Open Constantly being timed out/logged out randomly

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm sorry to bring it up again but this issue is really annoying me. Ever since I donated, whether I go to a different tab on my phone, sometimes click random links on FSD, try to change my cover photo and such, my account will "time out" and say "you have to be signed in to do that" and I literally have to sign in like 5-6 times each day. Other users have said they had this issue but the circumstances are nothing alike and I've been going through this for a long while. I cleared my cache, refreshed my browser, restart my phone but this issue still persists.

I know it's an issue caused by me donating because this has never happened before, in the past when I would be off FSD for hours and then open my browser I would still be signed in because I use the "Keep me signed in" check box so I won't have to do it again and again. Now I'm randomly timed out even when I do certain actions even tho I still use that feature and I'm beginning to get very annoyed/upset. If anyone on this site can fix it and see what's up with my account I would appreciate it because it's not fun being logged out every other time I want to browse FSD. I seriously would have refrained from donating or would have just did a smaller usual amount had I known my reward would be me being logged out randomly at the most unusual and unbecoming times.

This has been an issue for well over a week now and I just want it to stop because its really giving me annoyance and anxiety. I'm sorry for complaining about it so much but I just want the issue resolved

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It has nothing to do with donations. I haven't been given solid enough steps to reproduce, but @grap3fruitman was complaining about this issue a month ago or so thinking he was being throttled due to warnings or some sort of ban or something. It sounds similar, but have no reason to believe it's due to donations, especially since grap3 didn't do any donations, and I haven't heard from other people who've donated having this issue. In fact, I could turn off the donations add-on and you'd most definitely be having the same result.

As far as the site's end of things, there's nothing in the forum software that would be causing this to my knowledge and I haven't seen any anomalies.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It has nothing to do with donations. I haven't been given solid enough steps to reproduce, but @grap3fruitman was complaining about this issue a month ago or so thinking he was being throttled due to warnings or some sort of ban or something. It sounds similar, but have no reason to believe it's due to donations, especially since grap3 didn't do any donations, and I haven't heard from other people who've donated having this issue. In fact, I could turn off the donations add-on and you'd most definitely be having the same result.

As far as the site's end of things, there's nothing in the forum software that would be causing this to my knowledge and I haven't seen any anomalies.
I don't think it should be because of a warning or ban either since I haven't done anything wrong(I learned my lesson about getting triggered and cursing people out xD) The issue hasn't happened for a while since I updated my browser so I'll just see if it changes

Hayabusiness

Could this be tied to warnings then? I've been given a warning years ago and I did get this issue multiple times. However, I simply solve it by having https:// on the adress.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Could this be tied to warnings then? I've been given a warning years ago and I did get this issue multiple times. However, I simply solve it by having https:// on the adress.
No, I have no warnings. Cyber even sent me a message a few months ago saying that in some warning messages I had received that they didn't apply to me currently. I haven't done anything to warrant warnings either

Hayabusiness

No, I have no warnings. Cyber even sent me a message a few months ago saying that in some warning messages I had received that they didn't apply to me currently. I haven't done anything to warrant warnings either
But you have received warnings/bans/ etc, right? I don't think I currently have any warnings either, since two years or more have passed since.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
But you have received warnings/bans/ etc, right? I don't think I currently have any warnings either, since two years or more have passed since.
I've had warnings in the past but they never affected my log ins. I've only been banned once and that hasn't affected my log ins either

Hayabusiness

My log ins get affected sporadically (and I can fix the issue in my case).
But if this bug of sorts so far has been found/reported by three users, all of which got warnings, that is a start I guess.

DyByHands

I had this issue before, on an older phone and now that Im on a newer phone, I seem to be kept logged in now. Though these days I just log out when Im done. But in the past it did bug me a bit. And I have never had any kind of warnings or anything.
Maybe its an issue with older hardware or older browsers. I do know back when I was using an outdated version of Internet Explorer on my PC I had numerous issues. When I updated to chrome they all went away.
Keep us posted if updating your browser works, in the long run.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I had this issue before, on an older phone and now that Im on a newer phone, I seem to be kept logged in now. Though these days I just log out when Im done. But in the past it did bug me a bit. And I have never had any kind of warnings or anything.
Maybe its an issue with older hardware or older browsers. I do know back when I was using an outdated version of Internet Explorer on my PC I had numerous issues. When I updated to chrome they all went away.
Keep us posted if updating your browser works, in the long run.
It seems to be ok now I believe, I updated my browser so hopefully that'll stop it xD

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I can't login from any device. I can only post from my phone cause I've been logged in here from before. Pretty sure I'm SOL if I log out. Lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD