Character list leaked from Demo's EXE

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm just tryin' to give you some perspective that's all. Either way, DOA has generally been 3 characters per version and sub-version.

TRI Mike

Then if the list is real, we'd be getting five. That's pretty awesome. But I still keep my opinion about the VF characters.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Okay a little update, I was correct in stating that Alpha-152 doesn't appear to be a playable character in DOA5. However, it does look like she may be making a return appearance as a boss again. If you get a hold of the executable for the demo, search for "_INGAME.cam," which refers to in game camera movement, and you'll get 25 results which includes Alpha-152 but if you search for "_SELECT.cam," which refers to camera movement during character select, then you'll only get 24. Stage names start at 0x00116248 followed by the costumes at 0x00117980. Alpha-152 only has one outfit listed whereas all other playable characters have six and there appear to be three "RTM" models, which are used for unique story mode characters if previous DOA games are anything to go by.

Aion

I think 2 characters is definitely enough. Especially since almost the whole original cast is returning.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
i still want tengu and ein ... i really hope they atleast consider them for DLC if they dont decide to make them as part of the core game .. :/

them and an extra male VF would be awesome ... like kage or worf ...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Taking a page from Alisha and Jack from Tekken? I think that's a neat idea actually.
Yeah, I bet people really want to see one of the DOA chicks affectionately call it her appliance while wearing only a towel...

Attachments

• motivator942248cc884e7c00241d71a6ec880a996bd07294.jpg
    motivator942248cc884e7c00241d71a6ec880a996bd07294.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 182

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Instead of having a separate character model, Team Ninja is probably going to have you select Hayate while pressing a button or so to get his "Ein" Moveset.

Master_Thespian

Instead of having a separate character model, Team Ninja is probably going to have you select Hayate while pressing a button or so to get his "Ein" Moveset.
Or, since he seems so incomplete now, they might be picking some of Ein's unique moves to give him along with an Ein costume or two.

TRI Mike

When do you guys think the next announcement will happen¿ Something tells me they'll show Jann Lee, Leifang, Helena and a new character next. Along with one or two new stages.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Or, since he seems so incomplete now, they might be picking some of Ein's unique moves to give him along with an Ein costume or two.

as awesome as that sounds .. i still wish they would keep them 2 seperate characters
theres just something nostalgic about using an old unevolving EIN moveset and his music ...
loved it in 3 .. and in 4 ...

i still hope hes in .. honestly i dont want anyone left out .. :(

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Doubt that's happening based on what I'm seeing in the demo's files. Sorry to say... Unless it turns out that Rig is just an Ein clone.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
as awesome as that sounds .. i still wish they would keep them 2 seperate characters
theres just something nostalgic about using an old unevolving EIN moveset and his music ...
loved it in 3 .. and in 4 ...

i still hope hes in .. honestly i dont want anyone left out .. :(

But his moveset was evolved in 4 ;)

DrDogg

When do you guys think the next announcement will happen¿ Something tells me they'll show Jann Lee, Leifang, Helena and a new character next. Along with one or two new stages.

Team Ninja tweeted that there would be another announcement in late March. If we don't see one of the brand new characters before E3, I would pretty much guarantee at least one will be unveiled there.

R4712-VR88

I'd LOVE to see Momiji in DOA5. She is so hawt in NG3. I'll have my Kasumi and Sarah, but if Momiji is in it... @_@!

Allan Paris

I'd LOVE to see Momiji in DOA5. She is so hawt in NG3. I'll have my Kasumi and Sarah, but if Momiji is in it... @_@!

She won't be in DOA5. Hayashi said he wants to keep both the games seperate. Yes, Ayane and Kasumi have shown up in NG, so I don't get that.

Game Over

i still want tengu and ein ... i really hope they atleast consider them for DLC if they dont decide to make them as part of the core game .. :/

them and an extra male VF would be awesome ... like kage or worf ...

Are you talking about Worf from The Next Generation or Worf from Deep Space Nine?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD