Dead Or Alive 5 Patch Changes

Gill Hustle

Exactly who cares? So why did they take it out for no reason? Just shows how they will never-ever give a rematch option because you would need to see ur opponents cursor to even know they wanted a rematch..

I bodied this kid who thought it funny to taunt me on the ice stage using slip shenanigans.

I chose to save the match for my own amusement.

He sent me repeated hate messages.

That's my guess.

Before I would wait for the other person to hit rematch in simple match. So I guess now I'll just hit it if I wanna play again and wait.

synce

Patch sounds great, but I wonder if they improved the 360's netcode too or just made the PS3 as "good" as 360's. The PS3 version seemed laggier to me

Also if there's any Mila or Alpha players let me know what they did to them, if anything :)

I bodied this kid who thought it funny to taunt me on the ice stage using slip shenanigans.

I chose to save the match for my own amusement.

He sent me repeated hate messages.

That's my guess.

Before I would wait for the other person to hit rematch in simple match. So I guess now I'll just hit it if I wanna play again and wait.

Hmm I guess it did have some kind of awkward feeling to it seeing your opponent saving the replay where you just got owned.. It's a funny story in a way and I don't see a need to defend these people from their own rage. To most people getting those messages is a memorable and in a dirty way pleasurable feeling.

I just realized that simple match does have the rematch option. I guess that confirms there will be no rematches in ranked.
Dunno if less ragers after a match is worth the 5 second wait to see if someone wants a rematch (in simple) but I guess either way I'm fine with it.

DyByHands

So as of now for the PS3, I take it the patch makes the online more enjoyable? Ive been holding out buying some XBL for them to fix things. So, I hope it translates to the 360 good.

ProvesaDark

Yes, the PS3 online is playing great. I would even go as far as saying it plays like SCV. Which was said to have the best netcode of any fighting game.

Zeo

We've gone from the worst 3D fighting game netcode to the best in a single patch? Please let this patch come to 360 soon. Though I've heard that TTT2 has the best netcode of any fighting game, and I've heard more good things for VF5FS where as I've gotten a lot of mixed reception from SCV's online.

TheTHCGamer

We've gone from the worst 3D fighting game netcode to the best in a single patch? Please let this patch come to 360 soon. Though I've heard that TTT2 has the best netcode of any fighting game, and I've heard more good things for VF5FS where as I've gotten a lot of mixed reception from SCV's online.
SCV's netcode is alright but its not as good as the other games you mentioned not even close. Also are ranked matches taking longer to find or is it just me?

Keylay

THANK YOU TEAM NINJA! I just played my first lag free battle. I tried so many different settings on my router before to get DOA5 to play smoother and they all failed. But after the update, gameplay was actually smooth. I don't know why some of my combos aren't working but I'll take it for now.

Chaos

The A.I. is sooo fucked up especially when you fight against Sarah, my gosh! I fucking HATE that bitch! She is one of the worse I REPEAT one of the worse characters to face because No matter how good my mix ups are she will block EVERY SINGLE ATTACK I throw out and when I try to destroy this psycho bitch she ends up SS/counters everything & its like whats the point of attacking if she reads me like a book.
Who ever program the A.I. like this needs to get a Izuna drop on their fucking head head.

TheTHCGamer

The A.I. is sooo fucked up especially when you fight against Sarah, my gosh! I fucking HATE that bitch! She is one of the worse I REPEAT one of the worse characters to face because No matter how good my mix ups are she will block EVERY SINGLE ATTACK I throw out and when I try to destroy this sycho bitch she ends up SS/counters everything & its like whats the point of attacking if she reads me like a book.
Who ever program the A.I. like this needs to get a Izuna drop on their fucking head head.
Im pretty sure it doesnt matter what character the AI uses because on the hardest settings all the CPU does is automatically react to your button presses. Its pretty damn annoying and forces you to find a pattern that you have to keep repeating just to win.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I enjoy this new netcode greatly.

I still hate PSN and the fact that most of its users run on the most ghetto of connections possible though. It's like they purposely try to do everything in their power to make a good thing bad.

Hiryu

Kudos to Team Ninja for fixing, at least, so many bugs that people addressed. It's a shame that it seems it's never enough for other people. I feel lucky that they listen to us, but they can't nor should please everyone. At one point, enough will be enough.

When I studied kendo and ia-tate-do (a mix of combative sword drawing katas), my sensei gave me a quote to live by:

"Nothing is perfect, just balance."

It's a little cliche, but to me, it's suppose to teach that you can never attain true perfection, yet the pursuit of perfection and the acceptance of limitations finds an attainable balance to fulfill a personal contentment.

DOA5 is so much fun to play that it can relieve stress from work and worries in everyday life. I don't find many games nowadays that can do that for me.

Raansu

I enjoy this new netcode greatly.

I still hate PSN and the fact that most of its users run on the most ghetto of connections possible though. It's like they purposely try to do everything in their power to make a good thing bad.

Probably because the majority of them are foolishly running their PS3's on a wireless connection.

shunwong

Is the xbox patch out? I downloaded an update today when I was going to play a quick match but I didn't check what it was as I was in a hurry. I'll check later tonight. It might have been the patch or an xbox system update.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD