Do you see that Team Ninja should focus more on Ninja Gaiden as it is more sucessful than DOA?

From what I see, DOA has not been performing very well post Itagaki and I wonder if Ninja Gaiden should be the main focus as it tends to appeal more towards to the majority of the gamers casual and hardcore alike. If Ninja Gaiden keeps up with the success per streak then it is safe to say that Ninja Gaiden will end up as the focal point of Team Ninja rather than milking cash out of DOA. I don't see DOA cancelling anytime soon because right now a lot of mistakes are made and are in revision to see how DOA7 will be capable of pulling off in the future. Ninja Gaiden for the most part can see itself splitting into alternate continuities or more so center different characters to test if the future of Team Ninja can do better without Itagaki. Ryu Hayabusa on the other hand is one of the top fan favorites amongst the video game community and would do better as a mascot than the likes of Kasumi, Ayane, Honoka, and Marie Rose as of now. Would you see that Team Ninja gear more towards Ninja Gaiden than DOA to revive their glory?

TheHunterKiller692

Would you see that Team Ninja gear more towards Ninja Gaiden than DOA to revive their glory?
Hate to break it to you, but A, Ninja Gaiden and DOA2U didn't sell well cuz you had a plethora of other games (Halo 2, GTA San Andreas, Half-Life 2, Painkiller, Need For Speed: Underground 2, and Burnout 3) that still have more fans to this day than NG1, all in the same year, and B, Itagaki is not who you think he is. I think bringing him back is a terrible idea, and there's no counter, cuz he let the money go to his head and nothing else.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Where did I say NG and DOA2U made a bunch of money? Maybe: Halo 2, GTA San Andreas, Half-Life 2... I don't remember Painkiller being that popular, and it certainly isn't more popular than DOA or NGB now. Mentioning Halo 2 and San Andreas is hilarious to me though as they are among the most successful games of all time. Nobody is arguing against that. When I hear greatest games of all time, I certainly hear Ninja Gaiden Black a HELL lot more than NFS: U2.

I've been a follower of Itagaki for more than two decades; he's exactly who I think he is.

But needless to say (and this is becoming a recurring thing) but I don't understand your response. I simply said DOA is more successful than NG financially and it is. So once again what's your point?

dante_huyvu

I love NG but i think I enjoy Nioh more than NG. I think they should focus more on Nioh 3, not that Sekiro clone (Wo Long). Tbh,I think im biased. Ive spent tons of time with my brothers in Nioh, its so much fun with others. If NG has coop, that'd be dope :oops:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I thought Wo Long was pretty alright. Will admit though that when I look at the quality of Wo Long, I wouldn't blame anyone if their first impression or seen clips of it was a Sekiro knockoff. Sekiro is possibly one of the best action games I've played in a long time, heck I think it's FromSoftware's best work they've ever done right next to Armored Core 6 (yes, even better than Dark Souls. imo of course). I think most of the issues is that the popular action titles out there has this high graphical fidelity to draw eyes and be blessed with a giant community because of how they promote their games at a higher scale that just completely shits on whatever KT puts out.

There's something about KT's game qualities that just has this (not sure how to properly put it) cheap filter all over it or it's completely outdated stuff that just doesn't work in the modern era as much. Some elements of Wo Long just look extremely fan made where the combat fluidness is ruined by washed out colors or inconsistent staticky animation work. A ghetto example, one attack in Wo Long looks like in 60FPS, but the rest of the attacks look so weirdly inconsistent that some look like they are in 27FPS, another in 45, and another in 31 that just looks choppy. Some say the issue is Team NINJA, some say the issue is KT, I personally think it's both but yeah.

It sounds like I might be downplaying Wo Long for what it is, but I did however genuinely enjoyed the game for what it was. I have the DLC in my cart though not sure when I'll buy it or play it.

---------------------

On the other topic (which I didn't know existed and it's apparently a year old so someone reposted a year old thread), I'd like to see Ninja Gaiden return in general.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I thought Wo Long was pretty alright. Will admit though that when I look at the quality of Wo Long, I wouldn't blame anyone if their first impression or seen clips of it was a Sekiro knockoff. Sekiro is possibly one of the best action games I've played in a long time, heck I think it's FromSoftware's best work they've ever done right next to Armored Core 6 (yes, even better than Dark Souls. imo of course). I think most of the issues is that the popular action titles out there has this high graphical fidelity to draw eyes and be blessed with a giant community because of how they promote their games at a higher scale that just completely shits on whatever KT puts out.

There's something about KT's game qualities that just has this (not sure how to properly put it) cheap filter all over it or it's completely outdated stuff that just doesn't work in the modern era as much. Some elements of Wo Long just look extremely fan made where the combat fluidness is ruined by washed out colors or inconsistent staticky animation work. A ghetto example, one attack in Wo Long looks like in 60FPS, but the rest of the attacks look so weirdly inconsistent that some look like they are in 27FPS, another in 45, and another in 31 that just looks choppy. Some say the issue is Team NINJA, some say the issue is KT, I personally think it's both but yeah.

It sounds like I might be downplaying Wo Long for what it is, but I did however genuinely enjoyed the game for what it was. I have the DLC in my cart though not sure when I'll buy it or play it.
You have no idea how many times I had to re-read this part... XD

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You have no idea how many times I had to re-read this part... XD

No worries :cool:. After playing other games and genres outside of KT products for a couple years now, I've come to the realization that KT isn't this holy grail that people make it out to be. Many games have flaws, and I do think KT makes it especially obvious in that department (maybe a little too obvious).

Wish Team NINJA was under a different brand, but here we are.

TheHunterKiller692

You have no idea how many times I had to re-read DestructionBomb's part... XD
Well, just to piss him off, I ended up getting a PS5 copy of Wo Long at GameStop back in August.

I think most of the issues is that the popular action titles out there has this high graphical fidelity to draw eyes and be blessed with a giant community because of how they promote their games at a higher scale that just completely shits on whatever KT puts out.
I'm getting crucified for this, but I think it's because KT doesn't want to hire talent from other studios. Ironically, your assessment of KT games may come from Japanese players not immediately talking about graphics or artstyle, but combat and controls.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD