DOA5 1.03A changelog

Zhuge Liang

Wise words from Zhuge Liang (I love dynasty warriors). But what was the glitch for Borderlands 2? I have the game and beat it but never got too into it to see this glitch and how many months did it take to patch it?

Ah, the glitch in question was known as the 'badass reset glitch'. As you know, completing challenges awards you with 'badass points', which are shared across all of your characters, and are used to give them all additional stat boosts ontop of leveling up.

Unfortunately, a great many gamers got hit with this nasty glitch. What happens is that your stats get wiped, your points reset to zero, but the challenge progress didn't, so you were left in a situation where you couldn't earn your points back. Ontop of that, people also lost skins and face models, and in some cases, stashed weapons.

When they finally managed to fix it(after 3 earlier patches), Microsoft held their patch in certification a good two weeks after the PS3 got their fix.

But I'm derailing here. What I'm saying is that other fanbases have had it far worse.

EDIT: That being said, if you have both consoles, and you got the 360 version, I'd highly recommend jumping ship if you can get a copy cheap. This delay has almost destroyed the online scene on the xbox. Last time I logged, there were 5 lobbies worldwide, and absolutely no one playing ranked. By the time Microsoft decide to stop hardlining(which might not be for a while yet), nobody will really care......

Raansu

Ah, the glitch in question was known as the 'badass reset glitch'. As you know, completing challenges awards you with 'badass points', which are shared across all of your characters, and are used to give them all additional stat boosts ontop of leveling up.

Unfortunately, a great many gamers got hit with this nasty glitch. What happens is that your stats get wiped, your points reset to zero, but the challenge progress didn't, so you were left in a situation where you couldn't earn your points back. Ontop of that, people also lost skins and face models, and in some cases, stashed weapons.

When they finally managed to fix it(after 3 earlier patches), Microsoft held their patch in certification a good two weeks after the PS3 got their fix.

But I'm derailing here. What I'm saying is that other fanbases have had it far worse.

EDIT: That being said, if you have both consoles, and you got the 360 version, I'd highly recommend jumping ship if you can get a copy cheap. This delay has almost destroyed the online scene on the xbox. Last time I logged, there were 5 lobbies worldwide, and absolutely no one playing ranked. By the time Microsoft decide to stop hardlining(which might not be for a while yet), nobody will really care......

Patch being delayed has nothing to do with that. It's just as dead on the ps3. It's rare that there is more than 2 lobbies in the evening and ranked matches take me a good 10 minutes between each fight.

Dave

wow, it's not that bad on the xbox. i rarely have to wait long for a ranked, but there are times where there seems to be no one playing it. there is always lobbies available, more during the night hours though.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

wow, it's not that bad on the xbox. i rarely have to wait long for a ranked, but there are times where there seems to be no one playing it. there is always lobbies available, more during the night hours though.

I agree. It's not too bad here in Europe either.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It's not that hard to find matches for me on Xbox. There are usually about ten games up though some have have 1-2 bar connections. It does feel less active than DOA4 was just before DOA5 launched though.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I've noticed a vast improvement in online play, especially when buffering in moves. It no longer gets confused on your inputs if you do them quickly. For example, Akira's :236::P+K:, :4::3::P+K:, :236::P:, :4::6::P+K: used to fail online at the :236::P: move if I did it too fast. I had to dumb down my execution speed if I wanted to complete it. As of now, I'm at full speed and not dropping it anymore.

Shunwong, are you looking for matches against people in the USA? It's a pretty far distance to expect a good connection.

shunwong

Steve said:
Shunwong, are you looking for matches against people in the USA? It's a pretty far distance to expect a good connection.

I played against someone in Spain today and it was still bad. Input delay mainly.

But you are right, buffering works better. Before when doing 6PP,H,6PPP+K all I got was 6PPP. Now I get the free cancel.

shunwong

After playing a little more today I can see the Online has improved a bit. Monday to friday Im just too angry because of work to notice any improvements.LOL

Dave

After a while of play, I can agree that the online has improved a bit. Sometimes you will get some laggy matches, and the connection detection thing is not always accurate. I've gotten into matches with people who have 4 bars and it's more like 1-2 and vice versa. I'm not too sure about anyone else, but after the patch the game runs sort of slow at times. Lots more time waiting on black screens when switching modes both online and offline.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've noticed they made Bass' 66P now -4 on guard instead of -5. Possible some other stealth changes as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD