Request Continue DOA6FE or modify DOA6++?

It's all in the title.
Should I continue putting money into my own separate DOA6++ version (DOA6FE)? Or should I use my balancing ideas to make the current version of DOA6++ better?

My issue with the latter option is that I'd like to modify a complete game that won't have future updates that will potentially make my balance changes obsolete.
My second problem is that some changes in DOA6++ I do not agree with like Hitomi's goofy DOA4 idle stance and the removal of certain moves from Hayate, etc. I would have to pay my modder to set aside time to learn how to reverse all the changes I don't like. Also, putting ugly male Tengu animations on female Nyotengu is cringe, if I'm being honest. All that's gotta go.

It's silly to divide our resources, but if one's own ambition is directed toward a completely different direction, it can't be helped.
I have the balancing expertise, 6++ has the means to make it all happen. It would be nice to join forces. But no one ever agrees with me anyway.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Neither.

Nobody cares about playing modified DOA6 as evidenced by the remaining active players on PC.

Neither.

Nobody cares about playing modified DOA6 as evidenced by the remaining active players on PC.
The number of active players is irrelevant as long as 2 or more are playing. And Emann hosts DOA6++ lobbies from time to time.
Not everyone shares this melancholy view you have that would warrant putting no effort into restoring and improving DOA. You may as well tell Revan to stop working on his mod also. He and Alex both have hope. That's why they keep "fighting".

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
There's nothing melancholic about it. This is reality. The activity on the game is lower than on life support and those still left are on retail. There is no point in modifying the game. None.

"Restoring and improving DOA". No it's pretty obvious that the community rejects both yours and revan's interpretation on what "restoring and improving" means.

And last time I checked, revan thought you were a huge scrub and does not care for your feedback whatsoever, so have fun wasting your time on that too.

"I have the balancing expertise, 6++ has the means to make it all happen" Nice dig at revan too LOL. I'm sure you guys will get a long just great.

There's nothing melancholic about it. This is reality. The activity on the game is lower than on life support and those still left are on retail. There is no point in modifying the game. None.

"Restoring and improving DOA". No it's pretty obvious that the community rejects both yours and revan's interpretation on what "restoring and improving" means.

And last time I checked, revan thought you were a huge scrub and does not care for your feedback whatsoever, so have fun wasting your time on that too.

"I have the balancing expertise, 6++ has the means to make it all happen" Nice dig at revan too LOL. I'm sure you guys will get a long just great.
"Scrub" This is because you don't understand my point of view. I can tell that there is a difference in my mood when I'm fighting Kokoro and when I'm fighting Helena. One character is more fun to fight than the other. Kokoro is not equal to Helena in DOA5. I'm sure most people would say Helena is a more effective character. Am I wrong?
I'm right. That means DOA5 is objectively unbalanced and I am not a scrub. I know what I'm talking about. But people say that I don't because I complain more than they do. Other people still enjoy the game even though it isn't perfect, but most of the time I'm just enduring it because there's nothing better to do.
That's why people say I'm a scrub... because they don't care to the same depth that I care.

"Nice dig" I'm not throwing shade. I prefer if the wall was like DOA4 or 2U. He didn't change the walls at all to my knowledge. They're still obnoxious and intrusive. And what about near one-stun max-height launchers? Were those nerfed or not?
If people like working less for guaranteed damage, they can play 6++. But if people want to fight on the ground more and win more so with skill and less with abusable tactics, you play my version. That's all I'm saying.

I think if I was the one who designed base DOA6 initially in an ALTERNATE REALITY and people had to choose which version of DOA6 to play, I'm 100% sure everyone would choose my version of DOA6. No cap. But because I have to take time to make it and it's not an official version, people try to discourage me instead of encouraging me.
They're like you. "What's the point".

The point is we only need one other person to play, not hundreds. Start with a few players and gain more as you go when they see how much fun you're having. Even if they don't join in, we're still having fun together in our little circle.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
No, people say you are a scrub because you are removing things from the game that you are unable to deal with, even when you are presented different counter options. A perfect example is you removing Jann Lee's dragon kick.

Kokoro is different than Helena...why would not want them to be? You want to homogenize everyone and everything so it ends up being the same.

The problem I have with Team NINJA's character balancing is they attempt to homogenize the roster but there are so many glaring oversights. The combo structure in 6 is very simple with launch bound into close hit. It's the most optimal route for most characters that has simultaneously the best damage and carry. The issue here lies in some characters have a harder time enacting that structure where other characters can bound you by simply sneezing. Or some characters aren't blessed with a 4H+K or 2H+K fatal stun and need to be back turned to do so. And so forth.

The character balancing in both games is awful but for different reasons.

As for me, I want clearly defined characters that have clear strengths and weaknesses, who are not equally good at everything. I want a system that allows for the expression of multiple viable playstyles with a diverse roster. I want interesting character matchups. I want every move to have a clearly defined purpose, otherwise it has no reason being in the game. That doesn't mean limiting tools either because that would just result in a dull game. I want multiple effective options to deal with a given situation and not some only one true static choice. Look at punishment in DOA. Can't we have more than throw punishment? Simplfying your options makes for a very boring and braindead game.

No, people say you are a scrub because you are removing things from the game that you are unable to deal with, even when you are presented different counter options. A perfect example is you removing Jann Lee's dragon kick.

Kokoro is different than Helena...why would not want them to be? You want to homogenize everyone and everything so it ends up being the same.

The problem I have with Team NINJA's character balancing is they attempt to homogenize the roster but there are so many glaring oversights. The combo structure in 6 is very simple with launch bound into close hit. It's the most optimal route for most characters that has simultaneously the best damage and carry. The issue here lies in some characters have a harder time enacting that structure where other characters can bound you by simply sneezing. Or some characters aren't blessed with a 4H+K or 2H+K fatal stun and need to be back turned to do so. And so forth.

The character balancing in both games is awful but for different reasons.

As for me, I want clearly defined characters that have clear strengths and weaknesses, who are not equally good at everything. I want a system that allows for the expression of multiple viable playstyles with a diverse roster. I want interesting character matchups. I want every move to have a clearly defined purpose, otherwise it has no reason being in the game. That doesn't mean limiting tools either because that would just result in a dull game. I want multiple effective options to deal with a given situation and not some only one true static choice. Look at punishment in DOA. Can't we have more than throw punishment? Simplfying your options makes for a very boring and braindead game.
Hmm...

That is all.
But let me point out that the inquiry of this thread has yet to be answered.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Unless he's changed his mind, revan won't care for your input and unless you have a group of players wanting to play your mod...I think you know the answer.

Unless he's changed his mind, revan won't care for your input and unless you have a group of players wanting to play your mod...I think you know the answer.
I don't want to give him my input because I already know that is the case.
I'm saying I would take the current progress he's made with his mod and work on that instead because he already brought back a lot of old moves and stuff.
But I'm thinking I'll stay with mine still and slowly work my way up.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Tbh I say stick with your own project, @Rev_an is doing his own thing and I think you should stick with your own mod, imo I deem it kinda strange and a bit klepto to just hop on his mod game adjustments and try to add your things to his project that he didn't ask for.

I know for me, if someone did that to me, I'd definitely feel some type of way, as a modder myself(in the costumes and hair and visuals department) I strongly dislike when others modify or change something with my mods since I feel that's taking credit when I did the work, adjustments, scaling, and work to ensure it works and behaves correctly. Nothing wrong with using a few ideas from ++ but stick in your own lane since it seems you both have different visions for what the game will be.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD