DoA5 to 6 demo changes.

Raansu

This is subject to change as MASTER has said the demo is older than the retail so I'll update this as we go and as I find/remember other stuff. Feel free to add anything if anyone else finds anything different.

4kk no longer relaunches very high. This is more than likely because 214kpp~236p is her best juggle now....which I find to be pretty boring and incredibly annoying because you have to dash in then do 236p to get the close hit which adds more damage. I really don't like it lol.

2p is no longer +1 on hit. Its just +0 now.

8k no longer SDS (will cause fatal on a crouching opponent)

214p no longer SDS (will cause fatal on a crouching opponent)

8h+k is now a FSDS

46k no longer guarantees anything (rip 46k~6h+k~6p+k limbo stun setup)

6h+k no longer does the unholdable stun when a player is back turned. On counter hit it does a spinning stun.

7k launch height threshold is terrible now. Used to be able to do 3kp in stun early stun and do 7k for a easy fast juggle. Only thing that even connects now is p+k unless its a lightweight.

New string kp. The first punch can be held, but the rest of the punches are a natural combo and cant be held. This is pretty much her defacto wall juggle. Her other options dont do as much damage except for 8pk6pk which does the same amount. The k stuns and if they dont hold this move will be pretty scary against the wall as it does the doa5 wall bounce and its damage is pretty good.

New string 3pk....I don't know what to do with this move. The stun is ridiculously short and the recovery is 28 frames so your follow ups are limited. You can't use it to extend a stun because they recover so fast from it. Like the only thing I can follow up with is 6p or 6k or just p to extend the stun, but her best option imo is if you get the counter hit stun from 3pk to go into 3kp string because the P will launch and you can do a quick juggle. Outside of that I feel like this moves only purpose is for the wall game.

3pp nerfed. It is now -3 instead of -1

7pkkk no longer bounces.

2h+k is now only +2. It was +5 in DoA5. On the bright side stagger escape no longer exists so you can't stagger out of it and make it -1.

9pk is a natural combo now. If you get hit by the punch you're going for a ride because the kick cant be held and even without stunning the damn thing launches pretty high on normal hit to the point that 7pk~p+kpp will connect as well as pp6pk and pp4ppp. I love this.

All of her old normal hit natural combos are still the same.

Overall, she got a ton of nerfs, not a lot of buffs, but at the same time I think she'll be fine simply because of the games mechanics are a lot more friendly to her design. She's still really good at neutral, she's still crazy good at whiff punishment, her damage is crazy good and she doesn't need to play the stun game anymore. She's not ground breaking by any means and she's certainly not going to be top tier, but she's way more manageable in this games system imo.

I'm not happy about losing +1 on 2p and even less happy about losing my 46k setups, but I think we also need to consider the other mechanics in the game like fatal rush and her new sit down. She's gonna be dangerous this time around. You can't sleep on her like you could in doa5.

Last edited:

Raansu

Natural strings on normal hit and counter hit:

7pp
7pk
p6p
pp
9pk (the sweetness)

*6ppp the last punch is a natural but only if the first punch whiffs, same with 6pp6p.....kind of weird but whatever.

Normal hit only naturals:

3kk
8pp

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD