Dead or Alive 6 has the worst input lag of all fighting games

NightAntilli

They don't mention the input lag of PC or Xbox in the article. Even more funny is that the base PS4 has less input lag compared to the PS4 Pro.
https://ougaming.com/3/6078/analysi...has-the-worst-input-latency-in-fighting-games

I was able to feel the difference in input lag between DOA4 and DOA5, and that was 1 frame of difference;

I can also feel the difference in input lag of DOA6 on Xbox One and DOA6 on PC... I have already indicated in other forums that this time the input lag difference between DOA6 PC and DOA6 XBox One (base) is more in the range of 2-3 frames rather than 1 frame. I can simply feel it and it falls in line with the findings above.

Sotherius

Not news, but a huge problem, a game that is taken as a joke for the most of the fgc also having the worst input lag of all...
While it is possible to fix those kind of issues, i'm not sure they can.
It also is going to be a dealbreaker for a lot of people that will try the game oronly have a ps4 to play games

WAZAAAAA

another tester (WydD) came up with the same conclusion...
DOA6 is dead last right now in responsiveness and stability (the SamSho demo doesn't count because it has been fixed and re-tested)

DOA6 lags more than DOA5LR even on PC just saying.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
@WAZAAAAA - Damn, I knew it was bad, but the worst.... btw, when was that test done? Is it recent? There's no chance they could have improved it since then?

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I must follow that man. Also, I will be sure to add this to my ammo against Koei Tecmo.

Tina_Dead_or_Alive_3_Ending_HD.gif

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

I recently tried playing DOA6 on Xbox One because my game pass has XBL and I felt like my inputs wasn't even working meanwhile my opponents was acting as if there was no lag at all.

Meanwhile I press a button and the moves is super late lol. Too much PC DOA5 I guess.

Bogetsu

Certaintly, the DOA6 on Xbox One (base) has even worst input lag than PS4. Is it any different playing on Xbox One X? since it was pressumed to be the only one to support 4K res.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I thought XBO was slightly better: https://displaylag.com/input-lag-tests-for-dead-or-alive-6/

Yeah, they only tested it on all the consoles for the demo, but seeing how the full release of the game on PS4 wasn't much better than the demo's results I think it's fair to say the full version of the XBO version wouldn't be so different from its demo results either.

(in before PC master race comments)

inochinagi

Standard Donor
General input lag is a different thing from online lag, btw. Online on XBO I hardly ever find very laggy matches, personally.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD