Doa 5 Girl Community...

XDest

Whoah! Belle was sleeping with one of the GM'S!!!??? Holy...Shit! I did not know that. Wow...I can see why you would be pissed.Fuck dude...

As far as the PMS Clan doing what the did I can't really hate them for it.Because Men use those tactics all the time to get what they wanted.Was it dirty? Based on what your telling me dayum right it was dirty! Just proof enough that both men and women are equally capable of doing some dirty shit.

I wouldn't want to teach young women something so dirty either. From what you telling me I cannot fault you for the way that you feel. If I was in your shoes I would be just as pissed off.Wow...You learn something new everyday :eek:.

Belle wasn't winning rounds period. Not sets, rounds. Meanwhile $20k later she's back for an encore.

If that's not corrupt, I don't know what is.

Mailifang

I blame Manny for playing politics all the time. Why can't you blame the PMS clan for their own shortcomings? Two wrongs don't make a right.

Scummy behavior is scummy behavior.

Well I don't know them personally.And even though they caused a lot of drama and used under handed tactics based on what your telling me. I always been a strong supporter of "don't hate the player,hate the game" mantra. What PMS Clan did was dirty and scummy.I agree with you on that 100%.But since their creation they were and always have been a publicity stunt. These women were paid and sponsored to play games because first and fore most they were attractive. Probably only 3 of them were decent gamer's. But they played the politic game, combined with their looks, and their "street cred" to do what they wanted to do. And that was to get paid and be recognized as an all female clan of competitive gamer's. I don't mean to seem insensitive but in a logical sense they did what they felt they had to do. Am I fan of the PMS Clan?Hell no! I felt they were posers since I heard about them. But I respected them for trying to put female competitive gamer's on the radar.

But after reading what you posted they just come off as scheming bitches.

I mean what do you expect, they called themselves the "PMS" Clan.I'm sure they had a semi-anti male agenda since they're creation.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Whoah! Belle was sleeping with one of the GM'S!!!??? Holy...Shit! I did not know that. Wow...I can see why you would be pissed.Fuck dude...

As far as the PMS Clan doing what the did I can't really hate them for it.Because Men use those tactics all the time to get what they wanted.Was it dirty? Based on what your telling me dayum right it was dirty! Just proof enough that both men and women are equally capable of doing some dirty shit.

I wouldn't want to teach young women something so dirty either. From what you telling me I cannot fault you for the way that you feel. If I was in your shoes I would be just as pissed off.Wow...You learn something new everyday :eek:.

They actually joked about it, JOKED about it, during the draft - both times. They didn't use the term "sleeping with", but she was the girlfriend to one of the GMs. If I remember correctly, after Vanessa was picked it didn't really matter what team got who from the rest of the girls. They had that low of faith in their skillset. I believe one of the GMs during one of the seasons actually drafted Belle because he knew that her boyfriend would pick her. Just as a joke.

Yaguar

I can see your point with the argument of Belle but I hate to say it, that seems like an isolated case and that does not make every woman in the world suddenly a whore.

I'm beginning to see why when attacks like this are being made (true or not, it is still an attack on a person) that women would want to try and shift away.
We shouldn't be looking at counter cases to female only groups we should be looking at resolutions to a form it into a single community. FSD is a wealth of knowledge and I've met some nice people in a short time here. I've had some great matches, I've played shit in others and through and through I've got feedback from people and I've grown as a player. That there is what a community is about. That is what FSD is about. That is what the entire FGC is about. Growing as a player.

As I see it a female only community will not grow to the extent and ability as if they were involved in a greater community. Yes, there will always be arseholes. Life lesson kids, that is part of every day life. Just wait till you get your first job and instantly you disagree with someone. Guess what? You move on. You don't as the impression Rikuto is giving me, live bitterly about it. Sorry to use you as an example but you're a walking one here.

You can shun the CGS for its decisions all you want but I doubt it would have been half as successful as it was (and it wasn't hugely to be fair since it only made 2 seasons before funding was cut) without a female involvement. You want better women in competitions? Teach them to be better.

As for the Belle thing, which is new to me since I was never involved in the politics of it all, she is not the only one at fault here. Perhaps you should be more pissed at the GM. Perhaps if you were so opposed to the CGS and its choices you shouldn't have entered? Since I can't remember all the names but (sorry if this is completely wrong, and congratulations if it is) if you did not make the cut as a male then you should have improved further instead of seething about losing a place to a female. Hell I didn't make the cut but I didn't blame the women who were there that I didn't get a place. I just wasn't good enough to contend in the slot that was open to me and I was thankful that I even had the chance because that entire weekend was amazing and I met some great people from it. A lot of whom I'm still in contact with now and guess what? They're both female and male and in community there is strength.

/EndRant

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm not living bitterly about anything.

I simply refuse to let it happen again because people didn't learn from the past (or were even aware of it).

As for the GM? Hah, I had a few choice words to say publicly about Dave Geffon after the draft. Anyone in-the-know remembers that outburst and the exchange of words that followed.

Of course, silly Rikuto.... If he says anything before the draft, he's shooting himself in the foot. If he says anything after the draft, he's just salty because he didn't get picked. If he says anything five years later, he's living bitterly.

See, I can't do anything and be right. Except.... I am.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The salt.

Its everywhere.

See what I mean? Now I'm salty.

There's no correct way to tell the truth without becoming less in the eyes of others. Which, of course, leads to not wanting to really talk about it until the issue comes up again several years later... which leads to accusation of bitterness.

The only winning move for me is to basically say nothing at all and let the community potentially repeat its mistakes. Is that the right choice?

Yaguar

There's no correct way to tell the truth without becoming less in the eyes of others.

Sorry to interpret it the wrong way. The past is the past. What happened, happened. I can see why you would be against all this but I don't think this is the way to go about it. An aggressive approach is just going to shun people. The best thing I've seen on all this was by Allan Paris, offering to play with people there. This integrates both communities and as corporate take overs work, the smaller is absorbed into the larger.

Can see now through discussion that I picked up what you said wrong and for that I am sorry, Rikuto. I wasn't aware of any of this so I wasn't labeling you with something from your past, it just seemed that way but text is deceiving.

For starters anyway I've made a post on their community wall to see why they think a female only group is needed. Perhaps it'll be a move closer to opening them up as players and not treating them as an evil cult.

Mailifang

There's no correct way to tell the truth without becoming less in the eyes of others.

I hear ya Rikuto. You say what you had to say. I can respect that. We can agree to disagree but as long as i know where each other is coming from I feel we can understand each other as individuals.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
I don't even see what the problem is and why all this old history was brought up. Just let the idea rock.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
For the record, I'm all for this idea, and I hope it's successful. And no, it's not just because the group name suggests it'll be full of pro-dommes clad in leather, lace, and the occasional whip and cuffs playing DOA...

Other than that, I'm gonna randomly wonder if Virtua Mima and Virtua Kazama are related, cause dad-gummit, that's been on my mind since I've been browsing the last 15 minutes...

franman

This page has just started and for you people to bash it....
If you're listing me as (one them in your mind that is), then you need to think twice. There's a difference btwn "bash" and "constructive criticism". I believe the criticism I gave out sounds rational enough though it can be argued against. If it were otherwise, Mr. Wah would have deleted my post infact there's one of my post he likes.

because you cannot play... is simply childish...
this page is to get females comfortable with one another... later we had plans on opening up to males gamers.
of course it's childish because not allowing someone, particular group or whatever is injustice unless there's a good reason to. I dunno about the idea of females getting comfortable themselves first before facing the males afterwards but if this kind of theory is proven that more females can participate then I would support this decision. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see any community growing or rapidly changing any time soon and were there at that time female only groups that try to promote more females aside from the one Rikuto mentioned.

p.s. >If< you do not know them personally dont put peoples names into it.
That's a wrong way to put it, it's more based on what that person has done. Now don't get me wrong I never accused you of being a sexist. My main criticism is that having a another forum is unneccessary since we already got this one. And yes I also agree that other DOA forums such as DOA Central should really just merge as one ultimate DOA forum for the sake of simplicity.

But the FGC as a whole is not making it easy. You guys are not stopping us from being apart of it. But the culture within the FGC is not very welcoming to even male new comers.So its harder for females.
I think you're right. From my experience in 8wayrun it doesn't have the friendly appeal. I've seen newcomers who disagree but get bashed by ppl who are well-respected by other members. If you know a guy by the name of Aris he's also in 8wayrun and is a spokesperson hosting Tekken vs Street Fighter there was a person who came from the Halo community arguing about the behaviour of the fighting community how different the Halo community is from FGCs in terms of behaviour. Aris of course disagrees and argues against him, it also comes to a point where he said something that is offensive to females. In 8wayrun we had that discussion a boy was it ugly ppl disagreeing left and right.

I don't know what The Mistress of DOA intent is as far as running her group.
I think her intensions are good but I think the nature of it brings a misunderstanding. I'm willing to criticize just to see an answer for me to think about.

Let's just say in conclusion I'm not going to like her facebook but I'm not gonna dislike it either.

Vanity Assassin

if your into having a girls group that's cool, but it's not for me, too many girls together creates drama and girl power BS, I rather play with the guys(which most are good friends) then most girls( I do have some long time DOA friends that are girls too), men have less(very less) drama, I am here for the game, not to be apart of a special group based on gender or anything else, if you want to play DOA, play DOA with the best, challenge yourself, become better and don't shy away because of gender or seasoned players, We need to be together as a community to represent our passion for the game, not go off into different groups.

Virtua Mima

if your into having a girls group that's cool, but it's not for me, too many girls together creates drama and girl power BS, I rather play with the guys(which most are good friends) then most girls( I do have some long time DOA friends that are girls too), men have less(very less) drama, I am here for the game, not to be apart of a special group based on gender or anything else, if you want to play DOA, play DOA with the best, challenge yourself, become better and don't shy away because of gender or seasoned players, We need to be together as a community to represent our passion for the game, not go off into different groups.

So you'd rather play with guys than girls? But you criticize girls who'd rather play with girls... I don't even...
Go back to shipping Delena.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD