Did anyone notice this? (Mila's face? 24 total characters?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

synce

FINAL ROSTER* (September 8, 2012)
*unconfirmed, but extremely likely - based on several official videos, and also info from FSD user wizzyx
[Kasumi] [Brad] [Mila] [Helena] [Kokoro] [Bayman] [Christie] [Rig] [Jann Lee] [Zack] [Ayane]
[Hayabusa] [Eliot] [Tina] [Lisa] [Akira] [Pai Chan] [Sarah] [Bass] [Leifang] [Hitomi] [Hayate]
..............................................[Gen Fu] [Random] [Alpha-152].................................................

From those characters, the unlockable ones are Akira, Pai Chan, Sarah, Gen Fu, and Alpha-152. There's no achievement for Pai or Gen

More Mila below (kickboxer/MMA)

>>CUTSCENE/GAMEPLAY VIDEO<< (warning: spoilers and english dub)
>alt link<

1347285535-dead-or-alive-5-360-00011083-1347273525-720p-mp4-snapshot-03-01-2012-09-10-15-57-06.jpg

Insomniac.png

U0feT.jpg

ORIGINAL POST BELOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Okay, I had a little too much free time today so here goes.

Take a look at this screenshot from the making-of video.
roster-blurry.jpg

Just for reference, here's the latest publicly revealed roster (from August IPL tourney):
roster-august.jpg

There's several things I want to note here, and they might've been pointed out before but I couldn't see anything about it. On the first screen:

1. The icons are closer to the edge of the screen, starting before the character's name.

2. There's a black icon under the subtitle, looks different from random so probably an unlockable character.

3. The characters:

Kasumi | Brad | ??? | Helena? | Kokoro | +6 more
Hayabusa | Eliot | Tina | Lisa | Akira? | +6 more
Pai? | Random? | ???

The main thing to note is that all the icon pictures in the first screen are completely identical to the ones in the latest build, and the mystery character has a relation to either Helena or Tina (my instinct says Helena). So there you have it. Probably our first glimpse at Mila.

Furthermore, it looks like the final game will have 24 characters if indeed there's 2 rows of 11 and a third mini-row with 2 hidden characters and random. I think we've only seen 21 so far including Helena and Genfu, so that leaves 3. Mila, Pai, and possibly someone else.

PhoenixVFIRE

Yup, like the others have said, this was talked about in the 12 Days of DOA5 thread and also like others have said, it's pretty interesting.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Well if it's just 24 characters, there's nothing else to look for. We already know the roster if this true. The rest of the roster is pretty much Mila, Genfu, Alpha 152,and Pai- there's your last 4, and there are probably no surprises.

I also feel pretty confident that this is it.

PhoenixVFIRE

Well if it's just 24 characters, there's nothing else to look for. We already know the roster if this true. The rest of the roster is pretty much Mila, Genfu, Alpha 152,and Pai- there's your last 4, and there are probably no surprises.
Am I the only one that see's a a big empty space where a video or something is suppose to be?

Paulina

Geez, I'm getting really restless for Mila ._. I'm starting to think she won't be announced at launch. Is that possible? Pai could easily remain hidden, and Alpha too, but revealing the new characters only hypes the game.

Maybe 1-2 weeks before launch? ;_;

PhoenixVFIRE

Geez, I'm getting really restless for Mila ._. I'm starting to think she won't be announced at launch. Is that possible? Pai could easily remain hidden, and Alpha too, but revealing the new characters only hypes the game.

Maybe 1-2 weeks before launch? ;_;
I think that Mila and Genfu will be revealed at Tokyo Game Show, which I think is September 20th? and I think that Alpha152 and Pai Chan will be those post release reveals. I've based this off of what they've said about characters reveals in general. When we were told that not all of them would be revealed before released and that they might be DoA and VF characters, I automatically assumed this is what would happen. I don't think they would make a BRAND new character a secret, wouldn't you want to show off the newbies of the franchise? I would, and the possible VF as secret basically solidified Pai's reveal for after IMO. I assume Genfu revealed before Alpha because he's a veteran, but Genfu has been an unlockable character for a while now, so that might switch places with it being Alpha and Mila being revealed instead of Genfu and Mila. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

EDIT:
Someone said Mila is supposed to be revealed tomorrow but I'm not sure where they got that from. I'm pretty sure she'll be revealed before launch.
That was "Awesmic Troll Status Thursdays", she's not getting revealed tomorrow.

Keylay

Someone said Mila is supposed to be revealed tomorrow but I'm not sure where they got that from. I'm pretty sure she'll be revealed before launch.

Master_Thespian

My main concern about Mila is that they missed their chance to get her out into the wild and have talented players test her. New characters usually are really, really good or really, really bad in their first outing.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I think that Alpha152 and Pai Chan will be those post release reveals.

Me too. Though I predict that Gen Fu will join them.

I don't think they would make a BRAND new character a secret, wouldn't you want to show off the newbies of the franchise? I would

I'm also thinking this. I'm pretty confident that TN will reveal Mila before release.

My theory is that we will see Mila revealed sometime in early to mid September, while Gen Fu, Pai, and Alpha will not be officially revealed, and instead just be discovered as unlockables after release. I think that Alpha-152 will simply be the unlockable boss character, maybe not the final boss, but a boss nonetheless. Pai will just be a random secret guest character. Gen Fu might be unlocked later in the story. Perhaps Eliot will finally confront Gen Fu about why he chose Eliot to be his apprentice. A cheesy battle ensues, and afterwards, surprise, Gen Fu is unlocked. I also suspect that some of the already revealed characters (perhaps Helena) will be locked too, just to up the number of unlockable characters.

My main concern about Mila is that they missed their chance to get her out into the wild and have talented players test her. New characters usually are really, really good or really, really bad in their first outing.

Agreed. She should have been playable a long time ago.

PhoenixVFIRE

Me too. Though I predict that Gen Fu will join them.

I'm also thinking this. I'm pretty confident that TN will reveal Mila before release.

My theory is that we will see Mila revealed sometime in early to mid September, while Gen Fu, Pai, and Alpha will not be officially revealed, and instead just be discovered as unlockables after release. I think that Alpha-152 will simply be the unlockable boss character, maybe not the final boss, but a boss nonetheless. Pai will just be a random secret guest character. Gen Fu might be unlocked later in the story. Perhaps Eliot will finally confront Gen Fu about why he chose Eliot to be his apprentice. A cheesy battle ensues, and afterwards, surprise, Gen Fu is unlocked. I also suspect that some of the already revealed characters (perhaps Helena) will be locked too, just to up the number of unlockable characters.
Agreed. She should have been playable a long time ago.
I agree with this theory too. I never thought it would be just Mila, but your theory is completely possible too. If they were going to reveal Mila they would want the spotlight on her, not Genfu as well. Good theory :D

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I agree with this theory too. I never thought it would be just Mila, but your theory is completely possible too. If they were going to reveal Mila they would want the spotlight on her, not Genfu as well. Good theory :D

Thanks. I think so. Now we just have to wait and see if I'm a mad prophet.

Master_Thespian

Kasumi Brad Mila Helena Kokoro Sarah Rig Bayman Zack Jann Lee Ayane
Hayabusa Eliot Tina Lisa Akira Pai Bass Christie Hitomi Leifang Hayate
Random Alpha Gen

Mila and Gen revealed before launch.
Pai and Alpha after launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD