Dead or Alive 6 (PC)

Yeah I don't get it either but I have a Cousin and a Friend who absolutely cannot play on Pad.... tThey are literally Keyboard Warriors.

I just upgraded my Machine so I would also like to know if I'm Compatible.
DOA is actually playable on keyboard it's just that you have to map it at certain way and have fast reflexes. But holding and throws are a pain.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
DOA is actually playable on keyboard it's just that you have to map it at certain way and have fast reflexes. But holding and throws are a pain.
That's why you buy a Hitbox for PS3/4 that's also compatible with PC. I'm on day 2 of learning how to use mine and the only real obstacle I face at the moment is that the up is on the bottom, but I've figured out that I like to position my hands so that my first three digits on my left hand are 4,2,6 and just use my right hand for the up and face buttons.

Lulu

That's why you buy a Hitbox for PS3/4 that's also compatible with PC. I'm on day 2 of learning how to use mine and the only real obstacle I face at the moment is that the up is on the bottom, but I've figured out that I like to position my hands so that my first three digits on my left hand are 4,2,6 and just use my right hand for the up and face buttons.

Interesting.... I would have thought for sure nobody would use their right hand for the jump button.... good to know Somebody out there is benefitting from that design.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Interesting.... I would have thought for sure nobody would use their right hand for the jump button.... good to know Somebody out there is benefitting from that design.
Yeah I spent the first day just seeing what felt natural and I found that using my left index to input the 6 and then right thumb for the 8 and then popping my right index down onto the face button for 9K with Lisa flows better for me for some reason. It also makes inputting her Deja Vu faster for me for some reason. :p

Lulu

Yeah I spent the first day just seeing what felt natural and I found that using my left index to input the 6 and then right thumb for the 8 and then popping my right index down onto the face button for 9K with Lisa flows better for me for some reason. It also makes inputting her Deja Vu faster for me for some reason. :p

LoL... I'm so jealous right now. :D

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
LoL... I'm so jealous right now. :D
It's an interesting challenge! The only reason I'm trying to pick it up as my primary control medium is because logically it makes sense for me. I didn't grow up with Arcades around me so sticks feel foreign, and while I'm good at pad I always get irritated by the Dpad throwing out incorrect inputs. Enter: Hitbox. I've spent the last 14 years utilizing a keyboard for work and home recreation and I do a lot of report typing and data entry so my dexterity on a keyboard is pretty immaculate so Hitbox is the natural evolution for me since I have a love hate relationship with pad.

That and lol It's addicting to play on because you constantly hear the report of every input leading to some pretty sick rapid burst fire clacks for :236:,:426:,:268:,:6842:, and:4::6: inputs.

Lulu

The only reason I'm trying to pick it up as my primary control medium is because logically it makes sense for me. I didn't grow up with Arcades around me so sticks feel foreign, and while I'm good at pad I always get irritated by the Dpad throwing out incorrect inputs.

Oh I know the feeling all too well.... LoL... the dirty looks you get when you tell people that jump was actually suppose to be a Fireball.

That and lol It's addicting to play on because you constantly hear the report of every input leading to some pretty sick rapid burst fire clacks for :236:,:426:,:268:,:6842:, and:4::6: inputs.

Every combo doubles as a sick Drum Solo :p

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Every combo doubles as a sick Drum Solo :p
They threw out a hold trying to catch one of Lisa's CB annnnnnd

Dejavu
tumblr_lz8zb05sqv1qh1byio1_500.gif

GarryJaune

DOA6 pc version is a good option,but I'd like to save my money to buy fighting games on consoles because...
Bot cheaters incoming~
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just see DOA5LR pc version lol

Last edited:

NightAntilli

DOA6 pc version is a good option,but I'd like to save my money to buy fighting games on consoles because...
Bot cheatesr incoming~
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Just see DOA5LR pc version lol
True. I've beaten bots though, even though it was a huge nightmare to do so. You have to completely switch your way of playing.

And despite the bots... The PC version plays a lot nicer than the console version. There is a huge difference in input lag.

GarryJaune

True. I've beaten bots though, even though it was a huge nightmare to do so. You have to completely switch your way of playing.

And despite the bots... The PC version plays a lot nicer than the console version. There is a huge difference in input lag.
you beat him just because he literally dragged on bot lol
basically,if bot cheater throws away his gamepad and standing there,you can't even touch him

NightAntilli

you beat him just because he literally dragged on bot lol
basically,if bot cheater throws away his gamepad and standing there,you can't even touch him
There is a way actually, but, I don't want to reveal it so that the bot is not adapted to clear that very little oversight and used against me in the future xD Not sure if it works with all characters.

WAZAAAAA

There is a way actually, but, I don't want to reveal it so that the bot is not adapted to clear that very little oversight and used against me in the future xD Not sure if it works with all characters.
I see Leifang is your main. Are you talking about 1K which never gets held?

Barrogh

That's why you buy a Hitbox for PS3/4 that's also compatible with PC.
From my perspective, hitbox doesn't solve issues that stem from the fact you use buttons instead of a stick / d-pad. If you can do harder stuff on hitbox, you can as well do the same on keyboard provided similar button layout.

Hitbox sure works if you are keyboard warrior and want to travel though. That's the reason I contemplated buying one, at least.

ryu_highabusa

I wish they'd go back to DOA1's 2-point hold system with inputs :4::h: and :2::h: (and obviously also allow some looseness with 7H and 1H respectively). It would make it easier for keyboard and hitbox players, just saying...

NightAntilli

I see Leifang is your main. Are you talking about 1K which never gets held?
Didn't even know about that one, so thanks xD

I wish they'd go back to DOA1's 2-point hold system with inputs :4::h: and :2::h: (and obviously also allow some looseness with 7H and 1H respectively). It would make it easier for keyboard and hitbox players, just saying...
Yeah... No. I'm never for dumbing down a game to cater to a small demographic. If you can't put in diagonals on a keyboard you're doing something wrong. You won't even be able to attack properly since there are many many moves in the game that require diagonal inputs.

Lulu

If you can't put in diagonals on a keyboard you're doing something wrong.
Actually he's doing nothing wrong... Keyboards can't accept more than 3 simultaneous key presses and in some cases even 3 are too many...

That being said theres nothing that can'l be done about that without reducing the number of hold types...

As for Hitbox Controllers... that just takes some getting use to... I think one of the mistakes people make one trying to do moves like :4::h: or :6::T: is they actually try to press those buttons at the exact same time like this :4::+::h: and thats just a recipe for disaster. Really I think what we're supposed to be doing is overlapping the inputs... first press :4: and keep it held down then press :h:...

Its going to be abit trickier for Diagonal Inputs but the principle remains the same... first press:4: and :2: and make sure their both held down before you press :h: and you should be fine....

The down side to playing this way is you won't be able to play KOF or Guilty Gear...

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Actually he's doing nothing wrong... Keyboards can't accept more than 3 simultaneous key presses and in some cases even 3 are too many...

That being said theres nothing that can'l be done about that without reducing the number of hold types...

As for Hitbox Controllers... that just takes some getting use to... I think one of the mistakes people make one trying to do moves like :4::h: or :6::T: is they actually try to press those buttons at the exact same time like this :4::+::h: and thats just a recipe for disaster. Really I think what we're supposed to be doing is overlapping the inputs... first press :4: and keep it held down then press :h:...

Its going to be abit trickier for Diagonal Inputs but the principle remains the same... first press:4: and :2: and make sure their both held down before you press :h: and you should be fine....

The down side to playing this way is you won't be able to play KOF or Guilty Gear...
Can confirm as a Hitbox user this is how they work. For example to do a qcf/hadoken you don't push down and then forwards because you get :2::6: you have to deliberately layer the inputs to get :2::3::6:. Holds operate the same way you have to hit :4: hold it and immediately after snap out the :h:. Once I got the rhythm down I found I was snapping holds out faster than pad (Which tests your patience in stun sometimes.

The hardest thing to get used to with hitbox is :7:,:8:, and :9:. High holds are a son of a gun because it's not intuitive at all on Hitbox. On Stick and Pad it's ezpz Hitbox makes it feel really weird. It's one of my biggest hurdles right now because my Lisa's :9:/:7::K:,:8::K:,BT:7::P:, and BT:7::K: are either nonexistent in matches or awkward and poorly timed. Which sucks because :6::P::8::K:, :7::K::6::P+K: is a staple in her optimal juggle strings.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD