DOA: Dimensions Modding

HenryCST

Not sure how many of you are aware of this, but with CTR Studio we're able to not only extract characters, objects and stages from DOA Dimensions, but also mod the game.

Modding it is very easy i'd say, all you need is either Blender or 3DsMax, CTR Studio to extract/import the models and have the model exported as .DAE and textures as .PNG (in the same folder as the model, too). I could make a tutorial but right now i'm just modding it to my heart's content and seeing how much can i do with this game.

By the way, i don't know what happens, but when i replace the outfits included in the game the textures get screwed up for some reason, so, for now, all of these modifications that i'm doing are for the SpotPass DLC costumes, this might be a problem only i'm experiencing, i don't know.

Here are some of the mods i've made this week.

Tina's DOA Paradise outfit with Sneakers
I don't know the poly count of this game, but we can't use high poly models. I had to use the assets from DOA: Paradise from the PSP and it worked just fine in-game.
imagem_2023-05-10_224843720.png

Kasumi's Costume 2 remapped to Default Outfit
I remapped her C2's UV Maps to her default outfit's and this is how it looks. Pretty cool i'd say.
imagem_2023-05-10_225056129.png

Tina DOA2 Original

I modified her Dimensions redesign of her DOA2 costume to look more like the original, i didn't change the boots, though.
imagem_2023-05-10_225411433.png

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not sure how many of you are aware of this, but with CTR Studio we're able to not only extract characters, objects and stages from DOA Dimensions, but also mod the game.

Modding it is very easy i'd say, all you need is either Blender or 3DsMax, CTR Studio to extract/import the models and have the model exported as .DAE and textures as .PNG (in the same folder as the model, too). I could make a tutorial but right now i'm just modding it to my heart's content and seeing how much can i do with this game.

By the way, i don't know what happens, but when i replace the outfits included in the game the textures get screwed up for some reason, so, for now, all of these modifications that i'm doing are for the SpotPass DLC costumes, this might be a problem only i'm experiencing, i don't know.

I don't know the poly count of this game, but we can't use high poly models. I had to use the assets from DOA: Paradise from the PSP and it worked just fine in-game.
View attachment 37999

I remapped her C2's UV Maps to her default outfit's and this is how it looks. Pretty cool i'd say.
View attachment 38000

Tina DOA2 Original

I modified her Dimensions redesign of her DOA2 costume to look more like the original, i didn't change the boots, though.
View attachment 38001
Amazing! Do you take requests? I'd love Kasumis Xbox costume and her DOA4 hair loose over her 2U loose model in the game xD

View attachment 37999

View attachment 38000

Tina DOA2 Original

View attachment 38001
Note: the REAL 3DS console is very unstable with which mods you want to load, so i tried one of this and it gave me a crash screen, so, everyone keep that in mind when making mods.

HenryCST

Amazing! Do you take requests? I'd love Kasumis Xbox costume and her DOA4 hair loose over her 2U loose model in the game xD
I could try.. DOA2U models have a low poly version, maybe that could be useful. Either that or i try my best to decimate the polygons lol

I'm only doing outfits for now, no hairstyles or anything

PrincessPeachfan2016

This is so interesting! I would love to see more active DOAD modding; the game is severely underrated. The DOA Paradise models are such a cool thing to see carried over, I'd love to see more of this! Do you think it's possible to somehow bring Rio over to DOAD? That would be so cool to see...

WiseGuy75

View attachment 37999

View attachment 38000

Tina DOA2 Original

View attachment 38001
Are you still planning on making a tutorial for this? Can you mod the emulated version of the game? Also, are you taking any requests?

HenryCST

This is so interesting! I would love to see more active DOAD modding; the game is severely underrated. The DOA Paradise models are such a cool thing to see carried over, I'd love to see more of this! Do you think it's possible to somehow bring Rio over to DOAD? That would be so cool to see...
It's definitely possible! I haven't touched DOAD in a while now, though. I'll take a look when i can.

WiseGuy75

Yes. I just haven't touched the game in a while, so i forgot hah.

What is your request?
To be honest, I haven't emulated the game to know these will work.

Also thank you for the response, the requests I have are basically a few costumes from DOA paradise.
Tina: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d...2Sirius.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100630052518
Hitomi: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d...2Auriga.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100408020727
Kasumi: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d...isteria.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100630050748
Hope I'm not asking for too much.

HenryCST

To be honest, I haven't emulated the game to know these will work.

Also thank you for the response, the requests I have are basically a few costumes from DOA paradise.
Tina: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d...2Sirius.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100630052518
Hitomi: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d...2Auriga.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100408020727
Kasumi: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d...isteria.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100630050748
Hope I'm not asking for too much.

I can't see the images

WiseGuy75

I can't see the images
Sorry something is wrong with the site, I can't even save the images from there.

Here are the names of the costumes for and the character list.
Tina (Irius) https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/Tina/Dead_or_Alive_Paradise_costumes
Kasumi (Magnolia) https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/Kasumi/Dead_or_Alive_Paradise_costumes
Hitomi (Auriga): https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/Hitomi/Dead_or_Alive_Paradise_costumes

I recommend erasing the history of that fandom site because it is plagued with ads.

HenryCST

Just curious how you're going about making the modifications. Is it just Texture modding, are you hex modding, or is it some sort of importer/exporter to/from blender?
I use CTR Studio to extract the models/import custom models back to the .bcmdl format.

CTR Studio extracts the 3d model with a skeleton as .dae. I import the .dae model in blender, modify to however i wish and export back. I then open the .dae model in CTR Studio and export to .bcmdl.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD