Brad's Opening Moves

Moritsuna

Hey, was wondering what moves were good to use as Brad at the beginning of the match? He's kinda slow and I have trouble against ninjas who run up to me and do their lightning quick attacks.

I try to do the 1KK since it's low but it get's countered sometimes as well.

Incognito

I usually end up doing 3P+K~K8. Works more than you would think. That's his head towards kick into handstand. Other times I switch him to BT with his 44P while the announcer is calling out the start of the match. Then I use his 2P+K on BT which can lead into numerous mix up options (That isn't always the most reliable of moves to start the match off with). Feel free to contact me at my GT if you'd like to get a few matches in. Always looking for new players to spar with.

Tones

Premium Donor
The time you can start moves is before the announcer speaks, so be ready or spam the input early on

LONG BEFORE MATCH (you have to be close in for both):

BT
2p+k 15 frames
instant high crush
next hit (k8) launches for a combo that does a decent 1/5 of health on normal.

LHT
8/2 to side step attacks
otherwise k8 for the same juggle as above or frame advantage.
p+f for OH
4 to force whiff

RIGHT BEFORE MATCH STARTS (so you are falling as match start is announced):
LFT
Be about mid distance (just outside jabbing range)
force whiffs.

Takeda-sama

I like 3p+k (lay down head towards) k8 (hand stand) kkk T combo and as your first answer said it works more than you would expect. 1pp k also works or 1ppk, U can try 3p+k H+K if the opponent moves back a bit and work from there. If the opponent makes it a ranged game from the very start, just 4k for dokuritsu or 236p for Brads over used head butt, which if blocked can turn into k8 kkk T.

HoodsXx

I like 3p+k (lay down head towards) k8 (hand stand) kkk T combo and as your first answer said it works more than you would expect. 1pp k also works or 1ppk, U can try 3p+k H+K if the opponent moves back a bit and work from there. If the opponent makes it a ranged game from the very start, just 4k for dokuritsu or 236p for Brads over used head butt, which if blocked can turn into k8 kkk T.
236P is unsafe on block. Throw punish right there. 4K H+K can be free stepped and K followup is unsafe same with the PP follow up.

HoodsXx

I'd say 4P8P/K is one of his best openers as it catches everyone off guard. That or starting with SSP works really well too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD