DOA5: More new challengers coming soon?

In addition to recent tweets by Team NINJA referencing another guest character only referred to as "him", Andriasang has posted an interview from this week's Famitsu with Hayashi. Hayashi revealed that Akira may not be the only guest character in Dead or Alive 5. No word on if these other guest characters are also from Virtua Fighter 5 or from an entirely different series altogether, but we'll just have to stay tuned to find out.

20120305_doa5kasakr02.jpg

Additionally, Hayashi mentioned in the interview that he was the one who pushed hard for Sega to allow them to include Akira into Dead or Alive 5. Oh, and in case you were wondering, Akira's commands are basically unchanged according to Hayashi.

Andriasang said:
The big news in crossover fighting earlier this week was that Virtua Fighter 5's Akira would be appearing as a playable character in Dead or Alive 5. He may not be alone.

In Famitsu this week, Team Ninja master Yousuke Hayashi reveals that it was he who asked Sega to let Team Ninja include Akira in the game. "Ask" may not be the right word -- something closer to attacking Sega in order to get approval would be more accurate.

Hayashi says that, because they're going to all the trouble of holding this collaboration, Akira probably won't be the only character. It's unclear if he means we'll get more Virtua Fighter characters, or if he's referring to other franchises.

Wondering how Akira will play in the Dead or Alive universe? Hayashi says that the character's commands are basically unchanged from VF.

Source: Andriasang

Too many VF characters might spoil the novelty of a "VF+DOA" game. So, therefore, I'm thinking they may choose another Sega character. Maybe someone like Kiryu Kazuma (Ryu ga Gotoku/Yakuza)?

I got a feeling if another VF character were to be in it, it would be Jacky... Both are very popular characters in the both the game and the anime... They both were also featured in the Sonic All-Stars Racing game... Wolf comes in after those two in terms of popularity...

Despite all of that, it would be nice to see either Jean, Lion, Sarah or Taka as the next VF character to be in DOA5...

I refuse to hear Lion's shitty voice acting in a DOA game.

And If we need a boy that looks like a girl, we've got eliot.

I don't like where this is going. I'd rather have DOA6 after DOA5, not DOA vs VF. Why is everyone trying to copy Crapcom?

I don't like where this is going. I'd rather have DOA6 after DOA5, not DOA vs VF. Why is everyone trying to copy Crapcom?

You're looking at it wrong. Why isn't everyone trying to cross over with something that ISN'T capcom?

This, in a way, is a breath of fresh air.

And since Hayashi already went on record saying he believes that on-disc DLC is bullshit, you can be sure they won't copy that aspect.

Even so, I always wanted to have a match with Chibita one way or another in a Christie vs. Lion match.

He may play a character with shitty voice acting, but I play a character with a (currently) shitty damage output. Part of the reason I mained Christie was because her playstyle kinda reminded me of Lion's at the time. But I digress. I'm ranting too much on something I'm getting my hopes too high on.

I have a feeling if Vf drops another charter it will be a more popular one. Jacky or Sarah, Both of which i play but would rather see Aoi or Kage or even Goh. I bet Vanessa would be a good fit as well

And If we need a boy that looks like a girl, we've got eliot.

I don't see how Lion looks like a girl... And as far as voices go, Jacky's is up there in the annoying department, too...

Even so, I always wanted to have a match with Chibita one way or another in a Christie vs. Lion match.

Man, I haven't heard anyone mention that name in a long time... Cats don't even talk about him on VFDC either since '06 I think... Now it's Fuudo and Gamerbee who are mentioned...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD