Bring back slope throws and add cliff/ledge throws

what do u think should this be added

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EL correction

640px-DOA5U_Bayman_Leon_2.jpg

In case you don't know (slope throws are like the down stair throws they had in doa4) Okay now when i say cliff/ledge throws im not talkin about cliff hangers im talkin about a brand new cliff specific throw animations for when your opponent is near a cliff or ledge an u grab them causing both of you to go over the side leading into a powerful slam now i think these throws should go over around or through any cliff obstacles such as gates, rails, ice blocks ect. i also think it should b able to be done by aether player weather your the one whose back is against the wall/cliff or if your facing the one whose back is against the wall/cliff. my example of a cliff throw would b imagine somebody like bass or Leon busting out the side of home with some pore soul by the neck and slamming them into courtyard or bay man German suffixing ein off the side of the cliff in lost world lol. also would like to hear any ideas for these new throws

Last edited:

David Gregg

Cliff throws already exist (Ryu's izuna) but yeah it would be nice for other characters to have them as well. Stair throws could only work if there were actual stairs which except for Temple of the Dragon there aren't any in 5U unfortunately.

EL correction

technically it doesn't fit into my category of what a cliff through would be remember (cliff specific throw animations for when your opponent is near a cliff or ledge)
Cliff throws already exist (Ryu's izuna) but yeah it would be nice for other characters to have them as well. Stair throws could only work if there were actual stairs which except for Temple of the Dragon there aren't any in 5U unfortunately.
technically it doesn't fit into my category of what a cliff through would be remember (i also think it should b able to be done by aether player weather your the one whose back is against the wall/cliff or if your facing the one whose back is against the wall/cliff.) Ryu's izuna drop is a throw that happens to go off cliffs but *one* its doesn't take people through walls and *two* its not cliff specific as far as there not being stairs in the game lol dlc stages my friend dlc stages

Last edited:

David Gregg

technically it doesn't fit into my category of what a cliff through would be remember (i also think it should b able to be done by aether player weather your the one whose back is against the wall/cliff or if your facing the one whose back is against the wall/cliff.) Ryu's izuna drop is a throw that happens to go off cliffs but *one* its doesn't take people through walls and *two* its not cliff specific as far as there not being stairs in the game lol dlc stages my friend dlc stages

As far as it not fitting your category, fair enough. But it is in fact classified as a cliff throw and can only be activated on the edge of certain cliffs (it's one of those "it's the same but different"). Kind of like how Eliot and Lei Fang's 4T against a wall is "technically" the same throw however it gets added damage and an extra animation.
But yes to the stair throws! And if not for 5U, 6 better have a sh*t ton of them b/c they're missed by a lot. lol

AkaShocka

Well, Tina and Leon don't have specific ledge throws but if Tina gets her 41236 air throw near the edge she can throw them off of it. Same with Leon's throw. Tina and Leon can just throw them straight off. Lisa can throw the opponent off of the cliff with her BT jumping offensive hold (BT 8T) and she can throw them off with her Deja Vu but before they fall off they'll hit the end of the edge, take that damage, fall and take that damage.
But these all are not specific edge throws. I believe Ryu has one though, with his Izuna.

EL correction

Well, Tina and Leon don't have specific ledge throws but if Tina gets her 41236 air throw near the edge she can throw them off of it. Same with Leon's throw. Tina and Leon can just throw them straight off. Lisa can throw the opponent off of the cliff with her BT jumping offensive hold (BT 8T) and she can throw them off with her Deja Vu but before they fall off they'll hit the end of the edge, take that damage, fall and take that damage.
But these all are not specific edge throws. I believe Ryu has one though, with his Izuna.
true i know of these moves but i want real cliff throws i guess closer to cliff hanger trows or the doa 4 slop throws where the characters interact ( lol not just throw someone over) in mid air kinda like the izuna drop but ledge specific with an origenal animation like imagine brad wong grabbing eliot and jumping off a cliff in lost world and laying on eliot's back (like he does when hes resting on the ground) in mid air all the way down to the ground as a slam

AkaShocka

true i know of these moves but i want real cliff throws i guess closer to cliff hanger trows or the doa 4 slop throws where the characters interact ( lol not just throw someone over) in mid air kinda like the izuna drop but ledge specific with an origenal animation like imagine brad wong grabbing eliot and jumping off a cliff in lost world and laying on eliot's back (like he does when hes resting on the ground) in mid air all the way down to the ground as a slam
I see what you're saying but all that just may be too much. And people are already complaining about grapplers anyway, so everyone having specific slope and cliff throws would be chaos.
Now I see that you have said something about wall throws sending the other guy over a all or iceberg. Lisa can use her 44T and it can knocked them through a iceberg and it can send them over the railing on Street stage on the roof. Same with Tina and a few others.

EL correction

I see what you're saying but all that just may be too much. And people are already complaining about grapplers anyway, so everyone having specific slope and cliff throws would be chaos.
Now I see that you have said something about wall throws sending the other guy over a all or iceberg. Lisa can use her 44T and it can knocked them through a iceberg and it can send them over the railing on Street stage on the roof. Same with Tina and a few others.
knocking people through/over something is the same old same old doesn't really apply here im more on slam animations that lead to both characters goin into mid air/falling animations or as i call it cliff throws (not to be confused with just throwin someone over a cliff) and as for it being to much lol its not like there's cliffs/ledges everywhere u turn in doa5/u im sure it will be no more then you can handle

AkaShocka

knocking people through/over something is the same old same old doesn't really apply here im more on slam animations that lead to both characters goin into mid air/falling animations or as i call it cliff throws (not to be confused with just throwin someone over a cliff) and as for it being to much lol its not like there's cliffs/ledges everywhere u turn in doa5/u im sure it will be no more then you can handle
Ah! Now I'm understanding. I see what you mean now. But DOA5U is already out so I don't think we'll get any of these new/old throws anytime soon until DOA6.

EL correction

:'( ik but cant let that kill the dream an up date or patch could add such things i deeply believe but more then likely doa6 or lol doa6u will have to bring my dream into fruition

Brute

Standard Donor
Walk to the edge on the top floor of the Fuel (oil rig) stage where the rail overlooks the drop to the third floor. Put the opponent's back against the wall. Do an Izuna. Watch as for some stupid fucking reason, you get a regular Izuna instead of a cliff Izuna. Same applies in Lorelei, Scramble, Flow and Street.

Now, do the same thing on the second (middle) floor. Note that once you break the barrier, there is no wall or ledge (even a tiny one like on the top floor). Now, do a cieling Izuna directed at the wall that should totally shoot out the ledge and drop them to the floor below. Watch as for some stupid fucking reason, you get a regular cliff Izuna. Same issue can happen with wall hit, requiring you to be so close they actually have to teleport you for the animation. Notice also how if you're 10 degrees off from directly facing a wall, it won't hit it.

So yeah. Fix all that crap.

Also, stop making the Shoho impossible near a cliff. At the very minimum you could make it just not push them off the cliff, but you really should make cliff-Shohos a thing. But as it is now, being impossible near a cliff: bullshit.

Last edited:

AkaShocka

I thought Ryu could do the Izuna of the cliff at Lorelei...... It happened to me last time I played and it did a fuck load of damage too. I was depressed because it finished the match in that slow motion animation. :(

Brute

Standard Donor
I thought Ryu could do the Izuna of the cliff at Lorelei...... It happened to me last time I played and it did a fuck load of damage too. I was depressed because it finished the match in that slow motion animation. :(
You can only do cliff Izunas on two very particular spots in Lorelei. You should be able to do it off every cliff in the map.

That added damage is only +20 on NH and HiC (making it 100-140 damage), as opposed to the +40 you get from Lost World (120-160).

EL correction

As far as it not fitting your category, fair enough. But it is in fact classified as a cliff throw and can only be activated on the edge of certain cliffs (it's one of those "it's the same but different"). Kind of like how Eliot and Lei Fang's 4T against a wall is "technically" the same throw however it gets added damage and an extra animation.
But yes to the stair throws! And if not for 5U, 6 better have a sh*t ton of them b/c they're missed by a lot. lol
i think i understand y u see it this way so ill just state *( for me)* a cliff through is a throw ur opponent can only do because a cliff is there... if u punch someone off a cliff with a punch that you can do anywhere on the stage and at anytime is that a [cliff punch]?... lol somebody out there will say !!!h3LL YEAH!!! *but* if u punch them off the cliff with a punch that you can only do at the edge of a cliff is that a cliff punch... believe me when i say that somebody out there is sayin ==H3LL NO== as their reading this right now (smh @ that reader)

Last edited:

Faust-san

El correction means these ones

And I would like to see them added too... it is widely know that Dead or Alive is THE game that features environment participation, the stage plays a rol in the match and its not only for musical purposes... having these backs gives a little more tactical game play... Altrough the damage needs to be reworked.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD