WAZAAAAA

Hi everyone, the server has moved to a cheaper host, to continue playing you'll have to update the necessary IP. The new DOAO.exe setup connects to the new server, but if you don't want to redownload the whole thing, just edit this one file ...\DOAO\DOA Online\FINAL\client.ini like this (and run the game from sLoaderC6.exe or client3.exe):
BEFORE:
Code:
IP1=3.129.159.46
IP=3.129.159.46
AFTER:
Code:
IP1=66.225.194.52
IP=66.225.194.52

Open "6TRAINING2.bin" in a hex editor, go to address 0x20, change '01' to '00', and save the file.
Now "THE WHITE STORM" stage will have stormy whether in training mode(for everyone if you do it for the online server).
it's cool to know that the alternative version can be played, but idk if it should replace the regular version. It reminds me of the partially-playable snowy Tengu stage which has toooo much white and makes my eyes bleed. The effects are probably wrong in this PC version. Forum what do you think? Added explanation to DOAOdocumentation.txt in any case
What does 'ParallelServ' option do?
that's crazy, added your explanation to the sacred txt. I wish the population got so big that this function would be a necessity again lol.
Python script to unpack doao '*.bgm' audio files:
Python script to unpack doao '*.se' audio files:
nice, but your bgm2ogg.exe/ogg2bgm.exe tools are still alive. Although oggsplit can demux .se files into multiple .ogg's just fine, it scrambles the file names, but your tool keeps them!

Last edited:

Nazarick

Client updated to V3 and Collection updated to V2.

- fixed one of the biggest issues of this scuffed port: the FPS stutters caused by having audio enabled. The stutters were especially noticeable at the start of every round. Basically what I did was reduce the length of some Sleep functions inside the main game exe from 64 (milliseconds?) to the lowest possible value (1) and now the game runs much smoother. More boring details in the documentation section for those who care. Fun fact I actually stole the idea from a random hacker dude from a completely different game from a forgotten post who found out that the game had a faulty Sleep and he documented that by removing it the game would run much better. The lesson here is ALWAYS SHARE TECH FOR THE BETTERMENT OF MANKIND

- shoutouts to @CoYoTe for finding the lost sLoaderC5.exe file from some random Yandex archive lol you still gotta tell me where the hell did you find this link

- the collection got updated to include that one Yandex archive^. Also added a simple utility to restart newServer.exe automatically every time it crashes. It is used by the current public server. Nothing fancy, just a quick AutoHotkey script that gets the job done

- even though the 2 archives have more data than before, they got smaller in size lol apparently PeaZip's "Solid by extension" compression feature is godlike
Hi, i downloaded the latest version from your first post in this topic which is https://drive.google.com/uc?id=181RUbVkeGe2l3BpDw1cwFMfLEjdOPtN3&export=download

currently when i play the game, the fps stutters issue is back, can you please upload a fix?

WAZAAAAA

WAZAAAAA

i tried to disable the sound and i got 60fps in the game, so the fps stutter is real and caused by sound, my windows is 10 x64, maybe the fix not optimized for it??
do you get this welcome message in the chat when you enter the lobby? v5 proves you have the latest client version
cGGnyKA.png

Nazarick

do you get this welcome message in the chat when you enter the lobby? v5 proves you have the latest client version
cGGnyKA.png
Yes i get the exact same message you posted with v5 showing and i still got the problem, attached picture as proof of stutter 39 fps

DOADjpg.jpg

WAZAAAAA

Yes i get the exact same message you posted with v5 showing and i still got the problem, attached picture as proof of stutter 39 fps
idk I use Win7 so I didn't do much testing under Win10

that picture is not a really good proof of that specific issue happening, a video of ROUND STARTS would be best because playing WINNER/GET READY/FIGHT sounds clearly show the stutters

you know what, backup your client3.exe and try this one https://www.mediafire.com/file/pgxrb7uvpmynnbu/client3sleep0.7z/file just4u I changed the "Sleep 1" functions to "Sleep 0" (original was "Sleep 64"). Doing this increases CPU consumption by a lot, and causes unpredictable crashes when I tested it... but hey maybe it'll help with your problem

Nazarick

idk I use Win7 so I didn't do much testing under Win10

that picture is not a really good proof of that specific issue happening, a video of ROUND STARTS would be best because playing WINNER/GET READY/FIGHT sounds clearly show the stutters

you know what, backup your client3.exe and try this one https://www.mediafire.com/file/pgxrb7uvpmynnbu/client3sleep0.7z/file just4u I changed the "Sleep 1" functions to "Sleep 0" (original was "Sleep 64"). Doing this increases CPU consumption by a lot, and causes unpredictable crashes when I tested it... but hey maybe it'll help with your problem
you sir are a genius, the new exe you made restored fps to 60 with zero issues on my computer and no crashes. many thanks

Leifasumi

So I have never played on PC before today and I just downloaded the game but is it possible to use a PS4 controller? Also Can I play the story mode? I am honestly lost

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
being trying to connect my PS4 controller for 2 hours now, downloaded several apps to map the keyboard but none can detect my controller or is there an easier way I can do it? Any help would be really appreciate it

add the exe to your steam library that has the DS4 enabled in Big Picture Mode. It will convert the system to understand it as an Xbox controller.

Leifasumi

add the exe to your steam library that has the DS4 enabled in Big Picture Mode. It will convert the system to understand it as an Xbox controller.
Thank you so much! It worked. Now for the mods is there an easier way to understand? Like a tutorial on something on how to add them? Seeing all the codes gave me anxiety but I really wanna try them out lol

I tried to search on Youtube for a tutorial but I found nothing unfortunately.

Hey i just got DOAO and im loving it soo far but i dont know how to change my fighter's hairstyle, i did it on accident once with kasumi but i dont know what i did/how i did it

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Hey i just got DOAO and im loving it soo far but i dont know how to change my fighter's hairstyle, i did it on accident once with kasumi but i dont know what i did/how i did it
Iirc you change the hairstyle by pressing a different button when choosing their costume

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD