Community Dead or Alive Online Toolbox - Collision Data Display + OTHER FEATURES

Mallo

Hello!

I've been doing some research into Dead or Alive Online's internals and was able to whip up a tool that may prove useful to those who may want to know about the game's internals.

FEATURES:
- View game collision data (hit/hurt spheres and hurt capsules)
- Correct the game's aspect ratio on widescreen mode (UI is still sadly stuck in original resolution, trying to fix)
- Change the game's speed and even pause the game.
- Put the camera in free-roam mode (WASD keys to move, Q and E to move up and down), still kinda clunky and unintuitive to use, also breaks a few stages.

USAGE:
- Inject the DLL using something like Cheat Engine
- Press INSERT to bring up the menu
- Have fun!

DOWNLOAD:
Link to source code and download

The tool still has some rough edges and uninutitive features, more improvements and fixes to come!

image.png

image (1).png

image.png

image (2).png

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
@deathofaninja front page this please. Hopefully gets more people interested in playing DOAO.

I'll look into it - I think the story itself for the front page would need more context for the casuals that do not have any clue of what this is. More than likely I'll handle the spread of the story with this as an inclusion. The topic creator will be fully credited if this is the case.

WAZAAAAA

Absolute kino, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Some notes about potentially adding this to the main game client by default:
- it's good that it's hidden by default and you need to first invoke it by pressing a key, nice and non-intrusive
- my trivial attempts at incorporating it to client3.exe have failed with error messages:
#renaming it to d3d9.dll = The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
#CFF Explorer on client3.exe -> Import Adder -> Add = Invalid PE file. Possible reason: no Export Table present.
- should we ever manage to tweak the dll in a way that it works "on boot", maybe it's useful to know that GPKitClt.dll is a pointless dummy DLL that can be replaced with anything (it's what I already did long ago, it was some kind of anti-cheat and to neutralize it I replaced it with a random small .dll that does nothing). I'd keep the "rename to d3d9.dll" option as a last resort because many mods out there rely on that trick, even the DXVK project which may or may not disturb Linux users (btw works on Wine)

now may I suggest a feature for cleaner hitbox displays that doesn't sound too painful to implement in theory
A toggleable black background.
same thing I asked AlexXsWx lol https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/hitboxes-visualizer-moveset-bin-swapper.8908/post-417621
+R goblins use that too with their CT

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD