DOA5U Break Your Character!

Zeo

Looking through some of my post history I noticed I had various posts in certain threads listing buffs/nerfs/changes I'd like to see to certain (mostly my) character, then I had an idea. This thread here is for you to use your imagination and perhaps live out your dream of how you'd want your character to truly be.

That being said, here you can post up changes to any character you like from making Leifang's PP +2 on hit to Making Jann Lee's Dragon Gunner +100 when it hits, go nuts or simply post up your ideal version of your character. It'll be interesting to see what people's dream versions of their character look like gameplay wise, then of course there's the people that will just turn their brain off with things like 300 Damage hi counter Izuna.

I'll post up my own ideas later, go crazy.

Brute

Standard Donor
Already kinda did this for Ryu, but whatever. I'll update it slightly for my version here.

:hayabusa: RYU HAYABUSA
Buffs
:4::P::2::P: / :P::P::4::P::2::P: Neutral on NH
:9::K: +15 sit-down stun on CH (also, fix the crush properties on this move FFS)
:2::H+K: / :1::P::2::K: Crushes mids again during certain frames like DOA4 and Momiji's version
:6::6::K: Returned to +6 on block
:7::P: No longer enters ongyoin stance unless 4 is held (DOA4 status)
:K::K: Returned to neutral on block
:236::P+K:/ONGYOIN :P+K::P::P::6::9::8::7::4::1::2::3::H+P: When done near ledge, Izunas off cliff. Ditto for the ceiling variants.

New Moves
:1::K::5::F+P: / :P::P::2::K::5::F+P: Hit throw that leads into his expert mid kick hold on NH (gimped damage)
:236::K: / :3::K::K: Returning move from DOA4. Nice gap-closing tool outside ongyoin
:2::H+K::K::K: / :2::H+K::K::P: Can transition into handstand again like in DOA4
:1::P::H+K: This can now transition into the handstand. Tired of being locked into the one string
:P::P::4::P::K: / :4::P::K: DOA5 vanilla version but only +2 GB on block
:3::H+K: DOA5 vanilla version. +2 GB on block.
ONGYOIN :9::P: Regular 9P can be done from ongyoin to avoid low pokes. Fix crush properties, though.

Cut moves
:3::3::K: / ONGYOIN :2::K: No one will miss this
:3::K::K: Replaced. See "New Moves"
:P::P::4::P::K: / :4::P::K: /:3::F+K: Replaced. See "New Moves"
ONGYOIN :8::F+P: Best on WUs, but he has plenty of other anti-WU tools. This is not needed
:4::4::P: With the added pressure of 4PK back in as an i15 mid track punch, I don't feel this is necessary
WR :H+K: 236K Will fill this role nicely. Doesn't feel necessary beyond the bound state.

Last edited:

Chapstick

For Kasumi, more teleports! Endless teleport chains! A hoshinpo teleport dash from hoshinpo KK for an endless series of 3P+KKK~6P+KKK~6P+KKK~6P+KKK~6P+KKK until the opponent is too close to the ground then just use the teleport attack P+K to force tech like you used to be able to do in 5 vanilla. Give her the ability to do that spinning teleport while just standing there to teleport right behind your opponent guaranteeing any of her moves that cause a high bounce or launch.

A double oboro combo throw for 130 damage! 33T :5: 33T

(More to come)

everyone else put a lot more work into theirs

Last edited:

Zeo

Time to have some fun...

:ein: Ein

Strike Buffs
:P: is +0 on block.
:P::P:(Charge):P: Is 27 frames for max charge and gives a +5 GB on block.
:6::P:+2 on block
:2::P: +2 on NH
:7::P: +15 GB on block
:4::6::P: +0 on block.
:236::P: -8 on block and chargeable. Chargeable version 24 frames and being a +5 GB on block.
:P+K: Becoming his new CB.
:P+K::P: +3 GB on block, chargeable version made a +10 GB.
SSP attack is is replaced with :3::P:.
:6::P+K: reverted to DOA4 status, i14 frames.
Wakeup :P+K: +4 GB on block.
:4::K: i13 and -6 on block.
:4::6::K: +5 on block.
:236::K: +18 GB on block.
:214::K: Causes a bound stun on NH and CH.
:6::K::K: Causes a bound stun on CH and a SDS on NH.
:7::K: Is unholdable.
SSK gives the CH properties of :2::H+K:
:3::H+K: +9 GB on block.
BT :4::P: +20 GB on block
BT :4::K: +0 on block.
:P::P::6::P::K: tracking given to the last two attacks.
:4::P+K: charge time reduced to 30~50. Normal version +15 GB, fully charged +30 GB and guaranteed threshold and CB.

Throw Buffs
:6::6::H+P: does 60 damage and 70 on HCH.
:3::3::H+P: does 101 damage.
:3::3::H+P: Wall variant ending punch removed, instead leaves opponent in an un-techable sit down state at the wall.

New Moves
:236::H+K: New i21 mid kick critical burst. Variation of :P::P::2::K::K: finisher. Unsafe on block
:214::H+K: Variant of hit BT :4::K: (Hitomi's :236::K:). Unholdable i23, tech jumping, tracking mid kick. +2 on block.
:214::P: i23 Variant of his :4::P::P::P: finisher, causes a +30 SDS on NH and CH and causes a ground bounce at threshold.
:6::4::h: Advanced mid punch hold, grabs opponent's arm and tosses him to opposite side for a ground bounce, potential floor damage and guaranteed followup.
:4::6::h: Mid kick hold grabs opponent's body and hurls them to opposite side, potential wall slam.

d3v

:momiji:
Make her :2::H+K: force tech on every knockdown and not just specific ones that bounce her opponent. Increase frame advantage of :6::P:. This way, she can blend as well.

Tenryuga

Safesumi

:P: - +1 on guard.
:P::P: - 2 in 1 during stun.
:6::P: - -4 on guard.
:6::P::P: - guard break for +3. (all variants of this elbow have this effect.)
:3::P::P: - stun restored to +18 fastest SE. Neutral on guard.
:2::P: - Neutral on hit.
:4::P: - -3 on guard.
:6::6::P::P: - Jails and guardbreaks for +3.
:2::3::6::P: - Reduce recovery and slightly increase relaunch height.
:9::P::K: - Changed from high kick to mid kick. Damage buffed by like 5 points.
:P+K: - -4 on guard. Hitbox buffed so it hits tech crouchers.
:P+K::P: - -5 on guard.

:6::K: - 4 on guard. Hitbox buffed so that it doesn't lose to tech crouch moves.
:6::6::K: - -3 on guard. Hitbox buffed to hit crouchers.
:6::6::K::K: (Mashed out version) - -4 on guard. Stun buffed to guarantee a 7K launch.
:6::6::K::K: (Original version) - Give me back my sitdown stun that guarantees CB and 3H+K.
:3::K: - Reverted to -3 on guard. Wallsplat status restored. Pushback removed so that she can follow up on it midscreen during stun.
:4::H+K: - Stun buffed to guarantee CB and 3H+K. -5 on guard but safe due to pushback.
:3::H+K: - Buffed to tag status in singles.

Hoshinpo buffs
Dash execution speed improved to make it so you cannot interupt her transitions.
:P: - Guardbreak for +3
:H+P: - Damage increased to 68. Speed increased so that it can actually catch sidestep.
:2::K: - Tracking low sweep kick. +8 on hit.

Throw Buffs
:3::3::H+P: - 72 points on NH. 108 HC. Range restored but kept at 12 frames.
:8::H+P: - Changed to an offensive hold for 42 damage on NH. 63 HC.

"No more punishment for me! :D" :kasumi:

Crext

Standard Donor
:ein:Ein:
:2::H+K: gives enough frame advantage to follow up with an attack on regular hit.
:236::K: can be swung into :2::H+K: and :3::P:, with stun effect. (Just like Hayate's similar approach, I'd make sense on so many levels)

:kokoro:Kokoro:
New Move :3::P+K:
A low tracking snap punch (kinda like her unique rising punch).
It takes 21 frames to hit.
It is has huge frame disadvantage on block -27
It does stun on counter hit, and can be followed up with either a punch to the ground or throw to frame advantage.

Summed up it is a tailor made move for her to deal with Christie's crouching SS moves, in order to make that setup more fair.

:bass:Bass:
New Move :9::h:
It is a new type of hold, that work against any mid and high move.
Bass uses his whole body as a meat shield and trust forward, but receives some very minor damage (50% of what the hit would be).
It gives +3~4 frame advantage, but does no damage.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I don't have everything memorized so use your imagination on the frames

:9::P: on hit forces the opponent to crouch giving you an opportunity to :3::K: or a low throw

:4::P: can do his BT throw the player presses throw button on hit

:4::K: causes GB

:P::K::K: can do that throw Dragonov has on gaurd or hit if the grab button is pressed,causes untechable situation

:P::K::P: and any attack that causes BT does NOT knock the opponent out of your goddam reach(seriously this is bullshit)

Bayman is the only grappler that doesn't have an air throw,I want one. :4: T will have him grab the opponent's leg and pulls them toward him where drives his fist into their face slamming them to the ground,the opponent can't tech from it.

:4::P+K: can launch bound opponents

Tank rolls can dodge mids

New low throw :2::8:T . Bayman grabs the opponents head jumps and drives them into his knee on on landing putting them into a stumble stun

More can be done but that's my ideas...not exactly broken but that's my ideal Bayman.

Last edited:

Musourenka

My turn!

:kokoro:

:2::h::+::K: Stuns on normal hit.
Heichu :P: +25 on hit during critical stun.
:9::P: Causes the opponent to float higher in juggle than before.
:h::+::K: (and all varieties) Can't be SE'd.
:6::K: +23 on hit during critical stun
:6::K::2::K: New low kick. +8 on normal hit and tracks.
:6::P::+::K: stuns on normal hit.
:3::3::P: stuns on normal hit, and tracks.
:3::3::P::+::K: launches higher, and tracks.
:236::P: will sit-down stun an opponent already in sit-down stun state instead of forcing bound state.
:236::H+P: (Heichu throws) give +16 non-SEable, non critical stun.
:214::H+P: - Full combo throw does 75 damage, up from 65.
:1::H+P: Now knees the opponent so hard, it snaps their neck. Because fuck your low holds.
BT :H+P: New throw from backstance. 7 frames. Grabs the opponent and shoulder-bashes them. Causes the same stun as BT :P::+::K:
:P::P::6::P: Now tracks
:1::P: Now tracks
:K: Now tracks
:1::K: Now tracks
:3::K::P: / :2::P::+::K:: Now tracks
:7::K: Now tracks
:6::P: Now tracks
:6::6::P: Now tracks
:4::6::P: Now tracks
:4::4::P: Now tracks
BT :4::K: Now tracks
BT :P::+::K: Now tracks

Aven Kujo-Gin

Okay, time to make Hayate an hurricane! :hayate:

Buffs:
:P::P::6::P::K:/:6::P::K: -5 on block.
:8::P::K: Neutral in block +0
:3::P::P: +9 on hit so you can do a low grab if the opponent doesn't do anything, either :2::F+P: or :1::F+P:.
:236::P: -7 on block.
:214::P::P::P: The two last puches have the same effect of :3_::P::P:.
:6::P+K::F+P: Changed to be an OH.
The second kick of :P::P::K::K:/:H+K::K: causes a bounce(DOA4)
:3::H+K::K: Delayable again(DOA4)
:2::H+K: Deeper stun in NH(DOA4)
New/Returning moves:
:8::8:/:2::2::K: Have the old animation from DOA3/DOA4. No longer GB
but causes a little bounce that can be followed with :7::K: or :3::3::K::K:.
:2::K: after the shippu(DOA4)
:6::P+K::P::6::P+K: Transition into shippu.
:H+K::6::P+K: Transition into shippu.
:6::H+K: Returning attack from DOA4. Unholdable after the first kick connect.
:3::H+K::K::K: Last new mid kick that launch the opponent(similar to wake up :H+K:) can be followed with :P::P::6::P::K:. -9 on block.

I may forget something, I will add more later then.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD