Can this combo be stagger escaped?

Lulu

Slow Escape was coined by @virtuaPAI back in the early days of competitive Dead or Alive. The sad thing is he had VF experience and didn't carry over the term of Stagger Escape. It was named Slow Escape because Defensive Holds were a Fast Escape out of stun. Since it was the slower method to escape a stun he called it Slow Escape.

As competition grew, and more people from other games were coming in, players came to the realization that Stagger Escape is the more accurate and universal term. An accidental benefit is that the acronym for either term is the same, and so you'll see people calling it S.E. to cover both optional terms.

Even virtuapai wishes he just called it Stagger Escape back then, but sadly too many of the community got used to the term Slow Escape before it could be changed back. So now it's just a matter of the community phasing it out and using the term Stagger Escape. Even the localizer for Team NINJA hates the term Slow Escape ha-ha.

Ya'know.... I wish I got into DoA much sooner. :)

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
I meant the Term, Slow Escape....

5445.png

Chapstick

Why doesn't make it sense to you? Simple example:

Kasumis KK will stun the opponent, giving me +19 advantage. Now after that initial stun, lets say I want to set him up for a juggle either with H+K, which executes in 17 frames or 8K that takes 12 frames.

If the opponent does not slow escape, both of these moves will hit him. H+K will turn him around for a big damage juggle, 8K will launch immediately.
With slow escape set to "fast", the AI will already block H+K because the advantage I get from the KK stun is only +14 now. H+K is now too slow for taking further advantage of the stun. My 8K will still hit because it only needs 12 frames to execute.

On "fastest" slow escape, my advantage from the KK stun will only be +11, so both H+K and 8K can be blocked. This means it limits my options for dealing more damage from a stun I was able to land and my opponent literally escaped from multiple situations that would have cost him a lot of hitpoints from a single stun he was put into.

I assume you mean 7K, and yes, he can do so. The crumble stun 6P+K causes will result in him falling down to the ground if:
  1. you don't launch or hit him in time
  2. he doesn't hold

6P+K is one of Kasumis slowest moves, it is your only attack that causes a critical burst and it is a mid punch, so people will try to hold that specifically.
You can actually use any other attack instead of this. You should only use 6P+K to land a critical burst, but only if you've set your opponent up for that before.

Simple setups for 6P+K usage, causing a critical burst, are:

On normal hit:

:6::P::P:, :P::P:, :P::P:, :6::P+K:
:6::P::P:, :P:, :4: :H+K:, :6::P+K:

On counter-hit, you can shorten these to:

:6::P::P:, :P::P:, :6::P+K:
:6::P::P:, :4::H+K:, :6::P+K:

Both of these examples are either holdable or slow escapable though, but that's something you have to life with in general when you are playing Kasumi. She does not have many guaranteed / non-escapable stuff, especially not for 6P+K.
I think you were thinking of Phase with 6PP, should it be 4PP?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD