Compatible PS3 controller

jjinkou2

This is the second controller i break in 8 months. The D-Pad is slightly broken in the middle, not really a problem for casual games but for DOA it's a nightmare. I didn't think they were so fragile.

Have you already tested any compatible controllers? Are they reliable in combo?
I'm about to buy one since i wouldn't like to spend another 60€ in a future broken sony DS3. Another possibility is to use the joystick but my memory muscles don't let me play.

d3v

Get a MadCatz MLG Pro Circuit. They're what was used for Soul Calibur V at the last Super Battle Opera based on the recommendation of the then EVO champ.

Last edited:

jjinkou2

it costs an arm :confused:.
But lucky me it's the sales period, i got a 50% discount, so i could buy it at a reasonable price. Now I'm eager to test it tonight. This day gonna be a long waiting day at work.

Reactions: d3v

jjinkou2

Here is my small comment of my Madcatz after 1.5 months of using it only on DOA5U. It may help others because i struggled a lot with it and raged against myself before finding a solution. .

madcatz-mlg-pro-circuit-ps3_1348139692.jpg

After having broken my dual6axis (a little chunk of plastic left between the d-pad, my controller wasn't precise anymore.) i decided to give a try to the Madcatz Mlg Pro.

First feeling : It looks rock solid. The weight is better than 6axis. The plugs are responsives. You can switch the plug as you like. When i come back to my 6axis it feels like a toy very fragile.

I feel satisfied now with it, but let me give you some advice below.

Tips:
This controller comes with 2 different D-Pad plugs but none of them are useful for DOA5U. Very imprecise, i spent the whole month without any command like :236: or :214: possible. Even :4::6: is a pain to do.

The only solution is to buy an additionnal plug : the fightpadDpad:
D-Fightpad

mad_catz_mlg_promodule_4.jpg

I have done the whole hayabusa training and the izuna families without any difficulties. And I'm not an hayabusa player. (I still need to test Akira moveset).
The diagonals seem difficult to get but it's doable.

Features lost from 6axis and way to deal with it:
- it doesn't have bluetooth. => You need to wireplug it. Not really a constraint if you are close to your PS3 (3meters of cable)

- it doesn't have motion sensor: => you can't move boobs , meh or like whatever feeling you have here. Not really a problem for me.

- it doesn't vibrate anymore. => i can deal with it. That's a feature i was about to remove.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Not having Bluetooth is a plus, honestly. You can't get away with that in tourney settings anyways. I always see games interrupted 'cause someone thought it was a good idea to make PS3 controllers still be connected to a system after turning it off.

DoANoob

I know this post is a few months old, but I'm curious; where did you buy the controller and the plug? Also, does the place that you bought it from still sell them?

jjinkou2

well, after 1 month of intensive use, this controller showed some defects. the square n triangle buttons stayed stick. i don't recommend this anymore. now i'm playing with the logitech F310 for less than 30euros. 4 months and no pb. the dpad is the best one so far. go to amazon to easily order it, you won't regret this .

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD