Community Congrats to our fellow DOA Venezuelan Players on Building up their Offline Scene

PraPPuW.jpg

From left to right: @TRI Mike, @Tulkas, @TonyMoonman, @Faust-san, Elix, Gerardo and (incomplete) Jesús

FSD member and Venezuelan DOA player @Tulkas recently dropped a post that he, along with notable pal @TRI Mike, have both worked up and succeeded on having a few congregated offline DOA gatherings in their small town of Caracas, Venezuela. You can see one of their recent events (pictured above).

The thread, in which Tulkas proudly posts about their accomplishment, has been detailed in both english and spanish (props to him for that), where he mentions and credits the FSD search feature on the site for looking up surrounding Venezuelan players. He attributes it for coming across TRI Mike.

Tulkas further mentions that, on his quest to building up a Venezuelan scene, it was only himself and TonyMoonman that first started out playing offline, but they were both fortunate enough to come across additional DOA players along the way, such as TRI Mike, @Faust-san and others.

You can find much more details, photos and more in the thread here.

On behalf on everyone here at FSD, we would like to give you guys major props on all of your offline accomplishments thus far and hope that you continue to grow your scene in Venezuela.

I would also like to thank the Free Step Dodge community because of their incredibly supportive members and the excellent guides provided here, the few times I tried to ask for advice here I received mostly positive feedback from the users of the forum.

Your work here is surely helping others to gain interest in the game as a competitive one more than casual or "boobs-only" game... Looking forward to more encounters and possibly participate in bigger events this 2014 =)!

Wow I never thought this was gonna make it to the homepage. This is awesome. Ever since Rikuto invited me here I've started to see the game from another point of view and I can't even begin to say the amount of things I've learned not only in DOA but competitive gaming in general. Seriously, thanks Matt, Erik, Bryan (who's not here anymore), grap3, Allan Paris, Jeff Doaeater, etc, etc, etc for your support.

Tulkas left Venezuela a short while ago and since his place was the official "DOA cave", we're struggling a little now because people have a hard time getting to where I live, but I know that with a little effort, we'll manage. We don't have huge player numbers but the ones we have love the game and want to keep learning and playing.

BTW I look terrible in that pic.

I always respected TRI Mike and is a hardworker. Glad to see it finally paying off. Does the gamer have a good following overall over there besides you serious guys?

Yeah a lot. I also play Pokémon (started just a few months ago) and the competitive scene here has hundreds of players for the franchise. Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat, Fifa, Halo, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Gran Turismo, Battlefield and many others are also followed by tons of people. I write in a small gaming site and keep track of those, it's very pretty.

@MasterHavik mostly fighting games are the ones taking the scene right now, but we do have a couple of good players in others specially Call of Duty: Black ops 2 (which had like 2 hardcore teams, I only know personally 1 of them), Dota 2, Battlefield as Mike said. I think that its a good time for gaming communities... It could be better if they learned that "united, we stand, divided, we fall" but anyways don't forget about us!

Yeah a lot. I also play Pokémon (started just a few months ago) and the competitive scene here has hundreds of players for the franchise. Smash Bros, Mortal Kombat, Fifa, Halo, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Gran Turismo, Battlefield and many others are also followed by tons of people. I write in a small gaming site and keep track of those, it's very pretty.
not shocked abotu fifa or pokemon. that's really good to know though.
A "town" of about 5 million inhabitants imho isn't that small... ;)
actually it is if you study geography and such.

A "town" of about 5 million inhabitants imho isn't that small... ;)

Oh @Tyaren, I also was wondering why did @D Glock say that, but then I realized our country is not very-known, and it's just a small details that doesn't spoil the message. So, I apreciatte what he did.

The only thing I disliked is that he -just previously- pointed "a few congregated offline DOA gatherings"... I realized I didn't include in my post the amount of gathering happened in 2013, and it was 1 offline gathering per week in average. And cosidering there was also a tourney it really doesn't sound as "a few" to me. However I have not discarded I missunderstood that line becasue my english reading skills are still in development. And anyway, I still apreciatte what he did.

Last edited:
Yup, definitely in development, lol

Now that we're at it, I feel like it's worth mentioning that there's a chance me and another local friend will travel to London to visit Tulkas and play DOA in events there. Of course, it'll happen if our country's shitty economy allows us to.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD