Feature Request Clan Section Possibilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haydeeze

Well heres the issue, idk about PSN, mainly because I don't have a PS3. However I do know XBL has a lot of attention on clans in the DOA community
PMA
SA
TNE
NOD
NeXuS
Logical Fury
LBF
NOY
and so many others I just can't even think of.

So, why not have a place where clan matches can be hosted and they can communicate with eachother without having to just pray to god they find someone in a clan so they can find the leader and set up a match.

MKU sets theirs up like this
http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/forum/1614-clans-and-teams/

Just a thought. I can help set it up if needed, I'm very good with forum editing.

d3v

Clans have never really been a thing in the fighting game community. Especially in the offline scene (which is what matters).

Haydeeze

Yes, but clans are purely for competitive fun of the online game, if every fighting game community has a bunch of clans and they are acknowledged, why refuse them in this community? Also, they do have offline clan matches. For MK I've seen GGA vs. EMP and c88 vs. GGA. Maybe these could be arranged as well.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Clans have never really been a thing in the fighting game community. Especially in the offline scene (which is what matters).

DOA2U had online clans.

You could give yourself a custom name so put a clan tag at the front. Players would do team battles to determine the winner.

-Nai-

• Magnification of reputation and play of the group and individual leading to disenchantment
  • Type fights over petty shit...between and within crews creating irreparable situations that if your too slow or much of a bitch to handle that can reflect upon not just you but others as well...
  • Stratification of ability( lebronification as i call it)lead to undermining and Elitist notions that should not exist regardless of your so called rank and should reflected though your play and only your play...
Upon others all could be serious problems... Especially on this site and Facebook and other sources with all the type fighting and other incidents that shouldn't be happening. But ever since i'm in one of the crews you just mentioned, i will say this. By having them and people fostering growth through their play competively whether in actual tournaments (and that dreaded online too) and what they do outside by creating a culture of talent could be helpful to generate more of a not just a competive buzz but create a stronger connections within the community itself.

But once again clans can be disenchanting when certain types of players enter the equation thus creating more Bull Shit than what we have to deal with already...So its a damned coin flip that what I've seen has landed more on the fuck everything and everybody. Fortunately i haven't seen much of that in the DOA community or (Unless i'm mistaken,if so provide a serious example)many other fighting game communities...

so until that changes...REP YOUR SET...If you don't already have a sponsor tag.

Ps... Yes,i revised this three times..kindle fires plus bigger hands don't mix.
P.S.S. Make that four...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Man, just play games with who you want to play with. You don't need a special forum for talking to your clan mates. Presumably you already talk to them on Live and through other means or you wouldn't be a clan in the first place.

Haydeeze

I cant even post a suggestion, I think it would benefit the FSD community greatly if we had a place where all the clans could meet up. How do clan matches get done, if no one knows where the clans are at?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I haven't seen representation from a single one of the clans listed above since DOA 5 launched.

Are you sure they are even doing anything?

Haydeeze

I haven't seen representation from a single one of the clans listed above since DOA 5 launched.

Are you sure they are even doing anything?

Their hasn't been a lot of opportunity.
Emann, and Caliber Bladez both belong to the NeXuS clan
Most people know who TNE and PMA are, at least if you hung out DOA4's online scene enough.
I think the key is we don't have a place where the clans CAN communicate.
That's my thing, how will anybody know about the DOA Clan Community, if there is no way of representation through websites, just like how MKU is shown above. If we have a way that these clans can talk to each other, get matches done, and all that good stuff, THEN you would see a lot more representation even in offline tournaments and offline clan matches. Guarantee it.

d3v

DOA4's online scene enough.
The underlined is your problem (the word before is also another problem).

You want competition, stop playing online, come out to events, weeklies, ranbats, tournaments, majors, etc. That's how you find more competition.

EDIT: MKU still lives? I thought the competitive MK scene was all at TestYourMight?

Haydeeze

@Allan Paris, the only clan I see in there is NeXuS and there is no mention of clan match rules, or statistics.

@D3v Whether you like it or not, people are going to say online is a "competitive atmosphere." Every game has online clans. So, why not help them find their way?

Allan Paris

@Allan Paris, the only clan I see in there is NeXuS and there is no mention of clan match rules, or statistics.

What clan match rules and statistics? I suggest you use that thread (match-making) to challenge another clan or team and keep score on who won and who lost. Then post that information in the thread of the challenge that was issued to said clan once it's all said and done. There's no need for a board when there already is one where you can issue you a challenge to whoever you want whenever you want.

Clans have always kept their own score or "statics" and set their own match rules amongst each other in the DOA community when they were popular. At least in every clan and clan battle I have been in it was done like that, and I have been in a lot of them. This stuff isn't that hard to do, just use what's been given to you and work with it. It's not like you can't work with it, there's no problem at all to do what I have suggested to you.

people are going to say online is a "competitive atmosphere."

I don't say this......but good luck with this.

EDIT: I also have a feeling that this thread will be locked.......... very soon......

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm just going to say this simply:

No. Not gonna happen. You already have multiple ways of talking to your clan or you wouldn't be a clan at all. Nobody needs their own board for clans.

Now I'm locking this thread and the only way it's getting unlocked is if Mr. Wah wants to pull rank. It is his site, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD