DoA5LR Hayabusa

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'll re-title and re-do this initial post once the game launches, but I figured I'd start this up and see if anyone has anything specific they want me to look at at TFC this weekend.

Jaguar360

So we got a few minor nerfs, a minor buff, and a semi-major nerf (4H+K from -1 to -5 on block). I'm starting to wonder why they even bothered at all.

8KK:カウンターヒット以上時にバウンド浮きに修正 "8KK: Fixed to bound float when more counter hit"
隠8T:空振り時、着地後も逆立ち状態となっているのを修正 "The hidden 8T: Fixed fruitless when, has become even after landing a handstand state"
What do ^these mean?

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Sucks to see nerfs, especially for a character who felt pretty balanced. The changes to 214P and 4H+K are without a doubt the most significant. The frames off those moves were reasonable/justifiable given their speed... now it will be that much harder to gain momentum.

Adding an optional ongyoin transition afterwards, similar to 6P+K/Ongyoin 6p or 33p (which are also -5) would have been a decent trade off. Some didn't respect those moves before, now they have no reason to. Looks like I'll be sidestepping / izuna countering afterwards to compensate...

8KK:カウンターヒット以上時にバウンド浮きに修正 "8KK: Fixed to bound float when more counter hit"
隠8T:空振り時、着地後も逆立ち状態となっているのを修正 "The hidden 8T: Fixed fruitless when, has become even after landing a handstand state"
What do ^these mean?

Sounds like 8KK will cause a bound on counter hit like 666P_9K. This doesn't really add anything substantial that he couldn't get off a 4K launch/non-air throw setup... apart from slightly more damage prior to the bound.

The second one, I'm not too sure of. Sounds like they altered his state after landing somehow.

#BringBackTheHeelDrop

Last edited:

Jaguar360

RIP Hayabusa?

what does he have left?
izuna-drop-o.gif

He's got style man. He's got style.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Bumping this up. Put several hours into our favorite Super Ninja this weekend. While the nerfs don't really seem that bad, he's not any better than he was in Ultimate. Can someone help me make sense of the property change to 8kk, though? Doesn't seem any different to me. I only read a super early translation and that likely didn't help.

EDIT: Read the updated translations, realized it doesn't matter because LR is currently at 1.00 and not 1.01. That would explain why he feels the same as he was in Ultimate lol.

I will say one change that I believe is new to Last Round: 6KP now causes a sweet new camera effect on KO. I believe it only happens on counter hit but I saw it once and thought it was pretty cool.

Last edited:

Jin Masters

Bumping this up. Put several hours into our favorite Super Ninja this weekend. While the nerfs don't really seem that bad, he's not any better than he was in Ultimate. Can someone help me make sense of the property change to 8kk, though? Doesn't seem any different to me. I only read a super early translation and that likely didn't help.

EDIT: Read the updated translations, realized it doesn't matter because LR is currently at 1.00 and not 1.01. That would explain why he feels the same as he was in Ultimate lol.

I will say one change that I believe is new to Last Round: 6KP now causes a sweet new camera effect on KO. I believe it only happens on counter hit but I saw it once and thought it was pretty cool.

Set "Com Action" to Standing Guard and "Com Reaction" to Stand if the second part of 8kk hits on counter its grants a small bound with grants you an air throw, if hit on high counter it grants 8p, WR 4k;p, or punch string
Seems like their trying to make hayabusa more of a risk/ reward character with these changes

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Set "Com Action" to Standing Guard and "Com Reaction" to Stand if the second part of 8kk hits on counter its grants a small bound with grants you an air throw, if hit on high counter it grants 8p, WR 4k;p, or punch string
Seems like their trying to make hayabusa more of a risk/ reward character with these changes
I know that now. That was what my edit was for. I haven't gotten 1.01 yet to test but I at least knew what was coming after reading the updated notes.

UpSideDownGRUNT

They added slow motion KO cam to a majority of his moves, I think my favourite is the air throw haha makes it look super dramatic.

But even with his recent changes he feels very similar to 5U just mostly unsafer atleast lows shouldnt interrupt 7P and 9P iterations now.

Jin Masters

Didn't see a combo section for Busa but I wanted to add this little tip on the dangerzone stage to get you started.
After knocking someone on the second stage you can:
  • Immediately 4k, shoho izuna
  • Immediately p+k4, k, 66k, k, WR4k, k
Way more consistent

Last edited:

TheRealCoxinator

I played for a few hours and was actually doing better even tho I took a long break :p it seems most people have gotten worse or its just the new people.

Juan The Man

Danger zone combo after edge big bounce. Immediately
4p (h) 236p, 66k, k air throw....no time and your welcome.

And if you need a blue area small bounce. (Launcher) Pp4p2p ,(ground bounce) 8p air throw/combo

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Need to actually put some content in the original post but I'm too lazy to do it. Who wants to put in the work? I'll probably split it off into it's own thread, lock and re-title this one, and then remove this one once it's no longer required.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
They added slow motion KO cam to a majority of his moves, I think my favourite is the air throw haha makes it look super dramatic.

But even with his recent changes he feels very similar to 5U just mostly unsafer atleast lows shouldnt interrupt 7P and 9P iterations now.

How do you get it in slow motion?

TRI Mike

214P being -5 now is the thing that hurts him the most imo. He can still be scary but that along with the 3H+K nerf he got from vanilla to Ultimate seriously hindered him.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD