DOA5U Christie - The Deadly Snake Vortex & Force Tech

QueenJakheiho

This video shows the setup i found yesterday which makes Christies Force Tech Game now extreme dangerous in DOA5U.
After the 2H+KP Force Tech you have +22 Advandtage
Against tech rolls even +7 on high guard and the second hit from the 2H+KP counter hits everything i tested it vs other 11 frames mid punch character(Fu, Jann Lee, Sarah) and it hits all highs and lows(even Akiras 2p). The opponent can only when he tech rolls try to low guard or low hold the second hit from the string but that requires very fast timing.
In fact: This setup is beastly and the damage loss to a full combo is small.
3P+KK dont works against heavys.
vs mids works only after CB
vs lights is the critical threshold enough.
H+KKK as launcher works against all weights from critical threshold
Hits P+K the faint stun in deep stun is the full H+KKK string guaranteed

Edit: The H+KKK Vortex works with the Powerlauncher aswell but only vs lightweights:
214p+k charge - 214p+k charge - H+KKK ~ 98 damage when the Force Tech hits.

Last edited:

FakeSypha

Not trying to sound like a dick, but that's just a pseudo FT not a true FT.

The 'problem' here is that the opponent can just tech roll after the last K from H+KKK. If you go for that 2H+KP afterwards, and they tech roll you'll be at -23 (according to the in-game frame data) due to the awful recovery that move has when whiffed. And you can get punished for your trouble. Just making that clear.

Not that I don't appreciate the setup you posted, though. Pseudo FTs still work if they go for a wake up kick, so there is still utility in them! Great vid, QueenJak :)

QueenJakheiho

Not trying to sound like a dick, but that's just a pseudo FT not a true FT.
The 'problem' here is that the opponent can just tech roll after the last K from H+KKK. If you go for that 2H+KP afterwards, and they tech roll you'll be at -23 (according to the in-game frame data) due to the awful recovery that move has when whiffed. Just making that clear.

Against tech rolls even +7 on high guard and the second hit from the 2H+KP counter hits everything.
I already was writing them on my post above and it shows clearly in the video. The opponent can only low guard or low hold after them when he tech rolls otherwise you have still advandtage cause the second hit from the string hits always when you input it fast enough. Try it out himself.

Last edited:

FakeSypha

Against tech rolls even +7 on high guard and the second hit from the 2H+KP counter hits everything.
I already was writing them on my post above and it shows clearly in the video. The opponent can only low guard or low hold after them when he tech rolls otherwise you have still advandtage cause the second hit from the string hits always when you input it fast enough. Try it out himself.
I just did before posting. I set the CPU option "recovery on". 2HKP whiffs leaving Christie at -23 =/

QueenJakheiho

I did that aswell i was hitting the CPU everytime otherwise i wouldnt make that video. But fine i have now a HD capture card. I show you that later and send your a PM.

QueenJakheiho

That should be clear now. Its good to see in your video you wait far too long for the 2H+KP input you have to do that instantly after the H+KKK tech!

Last edited:

FakeSypha

Well, the vid shows the stuff working, so I'm gonna trust you Queen. I'm taking back my words. S'all good :)

QueenJakheiho

Its fine :) To be honest i am happy someone is visiting the Christie topic here for a little talk. Its really a shame here.

MajesticBlue

I haven't messed with this but going by my hazy memory I remember her having nothing that would truly force a tech other then jak 2k from vanilla. Can't human players stay on the ground after both hits of 2f+kp? Very possible I could be forgetting something.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Thanks for sharing,but I have a question here,after :H+K::K::K: juggle,:2::H+K::P: is guaranteed forcetech?
If I remember the discussion I had with QJ about this a while back it works because you are slamming the opponent into the ground with the 3rd hit from :H+K::K::K: in a juggle without letting them fall, which theoretically you should get a FT when you do a fully charged gatotsu string(:3::P::P::[[P]]: then :P:) and drop the juggle, :8::P::P:(both hits connect)and the other one I know of is doing a :7::K: to end a juggle. I do remember @Awesmic telling me the way that FT's worked in the older games is that you were allowed 2 consecutive hits to a downed opponent if they don't tech up before they were "forced up". Personally I don't go for force techs because I like doing max damage in all my juggles but I'm sure Awesmic can elaborate more than I can on this subject.

GarryJaune

If I remember the discussion I had with QJ about this a while back it works because you are slamming the opponent into the ground with the 3rd hit from :H+K::K::K: in a juggle without letting them fall, which theoretically you should get a FT when you do a fully charged gatotsu string(:3::P::P::[[P]]: then :P:) and drop the juggle, :8::P::P:(both hits connect)and the other one I know of is doing a :7::K: to end a juggle. I do remember @Awesmic telling me the way that FT's worked in the older games is that you were allowed 2 consecutive hits to a downed opponent if they don't tech up before they were "forced up". Personally I don't go for force techs because I like doing max damage in all my juggles but I'm sure Awesmic can elaborate more than I can on this subject.
thanks,I tried several ways to FT ( HK KK 2HKP )(PP2KP 2HKP)(PKK 2P+K delay 2K)nothing guaranteed and sacrificed lot of damage... So I just..never mind

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD