Bugs, glitches, typos, and other nonsense for DoA5+

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
All I have left is akira's 64H+P 2H+KP 146P. The timing for the crouch after the punch is ridiculous.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You have to actually go into crouch. It's practically a just frame. The system does Not actually buffer that you should become crouch. If you're too early then it just does 46P

David Gregg

I'm surprised no one mentioned the exorcism head spinning around on the fighter's bodies every now and then in survival mode. Ha ha.

It's kind of like doing Eliot's rising :3::P: 5 times in a damn row. You try for hours, rage quit, try again a few weeks later and get it on your first try.

Except I NEVER could/can do it!!! :mad: I make it to 4 and then I drop the opponent.

David Gregg

You have to :6::2::3::P: It took me a few days of attempts to do it. Eliot's is easier than Gen Fu's.

Thanks! I went to go on my Vita and saw that I already completed it though. lol. I can't remember ever doing it (probably b/c I failed so many times the one time I did I couldn't believe it).

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
You know how sometimes AI will go bullshit crazy and do some combo or technique on you that you would never had thought would work or would even be possible? So crazy that you immediately quit out of what you are doing and hop into training to figure it out? The following is something like that and happened to me about a month after 5+ launched and it has been driving me nuts ever since I saw it (and every time I do see it).

I can't fight Mila AI almost strictly because I have no idea how her AI works. Sometimes the AI will pull off some crazy combo that is absolutely beautiful, other times do the AI thing of just reading your inputs and hold you. Of all the crazy things the Mila AI has done to me there is only one thing I have found impossible to reproduce by my own hands. And that thing is a certain Strike->Takedown (think 4KT or 7PT).

While fighting Mila AI she used a Takedown variant that I had never seen before or even thought existed. Upon seeing it that first time I thought I was just seeing things (had a particularly rough week at work and was having sleeping issues) so I thought I just misread one of her attacks until seconds later she did the same thing AGAIN.

What did she do? 4H+K into Takedown as if it were a preprogrammed move like 4KT (which I had thought I had initially seen). I have tried cancelling 4H+K with Throw, Guard, directional inputs, punch inputs for the hell of it, even doing a normal 66T after doing the kick. You would think this would be it but the time between the kick connecting and the TD happening is too long compared with what the AI does. It acts like 4KT does when the AI performs it, kick->TD instead of kick->recovery->TD. I have spent MONTHS trying to reproduce this and all I get in return is a Mila AI taunting me with this unperformable technique. I swear you are not supposed to be able to do that.

Just so we are clear this happened last night to me during my lunch break and reminded me of my futile efforts. Nearly threw my Vita out the window when it happened.

Chapstick

You know how sometimes AI will go bullshit crazy and do some combo or technique on you that you would never had thought would work or would even be possible? So crazy that you immediately quit out of what you are doing and hop into training to figure it out? The following is something like that and happened to me about a month after 5+ launched and it has been driving me nuts ever since I saw it (and every time I do see it).

I can't fight Mila AI almost strictly because I have no idea how her AI works. Sometimes the AI will pull off some crazy combo that is absolutely beautiful, other times do the AI thing of just reading your inputs and hold you. Of all the crazy things the Mila AI has done to me there is only one thing I have found impossible to reproduce by my own hands. And that thing is a certain Strike->Takedown (think 4KT or 7PT).

While fighting Mila AI she used a Takedown variant that I had never seen before or even thought existed. Upon seeing it that first time I thought I was just seeing things (had a particularly rough week at work and was having sleeping issues) so I thought I just misread one of her attacks until seconds later she did the same thing AGAIN.

What did she do? 4H+K into Takedown as if it were a preprogrammed move like 4KT (which I had thought I had initially seen). I have tried cancelling 4H+K with Throw, Guard, directional inputs, punch inputs for the hell of it, even doing a normal 66T after doing the kick. You would think this would be it but the time between the kick connecting and the TD happening is too long compared with what the AI does. It acts like 4KT does when the AI performs it, kick->TD instead of kick->recovery->TD. I have spent MONTHS trying to reproduce this and all I get in return is a Mila AI taunting me with this unperformable technique. I swear you are not supposed to be able to do that.

Just so we are clear this happened last night to me during my lunch break and reminded me of my futile efforts. Nearly threw my Vita out the window when it happened.
The AI pisses me off because it can always do crap the player can't, and this might be one of those things. I'll try it out when I get a chance.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD