DOA5 ver 1.03a Bugs,Glitches, and Tweaks.

Akumasama

lol nice bug!
Reminds me of the insta zero frame high attack that Christie and Kokoro could pull off sometimes in DoA4.

Btw, I assume nobody ever heard of the issue I posted in the previous page? I'm pretty annoyed. Atm I can't play with DoA5 on X360 anymore and I can't even pay to buy a new pass online.
Tecmo doesn't answer my email/tweets either, no clue who to turn to.

GeMster

lol nice bug!
Reminds me of the insta zero frame high attack that Christie and Kokoro could pull off sometimes in DoA4.

Btw, I assume nobody ever heard of the issue I posted in the previous page? I'm pretty annoyed. Atm I can't play with DoA5 on X360 anymore and I can't even pay to buy a new pass online.
I have the same problem! As soon as I downloaded the Zack Island stage the game didn't recognize my online pass anymore. I already tried removing everything DOA5 related (even playdata) and downloaded all the patches and the online pass again. It still doesn't work...

What the hell is going on here :( If you find a solution please tell me!

P1naatt1ke1tt0

@Akumasama @GeMster contact Microsoft customer service and tell them of the problem and emphasize how Tecmo won't answer you, maybe they'll tell you how to get in contact with the relevant parties.

Or better yet, ask Max536Drago to tweet TN about it, then they'll listen for sure :D

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
lol nice bug!

E-mail support can take a while from any company. Don't they have a support phone line?

Akumasama

Dunno who who this Max536Drago is but I guess he has contacts with Tecmo or something? Sent him a couple messages btw, thanks for the hint and I hope he'll read them.

@Rikuto
No clue, but I'm not really particularly proficient with spoken english, furthermore international calls from my country are really really expensive, I'd like to avoid that for what could likely turn to be an useless call with a secretary that knows nothing about the game or the issues.

Omegan Eckhart

Dunno who who this Max536Drago is but I guess he has contacts with Tecmo or something? Sent him a couple messages btw, thanks for the hint and I hope he'll read them.
Oh god, he was joking when he said that. That guys does nothing but moan at Team Ninja, and they finally lost their patience with him.

He tweeted them saying "For Dead or Alive 6 or Ninja Gaiden 4 you guys need to get your garbage together and fire someone", and they responded by saying "Maybe you should give it a rest and go take out your own garbage". He is definitely not a link to the powers that be.

For future reference MaxDrago is the butt of every moaning/whining/doesn't know what he is talking about joke on this site.

Akumasama

Lol I am laughing! I just regret that message I sent him lol
Hope you could delete em but alas once sent they're sent xD

GeMster

Ok so the game recognized my online pass randomly again yesterday. When the game asked me to choose a device to save my stuff in (when you start the game) I didn't chose anything. Then when I tried to go online everything worked perfectly.
Now I don't know if that^ was the fix to it or not. I also don't know if it still works, I don't have my Xbox with me this weekend. But you could try that and let me know if it fixed it.

Akumasama

If you don't select a profile at all or decide to create a new one on a different device it does work, BUT there is a but.
Not only you won't be able to access your saved data (obtained costumes, titles etc) but I'm afraid the reason it works is a different one.
Do you remember there is a "grace period" of a few days that allows you to play online even if you don't put your online pass? If you didn't know well, there is, it's like 3 days or something.

Probably this grace period is not linked to your Xbox Live Account as I thought, but to your hard disk game save profile.
I.e. each time you create a new game save data, you will have a new grace period on that new account.
Selecting no device = you create a cached account that won't be saved, basically a new account every time.
Wonder if with this trick someone could play online without even buying an online pass lol

Anyway issue not solved, alas.

Nyphixa

If you don't select a profile at all or decide to create a new one on a different device it does work, BUT there is a but.
Not only you won't be able to access your saved data (obtained costumes, titles etc) but I'm afraid the reason it works is a different one.
Do you remember there is a "grace period" of a few days that allows you to play online even if you don't put your online pass? If you didn't know well, there is, it's like 3 days or something.

Probably this grace period is not linked to your Xbox Live Account as I thought, but to your hard disk game save profile.
I.e. each time you create a new game save data, you will have a new grace period on that new account.
Selecting no device = you create a cached account that won't be saved, basically a new account every time.
Wonder if with this trick someone could play online without even buying an online pass lol

Anyway issue not solved, alas.

You can try deleting the patch by going to settings, then system settings and select storage. Once in storage highlight any storage devise and click Y, select clear system cache then yes. Doing this will delete all patches and only patches on your xbox. It might be annoying to redownload all your patches but it maybe worth a shot.

Akumasama

Tnx Nyph ;)
But I already tried that, alas nothing good.
Only thing I didn't delete is my game save data, but I don't really want to lose all the stuff I stored in that.

Chaos

Tnx Nyph ;)
But I already tried that, alas nothing good.
Only thing I didn't delete is my game save data, but I don't really want to lose all the stuff I stored in that.
Copy your sava data to a usb drive if you can.

Akumasama

I already tried letting the game start without my game profile (or with a new one) and it works. But the reason why it does so is, I think, because every new account gets a grace period of a few days.
With a new profile it works even without an online pass, as far as I could test.

TakedaZX

00:17 What the fuck is this?
Looks like a clipping issue, similar stuff happens with other characters at the wall, like Hayabusa's Ongyoin 6k will push through the opponent and put him at the wall (of course in the situation the move connects regularly) or Hayate's ppp(p) for that matter. It's something I don't remember seeing this much of in DOA...

But anyway, clipping is a situation where two characters (or things) try to occupy the same space and one gets pushed out. In this case it was Hitomi, which put your controls on reverse which switched sides.

Fuck this game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD