DOA5: Special editions of Dead or Alive 5 to be released?

According to the updated Dead or Alive 5 official website, it appears that DOA5 will have more than one version released. The website states that you can preorder the "standard edition" from various retailers. Honestly, I find this shockingly expected. I look forward to hearing what other editions are announced and their offerings. Hopefully they won't have gameplay altering exclusive DLC (such as characters or stages) as that's always a low blow. Dead or Alive 5 is scheduled for release in September of 2012.

What items would you want in a premium or limited edition version of Dead or Alive 5?

DOA5SE.jpg

Source: Dead or Alive 5 Official Website

I'm not a fan of CE, but I really REALLY wanna get it if there is one. None of those retailers ship to my country sadly. So paying the double (or even triple) for limited or collectors edition, is kind of a deal breaker for me. Perhaps, I can get my hands on the European version, since my mother is going to be visiting family on France.

Maybe it includes a Kasumi or Ayane figurine? Not the most probable thing, but who knows.

As much as I disliked NG3, it did have a cool CE, IMO. I'd like something like that. A book, CD and Figure... Which is pretty standard for todays CEs. I hope there aren't any reatailer exclusive items though.

I wouldn't mind having Ein and Tengu before everyone else as Scattered said. I'm sure there will be either that or, special costumes, etc...

Ugh, please no. No early characters or stages. I don't care if there are early costumes though, but I still don't condone it.

What happened to the days when CEs had physical objects that were actually collectable, hence the name collector's edition. In game content should not be withheld from those who don't want to spend 2x the money for a limited print of a game, especially characters in a fighting game.

What's worse is that then you have shit like umvc3 where Jill/Shuma were still dlc, because of whiners with buyer's remorse who didn't want to admit that they paid $120 for a tin box.

It was a nice box though.

Guaranteed costume pack. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say costumes will be released in themed packs. The collector's edition will likely offer up one either early and free or just free when it releases. Maybe a calendar. We should start a fucking betting pool on the contents. Who's in?

This is asking too much but I'd like a well done "behind the scenes" book on the development of DOA5. The amount of effort to put something like that wouldn't really warrant being a preorder bonus though. I just don't want a crappy figurine that'll break en route to the store and will sit and gather dust. I'd like something a lot more substantial than that. Dumb pieces of plastic like that are more of an insult than a bonus these days.

Well they shipped NG3 with one weapon and offered old weapons as DLC, there's no telling what money grubbing scheme Tecmo's concocting for this one. Gone are the days when we'd get something like the hurricane pack for free.

Well they shipped NG3 with one weapon and offered old weapons as DLC, there's no telling what money grubbing scheme Tecmo's concocting for this one. Gone are the days when we'd get something like the hurricane pack for free.

aaah the hurricane pack ...
that was probably the most epic dlc ever ...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD