@KasumiLover probably didn't notice this is the thread for the PC DOAO version, ignore all he said

@KokoroDouglas1998 you need to talk to NPC "Little Sound", pick a hairstyle, AND AFTER THAT pick your character.
JSPR70B.png

FpIlNdy.png
In addition do you know if there's a coop mode like in later games where I can play with a friend on the same computer against eachother

WAZAAAAA

Alright so Alt+Tabbing DOAO on Linux is more broken than I thought, but through Lutris you can try these workarounds:

From the file /DOA Online/FINAL/client.ini you gotta edit the line FULL_SCREEN= to one of these numbers (gonna list the pros and cons for each)
FULL_SCREEN=0
-Windowed
-1024x768
+correct aspect ratio
+correct GUI

FULL_SCREEN=1
+Fullscreen
-1024x768
+correct aspect ratio
+correct GUI
-Alt+Tab super broken UNLESS via Lutris you set System options -> Restore resolution on game exit ON & Switch resolution to 1024x768

FULL_SCREEN=2
+Fullscreen
+YOUR_MAX_RESOLUTION
-wrong aspect ratio
-busted GUI

there's a 4th option where you disable DXVK from Runner options and the Linux Alt+Tab issue gets fixed, but performance will be ass so it's not really an option

to fix the aspect ratio for the Full Screen options (you want 4:3 but modern displays are 16:9) you can try something like this:
grab the name of your primary monitor for the --output command
xrandr -q
apply the aspect ratio fix (will only last through the current session)
xrandr --output HDMI-1 --set 'scaling mode' 'Full aspect'
if you want the change to be permanent... you're on your own, good luck

TL;DR edit client.ini and set FULL_SCREEN=2

DetectiveAlice

is it possible to re-use your old character? it just says "character name is in use" every time i try to log in. any idea how to get around this?

WAZAAAAA

Can't reuse names, it's bugged.
You gotta wait for the whole server to restart in order to reuse names :\

WAZAAAAA

doubt it, we don't even have the server source code, just the compiled binaries

you're better off just getting a new "increasing" name every time like WAZA1 WAZA2 WAZA3 etc.

WAZAAAAA

Good news for Linux users, DXVK 2.1 fixes the visual bug of half of the game interface missing! Badly rendered text issue is still there though unfortunately. Btw enabling Gamescope seems to make resolution support even better than Windows, the game gets upscaled to take as much space as possible while respecting the correct 4:3 aspect ratio.

It should be useful for Windows users who want to fix the Alt+Tab freeze bug as well but I can't confirm this since the last supported version by my aging GPU on Windows is DXVK 1.10.3 and the interface is still half borked there :\

and of course we've got HITBOXES now https://www.freestepdodge.com/threa...x-collision-data-display-other-features.9256/

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

lol Tengu dummy jump attacks are bugged in training
JUMPING PUNCH = forward jump kick
JUMPING KICK = neutral(??) jump punch

EvangelioN

I downloaded the game and its gets stuck at now loading for me. I used to play this lot so I dont know if I am doing something different

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I downloaded the game and its gets stuck at now loading for me. I used to play this lot so I dont know if I am doing something different

The server has been migrated and updated by the host. Unfortunately the IP has changed so you will not be able to connect via the old exe. There should be a new exe available soon that has the corrected IP address.

WAZAAAAA

since the server IP had to change I took the chance to update some minor stuff. Update the game to keep playing
If you can't be arsed to re-download everything, just get the few files that changed here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...12035095927332884/DOAO_miniupdate_version6.7z
Code:
2023-05-26 v6:
- new server IP
- (optional) updated DXVK version (rename d3d9.dll.VULKAN to d3d9.dll to use)
- (optional) added client3sleep0.exe (if your FPS are bad, try replacing client3.exe with it)

also updated the DOAOCollection a bit
Code:
VERSION 4 additions:
DOAO-Toolbox
Team Ninja tools Files (ingen58 archive)
fixed CRC corruption of mdKs32ls.xpr and mdTn40ls.xpr
more loaders

WAZAAAAA

just a useless story u ready

while doing some DOAO archeology in the search of the oldest possible DOAO available, I came across this old one from a Vietnamese forum (which I can't find anymore, might be dead)
Code:
DOAOL_upload_by_pftmclub.7z.001	MD5:778655F4381B6E0406F1CAE8BA4699AA
DOAOL_upload_by_pftmclub.7z.002	MD5:97B8C012C379B1FB44E16C1C594EAD3F
DOAOL_upload_by_pftmclub.7z.003	MD5:F3AEFA23001A7932D5132239CECED99E
...which was password-protected and it was nowhere to be found. I googled the nickname, found a twitch account that's still alive, sent him a DM to ask if he still had the password...... fucker responds 3 months later with "yes" WITHOUT SAYING IT DUUUUDE dad level jokes too strong lmao, I insist and he says it 2 months later: ayanehajinmon aaaand... it's useless, it's dated 2011-07-30 and it's based on the 2011-07-20 version I had and posted about already, the only difference is slightly different log files and the .ini set to CHS language instead of JPN lols

Pretty based guy still, he shills defunct online fighting games and plays old ones including DOA3 https://pftmclub.gitlab.io/ he just like me frfr lmao.

WAZAAAAA

Main game download link died 4 days ago because Google woke up and said so, after hosting this shit since 2012:
Your file may violate Google Drive's Terms of Service
"DOAO.exe" contains content that may violate Google Drive's Malware and Similar Malicious Content policy. Some features related to this file may have been restricted. If you think this is an error and would like the Trust & Safety team to review this file, request a review below.
...attempting to click the "review" page fails giving me a 404 error, so consider that link dead as a doornail.

Reuploaded with password protection this time, in the hope of bypassing their stupid anti-malware filter. The contents are the same. The password is 123

WAZAAAAA

you're thinking of the doao poser server

mini-guide to start it:
in the collection look for MotViewingTutorial and then
1. copy the contents of doao_pyserver into the FINAL folder
2. (with Python 3 installed) run doao_pyserver.py
3. run qLoaderC3.exe

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD