Characters Difficulty of these characters?

Pictured Mind

7 years.

But I'm playing it safe because I still get accused of being called a noob or a scrub because of "how I play".

That has nothing to do with you being a beginner. That's just you playing a game and character you like and other people being dumb. You should really stop putting yourself down.

ULTIMa Ivanov

Standard Donor
I'm thinking of getting this game but I want to buy characters individually.
What is the difficulty of the following characters? What high execution stuff should I be expecting from them (1f links, etc.)?
I suggest to buy the character/s you like most (appearance, fighting style etc.), no matter if they are beginner friendly or not. Then take your time to practice/fight online and find out all the unique tools they have.

I usually use Christie and I think she's a great character but I'll never tell you not to pick up her just because I think or someone thinks she's not beginner friendly (or supposed to be so). You will enjoy learning/playing her as long as you like her. This is my point of view at least.

Doa_Eater

A lot player doesnt even know she had a stance lol. Nah Christie is one of the hardest chars to master in that Game and for beginner Hitomi, Alpha, Kokoro, Jann Lee, Gen Fu, Momiji and Rachel(lol every moron can be play a decent Rachel, never saw a char that requires so less skill) the best choices!
Always golden!!!

HjwaKom9.gif

Last edited:

NightAntilli

If you take execution out of the equation, and just consider how difficult the characters are to actually play effectively, Leifang and Mila are the hardest, while the rest are pretty straightforward. Sarah can rush any character down with pokes. So can Momiji with her crazy mixups, Christie with her evasiveness and speed, Helena with her stance and huge list of launchers, and Pai with her speed and advantage.

Mila takes a bit more strategy, although her OH makes things quite effective in general since it's impossible to react to whether she's gonna attack or OH you from her transition stance, and generally no attack is fast enough to hit her out of it.

With Leifang you need to know your opponent as much as your own character, because her pure offense is pretty much way below average. She has to rely on counter hits or unsafe setups at almost all times. Her versatility is what makes her good, but knowing how to use her tools effectively is harder compared to the other characters.

Rawbietussin

Well, let's see.

Sarah - Good offensive oriented character with great tools, just weak throws.

Her 61234T while Stepping would like to have a word with you.

She's fast, but kind of lacks power. Also, she doesn't have the best air juggle game, IMO. It's not so much as she's not beginner friendly, it's just that it's not recommended that beginners use her right away.

I used her for the first time in DOAD. She seemed very beginner-friendly to me. She doesn't even JAK that time around.

What is the difficulty of the following characters? What high execution stuff should I be expecting from them (1f links, etc.)?

Sarah
Pai
Momiji
Mila
Helena
Christie
Lei Fang

Also less important, could you guys give a run down of the playstyle of these characters? Some of them do not have extensive sections.

I'm no expert, but anyway...

if you're going to buy that many, Gamestop has the game for 30 dollars, two more than what you would be spending right now on those characters.

The biggest factor of execution among these characters is combos, not move execution. Sarah, Pai, and Mila have a little bit more combo execution than the others, but they are all pretty easy to control.

For playstyles, Helena is all mixups and crushes, Sarah is offense with frame advantage and stance, Christie is offense with speed and sidestep, and Leifang plays with defense-to-offense in mind (she shifts around and hunts for opportunities to take advantage of). Momiji and Mila are mixed bags.

Argentus

Sarah
Pai
Momiji
Mila
Helena
Christie
Lei Fang

Also less important, could you guys give a run down of the playstyle of these characters? Some of them do not have extensive sections.

Out of all of those, id say mila is the easiest executiob wise, because her style is extremely straightforward and practical. However because of that you need to be able to use strategy, being good at mixup and mindgames.

Or just abuse stun. Can do that with about any character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD