DOA5: Could Dead or Alive 5 be coming to the Wii U?

Team NINJA head Yosuke Hayashi and Ninja Gaiden Director Fumihiko Yasuda were recently interviewed in the February issue of Nintendo Gamer magazine. It was a short interview but here are the two biggest answers out of it:

In answering a question about the Wii U in terms of difficulty in development, Fumihiko Yasuda responded the following:

Fumihiko Yasuda said:
“It’s very easy to develop for. We’re finding it very similar to develop for Wii U as for the Xbox 360 and PS3. …They’ve asked us what we would like to see from the hardware, and when we give them feedback we can see that they’re definitely listening to it and making changes. The hardware is still constantly changing.

The question on Dead or Alive 5's possible appearance on the Wii U was pitched to Yosuke Hayashi who actually took the time to answer:

Yosuke Hayashi said:
We’re thinking about all sorts of things. Right now, our Wii U development is focused just on Ninja Gaiden, but we’re definitely keeping other platforms in mind for DOA5.

So what do you think? Would you be up to playing the game on the Wii U? or is it more of a wait and see approach?

WiiU.jpg

I don't see the issue here and why so many of you are against this. This wouldn't be in place of the 360 and PS3 builds, this would be in addition to them. Being on newer hardware, it might even run at 1080p which would be nice and be another reason for me to consider picking up a Wii U.

It's not really that I'm against it...its just anything nintendo now a days I just roll my eyes and go ugh...why...

Well in the case of the Wii U it's because they're admitting they were wrong with the Wii, and that aiming for the hardcore (like Microsoft did) is what really matters if you want to survive a great recession.

When you get right down to it, it all depends on how the final product for the WiiU is designed or what plans third parties will have for fighters. If the WiiU ends up having alternative methods to be optimized for competitive play on that platform (third party controllers, sticks, etc.), then so be it. The more platforms, the broader the reach to the audience. Nintendo could use something other than Smash and (possibly) Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2.

Ok, I am the farthest thing from a fanboy there is (most of the time). I'll buy gaming PC's and all the consoles of whatever generation if I think im gonna get some good gaming out of it. And Nintendo has that legacy apppeal, so you'd think I'd be all cool with them. Not so, and here is why.

The problems inherent with anything related to Nintendo is that it involves an underpowered console for the whatever generation you are comparing it to (although it skips a beat in this case because we are talking about porting a current-gen game to a next-gen console), childish and often pointless self-censorship, and a controller designed by Dr. Seuss with efficiency never even being brought into the design specifications.

Look at the 3DS. It has DOAD. I even own a copy of DOAD that I won. Do I own a 3DS? No. Because the control scheme on it is garbage, and nintendo is the type of company that doesn't make it priority to do anything about that.

Never main a game that's on a nintendo console. You leave that shit to the smash boys.

I do like old school nintendo franchises like zelda and metroid, and I do like some of the exclusives they get ("Tales Of" comes to mind) but the level of hype they would have to drum into me to get anything next-gen for nintendo is unrealistic. I just wait until the consoles fade into obscurity and drop in price -- and they do.

Again, I don't understand the hate this is getting. You act as if the PS3 and 360 versions have been canceled in favor of a Wii U version. How would putting the game on another platform possibly hurt your enjoyment of whichever version you're getting?

I know Rikuto here didn't just call me a Nintendo fanboy (let alone an inherent Smash player) because I was open-minded and giving the WiiU a benefit of a doubt, let alone still play DOAD 'cause I actually like the game and not feel dirty about it... sorry, but I'm no fanboy.

As far as maining games on Nintendo consoles, you're forgetting about Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. It did make Evo, after all.

Again, I don't understand the hate this is getting. You act as if the PS3 and 360 versions have been canceled in favor of a Wii U version. How would putting the game on another platform possibly hurt your enjoyment of whichever version you're getting?

If they wait until after they are finished developing it for the 360/ps3 then fine. But right now, bleh, no thanks.

Reactions: d3v
Not that it being on Wii would be a bad thing, I'd just like assurances that it doesn't have some crazy "Touch to counter" functionality.

It doesn't affect me one way or another, I'd just rather piss glass than see some gimmicky control scheme super glued to an experience that really doesn't need/benefit from having it.

#Mass Effect 3 "Better with Kinect"

I never said that it would.

All I said was that nintendo was garbage in general and would likely offer a shitty censored port with a joke of a controller.

As I've said, I like a LOT of nintendo IP's. But their company policies are shit and everything else that they do is a joke in my mind.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD