Dead or Alive 2 - Comparison DC / PS2 Releases

Kronin

If someone could be interested, I report this link where are listed many differenced between the different releases of Doa2 for DC and PS2 through the years.

http://www.alex-in-wonderland.com/VideoGames/DeadOrAlive/DOA2Home.html

I note however that the comparison don't examine the differences about the mechanism of the gameplay, but stages, modes, characters, number of costumes included, and overall several miscellaneous and curiosities really hard to find.

synce

There's a wiki??

But that web design seriously takes me back... Geocities, Hometown, Xanga...

Here's another retro DOA2 site, contains all dialogue in English and Japanese

This is fun to look at too

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There's a wiki??

wiki.png

-_-

Kronin

Clearly, this man has never been to an arcade.

These the info that I know on the millennium edition, based on what is written on deadoralive.wikia:

Millennium Arcade release: January 2000 (JAP)

Based on the Dead or Alive 2 Millennium Edition, the PlayStation 2 port of Dead or Alive 2 suffered poor anti-aliasing and screen resolution as well as possessing certain glitches that could cause the game to lock up inVersus Mode. Despite that, however, the game possessed deeper colour depth and was released with both a regular version and a limited edition version; which entailed variant packaging.

And Mr. Wah don't worry about your wiki, I knew it and you can't understand how I found useful the dictionary about the terminology used in the DoA games ^^

Kronin

That description is of DOA2 for the JP PS2... not DOA2ME.

Yes I know, the first line reported was the only important, to understand that Doa2ME is similar to Doa2 JP PS2: "Based on the Dead or Alive 2 Millennium Edition, the PlayStation 2 port of Dead or Alive 2 (...) ".

Sadly I don't know other info about Doa2ME..

synce

Recently I discovered doa2 is finally playable on pcsx2, so I thought it was a good opportunity to do some direct comparisons with the dc ver

doa2b-dc.jpg

doa2b-ps2.jpg

Got a couple more here if you're into that sorta thing.

Too bad no one cares to make an Xbox emulator so I can do Ultimate lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Got a couple more here if you're into that sorta thing.

Too bad no one cares to make an Xbox emulator so I can do Ultimate lol

People do, it's just difficult. If they did make it I'd be playing DOA3.1 over a netcode all-day-every-day.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Arcade version is still way better than any of these. It's just that we can't capture footage from the Naomis right now, otherwise I would've done a big picture dump of how good it looks. Some character models look different from their console counterpart. Seriously, for a game made for Naomi1 boards, it's actually very good looking.

KwonJigglypuff

I want to see the differences on the character (especially Tina since she seems to be a bit more different than the others) from the Naomi to the PS2. Would be nice if someone could take pictures (from the TV screen I guess). I don't know how this work.. sounds interesting.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD