Currently compiling Dead or Alive ++ Information, Any help would be appreciated.

gamemaster14

As you all may know Dead or Alive ++ Released in 1998 on the Sony Zn (Custom TPS Bios) hardware is one of the lesser known doa games. Its fighting system is a unique combination of features from doa1 and some new stuff that would later be used in doa2. It features a 6 point hold system and all characters from the playstation version plus a few unique costumes.

I am currently compiling information about the game (most of which I am figuring out from playing the original arcade board) for a future website section in order to get information about this most unknown piece of the doa series.

Currently I have information on the semi-final and final matches for all characters (6 matches before then are random) as well as who has new stages/music (soundtrack will be released in mp3 format captured directly from the board eventually.

Gultigargar

Not sure exactly what info you're looking for, but I guess I can just list some of the stuff I found interesting.

- New ground game, similar to DOA2's
- Stun system with a threshold similar to DOA2's, though stunning moves were not as common as they were in DOA2.
- Simplified inputs. Throws are now just inputted with :h::+::P: instead of the weird seemingly random button combinations they used to be. Another example is Ayane's :214::P: being changed to being just :4::P:, as well as Raidou's :6::1::2::3::4::h: being simplified to :426::h:.
- Some DOA2 moves were implemented. For example, Ryu has his :8::K::K: from DOA2 instead of using Kasumi's :8::K:. Raidou also got some move changes like getting Bass's :3::3::P:.

gamemaster14

Thanks for the reply, anything at all helps. In playing the game, I noticed the Bass move that Raidou had, pretty cool.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ah, I an go into length over DOA++. If you have any quesetions just ask. I'm fairly sure I've posted details about it on here before. I can explain the hold system if you'd want.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
As for the hold system.

Yes, the article I believe is correct in the hold notations. However there is something often misunderstood. The Six point hold system is only applicable when you're in critical stun. In neutral, it's a four point hold system.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just to be clear. At neutral you have the :h: and :2::h: parry system, but you are able to do the Mid point defensive holds with :6::4::h: and :214::h:. In critical state your 6 point system's high and lows just do the neutral system's parries if they connect.

So a way to describe it is, you can always do mid punch and mid kick defensive holds. In order to do the high and low parries you'll have to use the specific notation when in critical state for the height/attack type appropriate.

gamemaster14

I had planned to make this video fairly soon but unfortunately my video converter has decided it does not want to display anything at Standard Resolution so I am currently waiting for another video converter to come in.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD