Creative Art Input Thread

Argentus

Sky blue works and sure, why not. : )
*ahem*

10515181_1474556856128038_4934612690641828963_o.jpg

- Obsidian. Formerly a temple guardian, he formed and led the First Rebellion. Is body made of an organic stone, granted to him to fulfill his duties as the temples guardian. Effectively makes him a Pseudo Golem. Acts as Marissa's mentor.

- Marissa Malone, aka Renegade/Rebellion. (Haven't decided which is her moniker, and which is her guns). Sole gunslinger left in the world. Due to the ban on all gun and ammo manufacturing, her village was destroyed for researching alternatives. Joined the first rebellion. Is known yo be particularly vicious to enemies and is usually hostile to those around her. Wields a modular rifle of her own design that, due to no actual ammo being available, instead fires compressed air using intake vents. In practice, giving unlimited munition, though it can overheat. Always looking to upgrade and enhance her gun. Does not react well to being called Mari.

- Blank. Was a traveling merchant who was passing throughMarissas village at the time it was attacked. Lost all his wares and wound up joining the rebellion out of necessity.

- Slate. An unknown patchwork man. Seems to speak in a different voice every time he shows up.

- Silvair, aka, Chaos. Caretaker of Sylviana, he is also the most wamted man in Horizon. Usually very lax but has unique abilities to control how objects interact with each other, making him a Living Catalyst. Usually internalizes this ability to change how he reacts to his enviroent, as applying the abilities directly to the environment can be catastrophic. However, the more he uses his power, the less he is able to focus on anything. So he minimizes his abilities, lest he go berserk. lives in solitude in The Veil, a canyon of eternal rainfall. General DeMera seems to be his personal nemesis.

- Lily Chomei. A "fairy", she is able to navigate the world with ease, due to a combination of her four wings, imsectpid abilities, and uncanny ability to control plant growth. Very pure hearted and always seen with a smile on her face, she is a close friend of Silvair an usually acts as his messenger.

Sylviana "Sylvie" Argentus. Aka, The Daughter. Firstborn of the new generation of "forest elves", a race of people who she to be a mix of humans and gray foxes. She was almost killed alongside her parents by a Horizon scouting party, she was saved and taken in by Silvair. As her more natural approach to things contrasts with his overly analytical and admittedly detached viewpoint, she often acts as Silvairs voice of reason, and moral anchor.

- Michael Sinclair. Owner of the most popular hotspot in Horizon, the nightclub Haven. A very jovial fellow, he is known to offer sanctuary to parties both with and opposed to the empire of Horizon, having taken an officially neutral stance on the affair. Unofficially however, he is in a romantic relationship with Marissa Malone, key member of the rebellion. Older brother to Vanessa.

- wilhouer. A member of the reptilian Troll race, who, much like the elves, have only recently revealed themselves to the world. One of their best hunters, he officially opposed Horizon after they killed his brother figure, a member of the Rebellion. Despite the Trolls' usual hatred of Elves, seems to have a thing for Sylviana.

- Sapphire. Princess of the Angels, she is a massive creature with equally large wings, which belies her extremely shy and gentle demeanor. Her people would rather have not revealed their existence to the world, but Horizon forced their hand. Her culture values having one leg bare as a status symbol.

- Vermilion The Massacre. A former weapons designer for Horizon, she was devastated after the loss of her mother and three sisters. Becoming blind with a sorrow filled rage, she roams the wilderness, destroying all in her path, until q chance encounter with Sylviana

- Vanessa Sinclair. Younger sister of Michael, she is known for her brash, outgoing personality, in contrast yo her brothers laid back, passive attitude. This even extends to their style of music. While Michael will use ambient sound, Vanessa will drown out all else with her music. Has her sights set on Silvair, and is usually reprimanded by the others for her comedically inappropriate actions, as she is very open with her advances.

King. Mysterious swordsman traveling with norah. He and Silvair never acknowledge each other.wields two machetes.

Norah Crescent, aka rook. A towering behemoth of a woman, she always has a stern expression on her face, as if intently focusing on something. Seems to be comepleteky invulnerable to not only attacks, but forces of nature, though had never been seen attacking. Does not like Silvair for his seemingly undisciplined approach to things

Dió Monde. A subterranean golem made out of a crystalline material. One of the four elemental avatars, he retreated to seclusion deep underground after the incident that turned him into an Element and robbed him of his love and life

Amber. Turned mute and unable to stand due to the loss of her feet upon conversion to the Fire Elemental, she now has a body made of gelatinous magma contained by a a slick, rubbery membrane. As she is too hot to AIT on anything without melting through it, she is forced to remain floating at all times, interacting with most things with her 8 (9?) Orbs of fire, one of which must remain as the "base" for her center of gravity. When not in use, the orbs appear in a fire wheel pattern behind her, and they began to skin in rings around her when she is agitated. She usually communicates by sky writing with her orbs flame trails. Currently under Horizons control with the other two elementals.

I left out a lot for the sake of no spoilers but you get the gist.

Argentus

Holy crap I found my old concepts

10493083_1496354360614954_6599315516071250318_o.jpg

10483114_1496354433948280_2291511172953233750_o.jpg

10615616_1496354500614940_7727032913832063349_n.jpg

10626809_1496354537281603_5040629982681138931_n.jpg

10470166_1496354620614928_6106541611037629509_o.jpg

10631134_1496354693948254_5910836634918940869_o.jpg

Yeah that's why I stuck to full fur. Just cat girl style looks awkward.

I just realized her clothes haven't changed at ALL since initial concept.

Also two others. Early versions of Marissa before she was overhauled into a badass, and an early head sketch of silvair all revved up.

10608333_1496355330614857_4090675342465585329_o.jpg

10452928_1496355283948195_2410974235526406431_o.jpg

Ghosty-J

Holy crud dude, your art is awesome. This thread is awesome too :cool:
I'd post my stuff here too, but I already do that in another thread. So I dunno lol

Argentus

Holy crud dude, your art is awesome. This thread is awesome too :cool:
I'd post my stuff here too, but I already do that in another thread. So I dunno lol
Lol the stuff in that last post was done with references but thanks. What thread are you posting in? The DOA art thread or am I missing one?

Screw it post it here too!

I wish I could still draw like this. But these are stuff from back in school and I have not kept up practice.

10536500_1496352860615104_168843996047944984_o.jpg

10403885_1496352880615102_852753504853737701_o.jpg

10001031_1496352907281766_5832983398166234026_o.jpg

10550084_1496353857281671_9052333202227177673_o.jpg

1492171_1496353893948334_3807456146676302271_o.jpg

10644762_1496355163948207_383879529071336265_o.jpg

Trying to get back into it though.

synce

It's good that you're drawing from reference, that's the best way to improve. You will grow more as an artist doing just 1 drawing from reference than 100 drawings from imagination

Argentus

It's good that you're drawing from reference, that's the best way to improve. You will grow more as an artist doing just 1 drawing from reference than 100 drawings from imagination
Hard to find the right references sometimes.

Ghosty-J

Lol the stuff in that last post was done with references but thanks. What thread are you posting in? The DOA art thread or am I missing one?

Screw it post it here too!
It's a thread I made last year dedicated to making DoA5 parody comics. But I use it as a thread to host my abridged replays since that didn't keep going for as long as I'd hoped. I've been on a hiatus from that for a while, so I try to post some art that has SOME slight relevance to DoA5.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/a-combination-of-boredom-and-too-much-doa5.1672/page-61
Thread linking to the page with the latest upload.

And since this hasn't been uploaded to the thread, may as well post it here XD

tumblr_nb07b6Fy1U1sfee6to1_1280.png

Argentus

It's a thread I made last year dedicated to making DoA5 parody comics. But I use it as a thread to host my abridged replays since that didn't keep going for as long as I'd hoped. I've been on a hiatus from that for a while, so I try to post some art that has SOME slight relevance to DoA5.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/a-combination-of-boredom-and-too-much-doa5.1672/page-61
Thread linking to the page with the latest upload.

And since this hasn't been uploaded to the thread, may as well post it here XD

tumblr_nb07b6Fy1U1sfee6to1_1280.png
Awesome!

I like her hair like that, rather than the "knights helmet" look id has normally.

Also I got bored and gender swapped Wargreymon.

10443073_1483427118574345_1005234275148714588_o.jpg

Last edited:

indieanimator

Hey, thanks for this topic. Nice work to those creating art & posting in here. I've tried to get art accepted by eightysixed for their weekly contest twice before. No idea how many people I'm competing against.
https://www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline

This one's my third attempt. I posted it at Skullheart forums as well. Double & Eliza are a bit crowded on the bottom. Let me know if you'd change anything.

Oh, here are the previous two attempts as well.

SGCast.png
SG1.png
Fortune1.png

Argentus

Took me FOREVER to figure out a hairstyle for this girl. But got an idea after seeing art of Sonson from mvc2.

Here's the original sketch (top left is when she starts out normal)
1497966_1503471046569952_2818265888939548399_o.jpg

Here's the most recent version
10547781_1503455699904820_8052871001505817517_o.jpg

Thoughts?

Tirahrr

Sup, I'm back.

These characters are all really interesting. Really love Marissa and her backstory. So are all these characters part of a certain group? Or at least some of them? Just curious how they're connected.

As for the character's hair, I like them all a lot except for the one in the bottom right corner on the first picture but that's just me and what I like and don't like. The most recent versions work well though, because they all look similar with slight changes so it makes the character more ... recognisable, for a lack of better word.

On a different but still related topic, I'm making one of my own characters but I'm having a problem where I have a tendency to subconsciously take signifying components of other characters rather than making them unique. Like sure, you can call it drawing inspiration but idk ... I look at the character and now I just see a combination of Storm from X-men, Elesa from Pokemon and Thor from well ... Thor (who was my original inspiration anyway so that one's ok).

Anyway, I thought I may as well share and ask for some advice or at least some consolation that I'm not the only one that has this problem. ^^;;

Argentus

Sup, I'm back.

These characters are all really interesting. Really love Marissa and her backstory. So are all these characters part of a certain group? Or at least some of them? Just curious how they're connected.

As for the character's hair, I like them all a lot except for the one in the bottom right corner on the first picture but that's just me and what I like and don't like. The most recent versions work well though, because they all look similar with slight changes so it makes the character more ... recognisable, for a lack of better word.

On a different but still related topic, I'm making one of my own characters but I'm having a problem where I have a tendency to subconsciously take signifying components of other characters rather than making them unique. Like sure, you can call it drawing inspiration but idk ... I look at the character and now I just see a combination of Storm from X-men, Elesa from Pokemon and Thor from well ... Thor (who was my original inspiration anyway so that one's ok).

Anyway, I thought I may as well share and ask for some advice or at least some consolation that I'm not the only one that has this problem. ^^;;

Well all of my character s take direct influences from existing ones, as you can see from notes on my sketches. Norah is inspired by Brandon Heat and Freya Crescent, Wilhouer is inspired by Naked Snake, Brooklyn, and Skyrim Argonians. But I insist in giving them a unique twist each to differentiate them.

But then characters like Sylvie and King, who were created with no direct influences, and the direct result left Sylvie as a female Tails, and King accidently wound up an exact replica of King Bradley lol.

That is exactly why I have a personal rule of at least one unique take on all "stock' character traits. Nothing is COMPLETELY original lol. Hell, Marissa originated as a mishmash if Rubi Malone from WET and Marissa ronson from operation raccoon city. Hence Marissa Malone. (Not great with names lol) character evolved from that since but her starting point was inspired by others . I have a whole character arc laid out for her.

And yeah all the characters on that sheet are members of the rebellion at one point or another in the story. Not all at the same time though. If you want I could actually go into detail about how they are connected. I should stay it will be spoilers but who knows when I'll actually be able to continue the comic.

On hair yeah...I wanted to keep sideburns but make it so her upper hair could go forward or back for totally different appearances. Just a helluva time making that work.

Argentus

@indieanimator
On the first radial roster one, I would suggest balancing it out q little more. Have the two larger character's, cerebella and big band, at east and west, filia at north, anti filia at south, and others in between to give it an overall more balanced distribution, keeping size and heights in mind.

@Tirahrr hey now you can't "like" a post but not respond lol.

Tirahrr

@Tirahrr hey now you can't "like" a post but not respond lol.
But I don't really have much else to say, you answered all my questions. I don't really need to know exactly how they all come together, I was just curious if they did have connections.

But to update on my own character, I am still feeling like I was drawing too much reference from other things so I'm planning to change her hair so she doesn't resemble Elesa from Pokemon anymore at least. The new idea looks good in my head actually, better than the old design so that's some good news. However, I have yet to draw it out on paper.

Argentus

But I don't really have much else to say, you answered all my questions. I don't really need to know exactly how they all come together, I was just curious if they did have connections.

But to update on my own character, I am still feeling like I was drawing too much reference from other things so I'm planning to change her hair so she doesn't resemble Elesa from Pokemon anymore at least. The new idea looks good in my head actually, better than the old design so that's some good news. However, I have yet to draw it out on paper.

Yeah id say its fine to start inspired by existing characters, then branch off from their. Let the story evolve the character

One of the characters, Sapphire, is at that point. She woukdbt appear in the story for a while so I'm just gonna let the rest if the story shape her differently from the inspirations

Ghosty-J

I have a few OCs of my own. Only problem is I never had any villains. So I decided to sketch a few up on a whim to fix that problem.

tumblr_nbrbg9GU1f1sfee6to1_1280.png

Also, WHERE DA HELLSING FANS AT??? :U

tumblr_nbvq0bR1Ak1sfee6to1_1280.png

Ghosty-J

Nice. I can't do muscles or anatomy for shit lol
Thanks. Kinda comes with the territory of being overly obsessed with muscles as much as I am. That, and this blog certainly helped me a lot. Your anatomy is pretty good from what I can tell. Just study up on how that crud works and your muscles will be legit :cool:

http://fucktonofanatomyreferencesreborn.tumblr.com/
Some reference posts are NSFW, so be wary of that lol

Meztrov

Oh what there's another thread thingy for art here too!

Sweet, well I just bought a printer/scanner for resume stuff due to my previous printer breaking, on my fist, but also for scanning pieces that I've drawn by hand (it's how I work) so I can digitally work on them, This is something I'm working on at the momentView attachment 7482 ...nothing DOA related, yet....

crap photo, use of flash to reduce the shake, because it was at night...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD