Complaint about Online

GLoRToR

Lobby:
- Why only two out of 10 people can fight in a lobby, condemning the other eight to just sit twiddling their thumbs? I don't know about the game's creators but I have 24 hours in my day and only 1 or 2 of them a day for this game. I would like to spend that time playing it rather than waiting 30 minutes only to get stomped by the SAME single top player who has never been beaten by the others either, sitting there on 200 wins and not budging.

Ranked:
- Why does it take 20 minutes to find a single opponent who will then cancel the match? Annoying. Or even if they do not cancel, I search for a 5bar opponent, get a 3bar, accept it and end up with a 1bar connection lagging so badly that I cannot even move my cursor on the character selection screen.

ScattereDreams

Lobby:
- Why only two out of 10 people can fight in a lobby, condemning the other eight to just sit twiddling their thumbs? I don't know about the game's creators but I have 24 hours in my day and only 1 or 2 of them a day for this game. I would like to spend that time playing it rather than waiting 30 minutes only to get stomped by the SAME single top player who has never been beaten by the others either, sitting there on 200 wins and not budging.

Ranked:
- Why does it take 20 minutes to find a single opponent who will then cancel the match? Annoying. Or even if they do not cancel, I search for a 5bar opponent, get a 3bar, accept it and end up with a 1bar connection lagging so badly that I cannot even move my cursor on the character selection screen.

First paragraph; It's been this way in most fighting games. However, some fighting games now are starting to adopt namco's "Global Coliseum" styled lobbies/servers where up to 20 - 30 (not sure of the exact number), everyone in the server can challenge one another, you can even create small rooms inside the server for you and your friends. Only games using this is Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V, Soul Calibur II HD, and Blazblue CP. I think TN should have used this for DOA5U, but then again their netcode is ass compared to these games.

Second Paragraph: Again that's Team Ninja's crappy netcode. I've gotten matches with 3 bars but when I accept it I get one and yes the matches are bad. Team Ninja ruined ranked match.

Yaguar

Add SkullGirls too. Not quite the same system but a lobby will sort out as many matches as it can at once then it'll wait for those matches to end and put through another 4 (or however many you have in a lobby). Annoying for uneven numbers, great otherwise.

Kronin

Ranked:

Try to accept throdowns in training, versus, or arcade, usually I find new challenges really fast.

However, some fighting games now are starting to adopt namco's "Global Coliseum" styled lobbies/servers where up to 20 - 30 (not sure of the exact number), everyone in the server can challenge one another, you can even create small rooms inside the server for you and your friends. Only games using this is Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Soul Calibur V, Soul Calibur II HD, and Blazblue CP.

If I remember well, also VF5:FS should allow it.

GLoRToR

Finding a solution has never been an issue, guys.
The complaint is about the actual, impractical way things are rather than me not being able to work around it :)

synce

Online's just trash unless you're in Japan where everyone is close by and has ultra fast internet, assuming you can find anyone to play. I recommend checking out if Tekken Revolution if you haven't already. It's free and the online is perfect. If you're new to the series this is a good place to start since the game mechanics are simpler than ever.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Is it like TTT2 netplay where local versus actually has input delay set so that people don't notice delay online?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD