Cb for Kasumi.

Doug Nguyen

Anyone else having troubling hitting critical burst for kasumi when the training com is at fastest stager escape. The only move i know to use before a critical burst is her 66kk and a few pokes because the 66kk is a sitdown stun and the pokes has a fast recover time. But most of the time if its not a special stagger the com just shakes out of it.

Allan Paris

1st off you shouldnt be trying to critical burst with Kasumi. That is not her strength. As you can see the AI is constantly getting out of whatever it is your doing to CB them. A good human player will do the same.

Doug Nguyen

Ohhh ok. I didnt realize stagger escaping was so used by human players. Im been mainly playing with com and new players so the CB was pretty useful as of now. But what do you recommend for Kasumi? Im going to this tournament in Long beach, and i need lots of practice with the new Kasumi, i used to rely of force teching in DOA4, but now its kinda not there.

Nightpup

In my mind, I see Kasumi's game as to get the first poke in, then launch as fast as you possibly can with either :3::3::P: or :3::F+K:. Get a good juggle in, then, if they don't tech, bait a wakeup then :9::P: over them and use BT:4::P:, juggle them and do the same, but shake up your method here and there.

Doug Nguyen

In my mind, I see Kasumi's game as to get the first poke in, then launch as fast as you possibly can with either :3::3::P: or :3::F+K:. Get a good juggle in, then, if they don't tech, bait a wakeup then :9::P: over them and use BT:4::P:, juggle them and do the same, but shake up your method here and there.
YEah i do that 9P all the time along with the BT 4P. Works great on noobs.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
6PK, PP6PK, are good frame traps.

Also 33K is your go to launcher.

Don't forget she has a standing throw launcher 236H+P and a crouching throw launcher 1H+P

Nightpup

6PK, PP6PK, are good frame traps.

Also 33K is your go to launcher.

Don't forget she has a standing throw launcher 236H+P and a crouching throw launcher 1H+P
I don't like using :3::3::K:, it seems to distance Kasumi too far away for me to get a proper juggle.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
66KK.

33P doesn't launch and you can get an accidental 236P which although launches much higher, is a high. So 33K is her best launcher.

Nightpup

66KK.

33P doesn't launch and you can get an accidental 236P which although launches much higher, is a high. So 33K is her best launcher.
I forgot Kasumi had a new :6::6::K: in this. I might start using that launcher a lot more now then. So does this make her BnB juggle:
:6::6::K::K: :P::P::7::K::6::P+K: :7::K::P+K:?

Keylay

I forgot Kasumi had a new :6::6::K: in this. I might start using that launcher a lot more now then. So does this make her BnB juggle:
:6::6::K::K: :P::P::7::K::6::P+K: :7::K::P+K:?

:6::6::K::K: doesn't launch. It causes sit down stun unless you mean :3::3::K:. You can do combos like :3::3::K::Link::7::K::6::P::+::K::K::K: or :3::3::K::Link::6::P::K::2::K: on normal hit.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Even though you really shouldn't be going for CB with Kasumi, if you absolutely have to, then here is her best, lowest risk CB combo since I believe it's her fastest way to get into it:

66KK, 6P, 6P+K (CB), then Power Blow or whatever. There are titles associated with it so that's your best bet for going for those. Feel free to do the button icons for my post if you want Allan. My tablet doesn't play nice with them.

Allan Paris

It's cool. The numbers and letters will help players learn them. Those icons are for lazy people. Though they are pretty to look at, I have nothing against them.

Nightpup

:6::6::K::K: doesn't launch. It causes sit down stun unless you mean :3::3::K:. You can do combos like :3::3::K::Link::7::K::6::P::+::K::K::K: or :3::3::K::Link::6::P::K::2::K: on normal hit.
Not entirely true. 66KK does a bounce re-launch if you use it right after 33K for a launcher. Otherwise yeah it will just sitdown.
Which is why I said :6::6::K::K: :P::P::7::K::6::P+K: :7::K::P+K:. But if that doesn't work, maybe just
:6::6::K::K: :P::P::7::K::P+K:? And yes, I know the button icons are lazy but they look pretty so I like using them rather than the standard notation.

Keylay

Not entirely true. 66KK does a bounce re-launch if you use it right after 33K for a launcher. Otherwise yeah it will just sitdown.
Which is why I said :6::6::K::K: :P::P::7::K::6::P+K: :7::K::P+K:. But if that doesn't work, maybe just
:6::6::K::K: :P::P::7::K::P+K:? And yes, I know the button icons are lazy but they look pretty so I like using them rather than the standard notation.

Yea, it will bounce but not too high. Off of a critical burst, the first combo won't work and the last hit of the second combo will hit them on the ground but not if they recover right away. If you launch the oppenent with a throw or counter, you will get a higher bounce. Like :2::3::6::H+P::Link::6::6::K::K::Link::7::K::6::P::+::K::K::K:

Doug Nguyen

Thanks for the input everyone, do you guys know any good for force techs, other than 9K. I feel like people are tech rolling so fast, i cant even keep on the pressure. I always whiff the 9K and get hit since they tech roll. I miss DOA4's force teching.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
1st off you shouldnt be trying to critical burst with Kasumi. That is not her strength. As you can see the AI is constantly getting out of whatever it is your doing to CB them. A good human player will do the same.
Yeah I learn that the hard way. But what about the PB? Should I just use pokes to pull if off?

Allan Paris

The PB is fine because it can be cancelled and it guard breaks on block. So yeah you can to pull that off you if you think you can get away with it. Just know it will be an automatic Hi Counter Hold of it gets held. Some characters you don't wont that happening to you.

Murakame

I feel like CB should be treated more as a mixup tool rather than a necessity. For example when an opponent is at the max stun threshold, you already know they are considering a mid punch hold because nobody wants to get caught by a CB. Kasumi can use this to her advantage and go for launchers instead (not 33P though. If you are going to use a mid punch launch at max stun you might as well CB.) I've gotten many Hi-counter throws and launchers in because my opponent was scared of a CB. Then when I taught them to fear those CB became a more consistent option to increase damage output.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I feel like CB should be treated more as a mixup tool rather than a necessity. For example when an opponent is at the max stun threshold, you already know they are considering a mid punch hold because nobody wants to get caught by a CB. Kasumi can use this to her advantage and go for launchers instead (not 33P though. If you are going to use a mid punch launch at max stun you might as well CB.) I've gotten many Hi-counter throws and launchers in because my opponent was scared of a CB. Then when I taught them to fear those CB became a more consistent option to increase damage output.
I don't look for it now. I only do it when it's least expected. I just focus on mixing up good combos for damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD