Carl "Perfect Legend" White shares his background on Wake Up SRK!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
692858_0.png

Carl "Perfect Legend" White was invited on as a guest to Shoryuken.com's latest episode of their podcast titled "Wake Up SRK!".

In the podcast, Carl shares his personal experience with Dead or Alive, its community, and the run up to his recent successes in the Mortal Kombat community.

If you want to check it out yourself, stop on over at SRK at the following link: http://shoryuken.com/2011/05/25/wakeup-shoryuken-e062-–-the-perfect-legend/

Direct Download of MP3: http://shoryuken.com/podcasts/Wakeup_SRK_E062.mp3

R4712-VR88

Good stuff. Just hate acouple of the comments on the site about DOA. DOA isn't a bad game, it's just DOA4. Just that one game people. Get it right!

Raansu

Good stuff. Just hate acouple of the comments on the site about DOA. DOA isn't a bad game, it's just DOA4. Just that one game people. Get it right!

Most SRK people hate all the doa games because they never bothered to play them. To most fighting game communities, DoA is just an eye candy game that has no depth.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Each community has players who hate one game for no reason. There are even players on SRK who bicker about which version of Street Fighter is the best - that all other versions are terrible.

Let's not spoil the thread with complaints of the website hosting the podcast that shared knowledge of Dead or Alive some may never have heard.

Berzerk!

Its definitely a good thing for Carl to have represented DOA. The discussion was a little scattershot; it would have been nice to have heard a bit more introductory information about what he's always enjoyed about DOA and how it works. I think a lot of listeners who never really played 3D games may not have understood some of the concepts at the basis of the mechanics discussions. I know a lot of people forget that there is a block button, that there are different attack heights, that distance and spacing work a little differently, etc, and so discussing things such as counters and how they work, creates a different notion in the mind of a 2D player.
Hopefully there will be further opportunities, he's certainly done well representing so far in multiple games.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I agree. Carl have been like the only person(major figure) who is opening dialect between us and the rest of the fighting game community.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD