Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Ayane's English Voice

Hello there to you all This is my first post on here, and i wanted to start of by saying hi and nice to meet you all
I have a Puzzle that has bothered me for some time, and this site is the only place that can help.

it says that in DOA5 she is voiced by Brittney Harvey, but i just don't see how this can be. as when you listen to her voice files, Ayane sounds JUST like Janice Kawaye. and some of her dialogue in DOA6 seem to be Clearly recycled audio from DoA5.
And seeing as Janice Kawaye was already in DO6 and Ninja Gaiden, it seems mad to just get someone else. And also lets say for a sec that it is Brittney Harvey, and she can doe a flawless impersonation Of Janice Kawaye, why not just get Janice Kawaye. none of this adds up.

can anyone help me with this Puzzle?

Thank you. and again its great to meet you all.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hello there to you all This is my first post on here, and i wanted to start of by saying hi and nice to meet you all
I have a Puzzle that has bothered me for some time, and this site is the only place that can help.

it says that in DOA5 she is voiced by Brittney Harvey, but i just don't see how this can be. as when you listen to her voice files, Ayane sounds JUST like Janice Kawaye. and some of her dialogue in DOA6 seem to be Clearly recycled audio from DoA5.
And seeing as Janice Kawaye was already in DO6 and Ninja Gaiden, it seems mad to just get someone else. And also lets say for a sec that it is Brittney Harvey, and she can doe a flawless impersonation Of Janice Kawaye, why not just get Janice Kawaye. none of this adds up.

can anyone help me with this Puzzle?

Thank you. and again its great to meet you all.
Its not really a puzzle. If you notice in DOA5, Brittney Harvey voices Ayane in all her lines, but in DOA6 because she couldn't reprise her role, likely due to schedule and maybe not wanting to do it again, they gave Janice Kawaye the role, she voices her in NG.

But in 6, instead of doing what they did for the actors like Christie and Rig and Mila and Rachel where they gave them new voices, they kept Ayane's battle quotes from doa5 and replaced most of Ayane's audio with Janice redoing the lines(Don't make me laugh, etc) but they kept most of Ayane's battle grunts and replaced only mainly her intros and outros, it's noticeable since Janice uses a similar pitch but with different speech patterns.

TLDR: Brittney has her main battle lines used in DOA6, while Janice voices basically all of her new lines with a few re records like "Don't make me laugh" but most of what you hear that sounds the same in 6 is reused English dub lines, likely to not have to have Janice do much since they both speak similar and Janice is a veteran Ayane voice over in NG. I'm 100% positive too that the Break blow dialogue ninpo voice that Ayane uses is Janice since Janice is actually able to also speak fluent Japanese, so in the long run it made more sense to keep Brittney's voice work and simply hire Janice to do the rest of what couldn't be done for a cheaper and less messy re record. Anna and Julia in Tekken 7 also have their voice situation like this and most of the english dialogue is mainly older used lines with few lines from a new VA like Nina and Julia who use the same new VAs from TTT2 and many others

Last edited:
Ahhh i see thank you very much indeed =) and it does make sense to have her doing the Break blow dialogue ninpo as she does speak fluent Japanese like in the ep of MLAATR.
I still think is odd that they didn't credit Brittney Harvey or say the role of ayane was shared, like the did with Hitomi.

But still Thank you very much.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Ahhh i see thank you very much indeed =) and it does make sense to have her doing the Break blow dialogue ninpo as she does speak fluent Japanese like in the ep of MLAATR.
I still think is odd that they didn't credit Brittney Harvey or say the role of ayane was shared, like the did with Hitomi.

Welcome to the forum! Britney Harvey was replaced for unknown reasons. As far as I understand she had ZERO involvement with DOA6. KT likely owned the rights to her voice work for future adaptations of DOA and they forgot to credit her or were legally allowed to not credit her.

Welcome to the forum! Britney Harvey was replaced for unknown reasons. As far as I understand she had ZERO involvement with DOA6. KT likely owned the rights to her voice work for future adaptations of DOA and they forgot to credit her or were legally allowed to not credit her.
Thank you very much for the welcome =)
and KT owning the rights would make sense too Thank you.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

That's the thing, TN seems to be able to use their VA's old work which is likely so they won't have to redo much for their current games compared to their DW and SW orochi series where they usually always have new lines but a ton of characters in one game that they have to pay in Japan

I don't think it's an issue with no credit tho, the Japanese VAs always get credit but if you're a union or non union VA, you may or may not get direct credit which I think is the case for the new VAs like Christie while the more prominent new VAs like Diego's and Nico's have direct credit. In other games like Tekken and SC, their were games where they reused voices and clips but didn't directly credit them but that's likely a Namco thing for when they work with less prominent or VAs who likely aren't planning to reprise their roles

WHOA! I thought Ayane's English voice was the same from 5 all throughout. I never noticed. Now I'm gonna start paying more attention to her new lines. Such a good replacement. I love all Ayane's English voices. They all sound like cats. lol

UpSideDownGRUNT

Reject english Ayane and welcome Wakana Yamazaki into your life. She has voiced Ayane since DOA1.

Jokes aside like KasumiLover said it's likely just reused battle grunts while the actual dialogue is redone. Tekken still uses the english dub battle grunts from T5 and T6 for Lili and Miguel despite the spoken dialogue being a completely new VA that speak a different language.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD