrops has proven that 3H+K can be completely crushed by certain moves that go into laydown stance for Brad.

You're hopeless to talk to though, I'm not going to sit here trying to prove to you anything else because as long as I know and I've got a witness I'm fine. Luck bro. Winter Brawl.

HiguraShiki

Look man, lbsh. I'm right, you're wrong. I know what your next thought is, "no I'm right you're lying". NanhouDrops has proven that 3H+K can be completely crushed by certain moves that go into laydown stance for Brad.

You're hopeless to talk to though, I'm not going to sit here trying to prove to you anything else because as long as I know and I've got a witness I'm fine. Luck bro. Winter Brawl.
And now you changed the topic again.

Never said he was the only but I mean is this topic not about Brad. You might want to step off if you're "not sure" about what you're talking about.
well you said "what makes brad so deserving of it." this makes it seem you are only crying and complaining about brad...i mean you keep bitching about brad crushing mids with timing but look at helena you can spam her BKO duck and easy duck any mid so.yeah this to[pic is about brad but instead of saying "what makes brad so deserving of it." why not say "what makes certain characters so deserving of it." but honestly even if you did i would still believe you are salty you give off that "im not a good player so ima moan about my character being shit tier (which isnt true)" vybe

TakedaZX

And now you changed the topic again.
There's no subject change. The subject is brad cheap, and the OP talks about my argument against Brad being able to crush a true mid... Now I have proof of it happening again and a witness. It's cheap, breaks the idea of the game completely.

inb4 "well he's falling back", ask Nanhou, I was completely up against him and the legs sifted right through him. Wouldn't be surprised about the low sweep missing the same way.
well you said "what makes brad so deserving of it." this makes it seem you are only crying and complaining about brad...i mean you keep bitching about brad crushing mids with timing but look at helena you can spam her BKO duck and easy duck any mid so.yeah this to[pic is about brad but instead of saying "what makes brad so deserving of it." why not say "what makes certain characters so deserving of it." but honestly even if you did i would still believe you are salty you give off that "im not a good player so ima moan about my character being shit tier (which isnt true)" vybe
Learn some respect before you speak boy. Helena's a whole different subject that isn't JUST about her BKO duck, but since you bring it up, Helena is bound to that choice of using the BKO duck and I assure you, her BKO duck has never beaten 3H+K because true mids WILL always hit the opponent unless they sidestep. Your argument doesn't apply. In Brad's case, the move completely goes through him which is why me and Nanhou were both saying "what the fuck" when it happened. My point with talking only about Brad is that dumb shit like that doesn't happen, except with Helena's BKO sweep which has been argued to completely go through all lows but I haven't seen a topic about it so I haven't payed much attention to it or looked into it.

You wanna talk about my character? My character has been bottom mid tier terrible since before the release of the game and I assure you since his whole style is built around him fighting at disadvantage on every move blocked and minor advantage on his guard breaks for +1, that mind you are slow as hell. At least with Brad he's in some sort of evasive position 70% of the time. Half of the time Hayate's moves are so unsafe that It doesn't matter if I sidestep, or try to crush because it takes to many frames to get away, and that's assuming the person goes for the attack punish and not the throw punishment that's always available. Even still that's not a problem until you add the variable of mid crushing madness with Brad. Show me where Hayate, or Zack, or even Ryu... You call it crying but it's a legitment argument no matter what way you look at it.

I assure you, you have no means to speak on my character and barely enough means to speak on brad or this subject in general so please take your leave before you try and bring this back up again. It was an example in the first place, don't try to play that against me.

There's no subject change. The subject is brad cheap, and the OP talks about my argument against Brad being able to crush a true mid... Now I have proof of it happening again and a witness. It's cheap, breaks the idea of the game completely.

inb4 "well he's falling back", ask Nanhou, I was completely up against him and the legs sifted right through him. Wouldn't be surprised about the low sweep missing the same way.
Learn some respect before you speak boy. Helena's a whole different subject that isn't JUST about her BKO duck, but since you bring it up, Helena is bound to that choice of using the BKO duck and I assure you, her BKO duck has never beaten 3H+K because true mids WILL always hit the opponent unless they sidestep. Your argument doesn't apply. In Brad's case, the move completely goes through him which is why me and Nanhou were both saying "what the fuck" when it happened. My point with talking only about Brad is that dumb shit like that doesn't happen, except with Helena's BKO sweep which has been argued to completely go through all lows but I haven't seen a topic about it so I haven't payed much attention to it or looked into it.

You wanna talk about my character? My character has been bottom mid tier terrible since before the release of the game and I assure you since his whole style is built around him fighting at disadvantage on every move blocked and minor advantage on his guard breaks for +1, that mind you are slow as hell. At least with Brad he's in some sort of evasive position 70% of the time. Half of the time Hayate's moves are so unsafe that It doesn't matter if I sidestep, or try to crush because it takes to many frames to get away, and that's assuming the person goes for the attack punish and not the throw punishment that's always available. Even still that's not a problem until you add the variable of mid crushing madness with Brad. Show me where Hayate, or Zack, or even Ryu... You call it crying but it's a legitment argument no matter what way you look at it.

I assure you, you have no means to speak on my character and barely enough means to speak on brad or this subject in general so please take your leave before you try and bring this back up again. It was an example in the first place, don't try to play that against me.
lmao whatever man i dont care about one thing you just said because i KNOW you are just salty.step in the lab and get better bitch boy. if you are sooooo upset or if hayate is sooooo bad drop him and stop bitching but honestly he probably isnt that bad you are just complaining because YOU...CANT...WIN....i would go back into this whole 3H+K thing but you obviously dont understand scrub.

also i just found out like brads laying stance helena's BKO duck crushses the first kick from hayate's 3H+K i dont even think you tested it fool

HiguraShiki

Even IF I was able to crush both the kicks somehow, the sweep will never be crushed. I don't even think the kick is fast enough to stop the sweep. And honestly I do not know what move you are talking about because everytime I enter the stance and test characters like Hitomi's true mids, I can never crush it.
Since I find it hard to believe, why don't you show a video of it beating both mid kick crushes and the low sweep.

Tones

Premium Donor
Brad Wong mid and long distance game is pretty good, but thats about it. Mainly due to his hitbox and hurt box

The middle-end frames of anything that ends LHT including 3P+k will crush all highs and non-true mids
They are the same move other than the start up frames. -3 on block if you use max range.

Tones

Premium Donor
That's far from off topic.

True mid does everything a mid is supposed to and can't be crushed.

High-mids/untrue/non-true mids can be crushed.

shunwong

That's far from off topic.

True mid does everything a mid is supposed to and can't be crushed.

High-mids/untrue/non-true mids can be crushed.

Thanks for the info. It's really a pain when Brad and Helena (I don't remember if anyone else does) avoid some mids.

In the case of Helena It's even more enraging, because she has the force tech + stance that avoids some mids + bko duck that avoids even more. It's like she breaks all the basic rules in the game LOL.

Tones

Premium Donor
Yeah that's a pretty awesome tool she has, though she's not the only character that can do that.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I would clean up this thread, but cleaning up the mess of other people isn't my style.

So here is the lazy answer.

Lock.

P.S. Takeda how the hell did you go from "This happened. Maybe it was a glitch of some sort?" to "Fight me, bitch!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD