DOA5LR Breakable armor not breaking?

BATGIRL

Hi, i recently got DOA5 LR on PS4, and after downloading and playing the new sets of costumes that can be broken, i haven't seen any armor breaking at any point.

Is there some special attack or something? I've played offline and online, and now after a few days i'm really starting to get the feeling something is wrong here. Could there be some problem with my game, or am i missing the right gameplay to cause armor to break?

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
Really? Wow. I guess I'm so lucky that I didn't buy any of those extra price crap and turned out to be limited.
I think it does that because some players who don't like the fan service want an option to disable it, so TN probably figured that the normal breast settings would be enough to sate the players who don't want it

BATGIRL

I think it does that because some players who don't like the fan service want an option to disable it, so TN probably figured that the normal breast settings would be enough to sate the players who don't want it

It's funny. Now that i found out how to turn battle damage on, i feel like it's something that's lacking from all the other costumes. Not because of fanservice, but because the torn clothes after a big fight gives it an extra dimension somehow. Like if you imagine people fighting like this for real, their clothes wouldn't stay perfect. Look at how Batman looks from the beginning of an Arkham game to the end!
Granted, in DOA it looks more like someone threw their clothes through a shredder within a single punch, where all the damage looks strategically revealing but not too revealing, by the end of the fight it does make you feel like you've gone through something.

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
It's funny. Now that i found out how to turn battle damage on, i feel like it's something that's lacking from all the other costumes. Not because of fanservice, but because the torn clothes after a big fight gives it an extra dimension somehow. Like if you imagine people fighting like this for real, their clothes wouldn't stay perfect. Look at how Batman looks from the beginning of an Arkham game to the end!
Granted, in DOA it looks more like someone threw their clothes through a shredder within a single punch, where all the damage looks strategically revealing but not too revealing, by the end of the fight it does make you feel like you've gone through something.
I agree wholeheartedly. The battle damage feature would have been great to have on all costumes, but I think they're experimenting right now so that they know if a lot of people purchase the destructible outfits, that they can make this an actual feature in DOA6. It should be somewhat more subtle though, like Kasumi ripping her stockings, Hitomi's tank top rips exposing her bra, etc. It would be really neat, since no other fighting games really have it save for SC4 and MK9.

SoftCabbage

They could've made it as separate option at least. I play with Natural option, but damn when I buy that 3.50 bucks costume a pop, I would want to have them working as it should be in unlimited ways. :mad:

KasumiLover

Nightseekers_
Premium Donor
They could've made it as separate option at least. I play with Natural option, but damn when I buy that 3.50 bucks costume a pop, I would want to have them working as it should be in unlimited ways. :mad:
The natural 2.0 Imo is LR, so I guess TN assumes that'll be the setting that players choose if they want the AB while still having "naturally realistic" movement. Bit I agree, the AB feature should be available for all breast physics universally.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD