System crazy DOA2U tech

WAZAAAAA

I don't know if this is already a known thing, but it has to be the craziest technology I've found in this game. Apparently, in DOA2U/DOAO, after doing a mid punch hold with Jann Lee, you are still in time to reach the back of the opponent and do guaranteed back turned followups before the opponent is able to guard. Pretty easy to execute. It's also possible in the Dreamcast version of DOA2 but it's harder to do.

https://streamable.com/p2cgn

You can easily dish out 1200+ damage with this. But how much is that you may wonder? It's freaking Hi-Counter ceiling Izuna Drop damage tier... with just a regular (not Counter and not Hi-Counter) mid punch hold. Here it is done in a real match:

(click for HD)

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

DOUBLE 7K COMBOS - WE GOT 'EM

(click for HD)

Normally, the launcher height of Hayabusa 7K is special for the fact that it's not affected by any modifier such as weight or Counter Hit, but apparently hitting Kasumi during her 6K launches her higher as if she was initiating some jump-attack (behavior documented here)... she does visibly "tiptoe" so that should be the reason. Also she was close to a wall but not too close to wallsplat immediately; just the right distance to let me connect another 7K. Rare and optimal stuff, the stars had to align for this clip lol.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It has been believed in the past that they increased hitspheres in 2u and 4 to make online easier.

WAZAAAAA

lol is this Helena wall throw real? must be AI only, found it from a random "Evolution of Tina" video, can't reproduce on DOAO

(source)

Last edited:

Gultigargar

One is her high punch hold when the opponents back is to a wall, the other is her 4F+P when her back is to a wall.

EDIT: Ah, my bad, I misunderstood. Most likely an AI only thing, the AI doesn't actually input moves, it just plays them from its movelist.

WAZAAAAA

alright so here's the explanation
In every version of DOA2, sideways wall wake ups caused by Wall Throws and Wall Holds that have a unique wall animation are NOT Throw-invincible, like Helena 4T/7H.
That does NOT apply to Wall Throws/Wall Holds that cause a wall splat due to knockback like Zack 33T/6H.
Same for wall splats caused by Strikes, you can wake up sideways those all you want.

(click for HD)

another one with Hitomi

Last edited:

JustOwnin

I was playing doa2u in 2004 when the game was hot. I don’t remember this ever happening to me in the over 10,000 matches I played in doa2u. And I was picking hitomi with that exact costume. If it’s so obvious why did I never see from Jann lee masters like ryujin or something. Maybe it was there and I just forgot because it was 16 years ago.

WAZAAAAA

I was playing doa2u in 2004 when the game was hot. I don’t remember this ever happening to me in the over 10,000 matches I played in doa2u. And I was picking hitomi with that exact costume. If it’s so obvious why did I never see from Jann lee masters like ryujin or something. Maybe it was there and I just forgot because it was 16 years ago.
I stole that tech by spectating random DOAO matches in the Asian channel. It may sound funny but the Chinese and Taiwanese community there almost exclusively played the Chinese trio Jann Lee/Leifang/Gen Fu so they knew all the tricks, your puny little US circlejerk got nothing on them lmao

JustOwnin

I stole that tech by spectating random DOAO matches in the Asian channel. It may sound funny but the Chinese and Taiwanese community there almost exclusively played the Chinese trio Jann Lee/Leifang/Gen Fu so they knew all the tricks, your puny little US circlejerk got nothing on them lmao

China and Taiwan are no match for US players. Remember the best doa player in the world the winner of the doa WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP was a blackman from America named HOODLESS.

Us american players can beat all of those players with ease.

WAZAAAAA

2 Ayane things, shoutouts to Matt Ponton and Mallo respectively
- Ayane can escape the staple Ayane 4T 4P combo by holding 3. The 4P will inflict Normal Hit vs a front-turned opponent! This happens because pressing 3 while BT with Ayane does that unique spinning animation, which makes her turn around faster than anyone else.
- Ayane 1T into 2P ground stomp is guaranteed

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD