Community seems to be on two extremes

Argentus

Just from what I've played, it seems like there's two types of players.

The ones who get really good at combos, stuns, and guaranteed damage.

And the ones who are really good at adapting, mixup and counters.

It's like a rigid vs flexible mentality goin on, but they seem to only be good at one or the other, when it should be both.

Not to say there aren't people who aren't good at both, just that we need more.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I always noticed other pairs of extremes in the community.

1) The people who do stuff, and the people who talk about stuff.

2) The people who discuss strats and don't care what anyone thinks, and those reluctant to try out of intimidation.

3) The people who embrace the casual aspects of the community while learning how to play the game, and those who condemn them doing the same.

4) The people who want conservative DLC costumes, and people who want them as revealing as possible.

Truly, this community is complex and colorful.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm more a mix of both I love the casual side of the game such as the story, character growth, aesthetics and stuff but I also love playing my character consistently and growing my abilities and learning by playing good matches against good players. E.g. the most fun I have had online is playing Ryu mirrors with MASTER, playing Awesmic's Christie and Galen's trolling as well as serious matches and alot others on both XBL and PSN.

Same with the costumes, although I want more costumes for guys and more classic/conservative costumes for the girls/guys. I also like the swimsuits (skimpy or otherwise) personally, if they are gonna keep pushing swimsuits I'd rather them go for more varied stuff rather than just skimpy skimpy skimpy I'd also like more of the one with boxer shorts and t shirts as well as bikini tops etc. I'd just rather see less of them and less swaps.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I consider myself as a casual player, however, that doesn't mean that I don't want to get good. In fact, going online is my dojo because I learn from my mistakes better by losing and seeing what errors I made.

What you just described separates the skill levels of the players. The ones who cannot adapt/counter are the ones (hopefully) trying to level up. This is why, when you know a lot and practice a lot, you can become a better player who can adapt.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD