Community Classic Dead or Alive 3D Models into newer games

Lorenzo Buti

I’ve been really thinking about this idea for a long time, I would’ve thought if one of those newer Dead or Alive fighting games would feature the Classic Arcade 3D Models made for the fighters like Kasumi and the rest?

It’s like now with that new Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown game coming out, you all have seen the trailer that they’ll feature the polygonal versions of the fighters in that game. Now I wanted Team Ninja to do the same with their Dead or Alive games, unless someone out there can obtain the 3D Models from the original Arcade game or PlayStation versions of the first DOA game?

doa-select.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think this is possible already due to mods and it's been done already but it's not a popular concept with DOA. I think with games like Tekken and VF that thrive more on nostalgia, it'd work but DOA is only concerned with nostalgic costumes they can further sexualize

Lorenzo Buti

I think this is possible already due to mods and it's been done already but it's not a popular concept with DOA. I think with games like Tekken and VF that thrive more on nostalgia, it'd work but DOA is only concerned with nostalgic costumes they can further sexualize
I mean who out there can mod some of the Dead or Alive player models and have them go into their Classic Arcade polygon form when I know the modders can do it and Team Ninja can’t? I’ve been thriving to celebrate Dead or Alive’s 25 Anniversary with those Polygonal models as a way to remember the Fighting game being like Virtua Fighter 2’s sister counterpart.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I mean who out there can mod some of the Dead or Alive player models and have them go into their Classic Arcade polygon form when I know the modders can do it and Team Ninja can’t? I’ve been thriving to celebrate Dead or Alive’s 25 Anniversary with those Polygonal models as a way to remember the Fighting game being like Virtua Fighter 2’s sister counterpart.
TN I don't think will do that tho, unless somehow people get enough demand for it but players aren't really focused on the retro models like that compared to the retro costumes they bring back

Lorenzo Buti

TN I don't think will do that tho, unless somehow people get enough demand for it but players aren't really focused on the retro models like that compared to the retro costumes they bring back
But I’m already seeing some appreciation over the Retro models in that new Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown game, it made me think of the same way that Dead or Alive should receive for it’s 25th Anniversary. Likewise DOA’s graphics has these anime-like models that slightly improve over the last DOA games to Dimensions, and then Dead or Alive 5 started going for a bit of realism to the characters. And now I hope to see the nostalgia of the Classic anime models for people’s vary eyes to relive.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
But I’m already seeing some appreciation over the Retro models in that new Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown game, it made me think of the same way that Dead or Alive should receive for it’s 25th Anniversary. Likewise DOA’s graphics has these anime-like models that slightly improve over the last DOA games to Dimensions, and then Dead or Alive 5 started going for a bit of realism to the characters. And now I hope to see the nostalgia of the Classic anime models for people’s vary eyes to relive.
Yeah but Virtua Fighter and DOA are two different games with a different main fan emphasis tho, there's serious doa players but the majority of the casual players aren't interested in stuff like that sadly

Lorenzo Buti

Yeah but Virtua Fighter and DOA are two different games with a different main fan emphasis tho, there's serious doa players but the majority of the casual players aren't interested in stuff like that sadly
But I’m the only one interested in Retrospective Styles and Nostalgic Features which is why I should strive that Dead or Alive should have a Polygonal 3D graphic from 1996, just for the 25th Anniversary. Imagine how the original 8 playable fighters would look like in Dead or Alive 5 if they got their 3D Polygon models on them as a result.

dcdvgml-d9b57a6b-a5ee-4406-ad0c-6772be96b9a2.jpg

Lorenzo Buti

What ever happen to mariokart64n with his original Dead or Alive models? Has he ever ported over the classic DOA1 models from Dead or Alive Ultimate to Xnalara? And what else would anyone know if they do happen to find the DOA1 models anywhere on those webpages? I wanted to search for the truth!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD