System Can "stage respawning" be manipulated for an advantage?

WAZAAAAA

Let me explain what I mean with "stage respawning".
When a round ends, according to how the player(s?) were positioned within the environment in the last frame of that round (last frame includes the short time lapse where the timer is frozen and the winner is still able to move around after beating the opponent), for the next round, the game will choose a proper predefined position (not random it seems) that is located as close as possible to where the fighters ended the previous round.
Now, not all these predefined spawn points are created equally: some of them may give a positional advantage to one of the two players, there's an example I took right here:

Where round 2 ended:
I7tXhxF.jpg

Where round 3 started (poor Hayabusa with his back to the abyss):
DVgBcJq.jpg

Note that my observations may not be 100% accurate and are based on DOA2U. Has anyone ever bothered to explore this little aspect of the game thoroughly? Maybe, instead of taunting or doing random shit at the end of each round, a smart player could position correctly to gain an advantage on the next round, pretty much how you trigger Ayane's special cutscene on DOA2/3.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Yes I noticed there are pre-defined spawn positions on DOA5LR as well. Although I believe they are totally random there, so regardless of positioning, the game will always let you spawn on a particular point. Nice find on DOA2U though! :)

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
this is a thing i observed in the past,
in some situation you kill the oppoenent without juggle just with a vortex throw / strike ... (exemple : T in bending stance for rig) so you can hit or thow the opponent because he are stand. so you can :
- use a fall to change map in some stage change the stage can advantage your next round by exemple in lost world they are a level with slip zone, an other with breakable object and an other with the most little area of the game !! in lorelei you have also lot of possibility and in other stage too (end of wolrd ...(lost world, lorelei, ...)

- active the first hit for a wall launcher by example in the show you need to do 2 hit to activate the wall launcher its the same situation in some stage like danger zone...

- active the first hit of a fence, in danger zone you need to do 2 hit to activate the fence and change side, you can anticipate the next round !

- make appear a danger zone, in the roof of the stage "street" also called "roof of the maxwell gym" you can make appear a subway when you do a wall combo on the electric wall. its very important to change map configuration, and the pressing in the next round will be very different with the possibility of use the subway danger (60 dmg free !!)

- break a breakable object to clean the area and make the zone more safe, in lot of stage they are lot of breakable object if you re opponent are better than you in these set up break his possibility to have strong damage !

- break a ground to lock up your prey ;) i like use this skill, in home if you re character have orbital launcher you have a very good weapon, because if opponent dont have the same weapon he cant have youre opportunity without use power launcher, so he need to be carrefull when he do hold, or strike,...in home opponent have only 5 luck to go out, in the start of the fight if he go to the right side he have 4 opportunity only 1 in the left side so if you are on the left side break the ground at the end of youre first round to lock up him :) (advice : against ryu hayabusa go out !!)
how to break the ground at the end of a round : make a knockdown juggle / strike and do a 8P+K on lot of character this stomp break the ground...
here my stage design to understand how use the breakable object and lock up my prey
2 HOME STAGE NOV 2014.jpg

- break cliffangher possibility, in some stage use the cliffangher possibility can make a difference because you change the stage and erase a great danger zone.

ps : to all readers, i apologize for my bad english i m french and i still need training in english, hope you will understand :)

Last edited:

Lulu

They seem Random aa far as I can tell..... the only guaranteed changes are if you K.O. someone with a light attack and then try to Knock Them off into the next platform before the game decides to start the next round.... this works well in Lorlei and Lost World and I bet it would be helpfull on The Danger Zone.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
They seem Random aa far as I can tell..... the only guaranteed changes are if you K.O. someone with a light attack and then try to Knock Them off into the next platform before the game decides to start the next round.... this works well in Lorlei and Lost World and I bet it would be helpfull on The Danger Zone.
you speak about the same situation i speak :)
@WAZAAAAA the topic are interresting, as i say always its the details that can make a great fighters !
respawn are not random if you do all the situation that i write...
i see the same reaction by player when i speak about tiger apparition in the tiger stage all my friends say its a shit stage because tiger break my combos. i say they exist a rule i think so i go to the training mode and in some minutes i find the rules of to dict when tiger appear...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD